June 13th, 2008

An early Fathers Day gift for John McCain

Meghan McCain gave her father an early Father's Day gift.

Meghan McCain gave her father an early Father's Day gift.

(CNN)—Meghan McCain gave her father an early Father’s Day gift Friday when she changed her political party affiliation from an Independent to a Republican.

Joined by her mother, Cindy McCain, the younger McCain re-registered at the State Capitol Executive Building in Phoenix, Arizona.

In a statement on the aspiring first daughter’s blog, Meghan McCain explained she made the decision as a symbol of commitment to her father.

Meghan McCain, who was registered as an Independent since she was old enough to vote, said in a statement the choice represents her faith in her father’s “ability to be an effective leader for our country and to grow and strengthen the Republican Party when he is elected President of the United States.

“Happy Father's Day, Dad!” she also said.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. UH OHHHH!!

OK so SHE is the one who wants to be a public figure right? SHE wants the fame so her books will sell right?? SO she is open to comments and all I have to say is.......

THIS picture they show reminds me of the MYSPACE photo you see in the joke online where you only see her face but it crops out the rest of her 200+ Pounds. Lets just say she is NOT Thin like Cindy AT ALL. WOW!!

June 13, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  2. christina

Umm, excuse me, Meghan is it? Dear CNN forgot to finish the headline for your article so please allow me to do it for them:

Meghan McCain is writing a children's book...and NOBODY CARES!!!

Gas is over $4 a gallon (I drive a jag and my gas cost a LOT more than that), our troops are being killed everyday for nothing, the economy of the US is the worst that it's been since the stock market crash of the '20s and you [CNN] are telling me that this senseless stupidity is news??? Write an article that we'll care about, here's an idea:

GEORGE BUSH IMPEACHED AND GOES DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE ABSOLUTE WORST PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

June 13, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  3. Sherri

Goodness, if a daughter didn't vote for her father, what kind of family would that be? This is a sweet story, but is it really news? I'm glad that Meghan McCain loves her father, that's all that this story tells us.

Obama's beautiful daughters are too young to vote, but they love their father too.

I wish my own dad were alive and I could wish him a happy father's day.

Obama has my vote. He represents the America I believe in.

June 13, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  4. Stacy

McCain is dumb..... really . People who want McCain want to like go back to the ford T model days or something.
    McCain is computer illiterate....... you need computer skills for most jobs nowadays..... is being president exempt from this requirement?

June 13, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  5. Luis

Stop it! Oh, the pain, my ribs......the non-stop laugher......:)

I personally want to thank the Communist News Network and you Liberal morons for hours of entertainment. Your mindless, cult-like devotion to the second coming of Jimmy Carter keeps me laughing everyday.

The fact that you have nothing of substance to discuss when it comes to your messiah (name a significant accomplishment) and his racist wife and church (he only quit for political expediency and I applaud Wacko Wright for pointing that out) proves that Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Thank you so much. I predict that at least 55%-60% of America sees this media creation for what he is in November and back to the church he goes.

Peace out Morons, LOL

June 13, 2008 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  6. Dexter

Another blonde with no brain.

June 13, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  7. Kate

How come the McCain ladies look so trashy with all those millions??

June 13, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  8. Reg

This (former) Republican is voting for Bob Barr.

McCain doesn't represent me or anything I believe in.

June 13, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  9. syqueen

If Obama daughter was the one just doing this it would been reported negatively different.We need some balance.Cnn and Wolf Blitzer.

June 13, 2008 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  10. Elizabeth

Enought already Texas Trail Dog. Just go away and take your republican self with you.

Oh and tell Rush I said Hi.

June 13, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  11. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Well, atleast that's one vote he can count on.

June 13, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  12. Paul

You Obamatrons are the nastiest, most condescending and arrogant people I have ever seen. Go back under your rocks.

June 13, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  13. John J

She is hot. She is good for her father and America.

Vote for McCain and making the man for change and experience for our president.

June 13, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  14. Jo Blow

Oh my! I don't think I could've ever given my father that type of gift!! I mean, that was very expensive!!!! Where on earth did she get that kind of funds for that gift?!!! Oh my!!!

Girl please!!! Go find something else to do than to just switch to Repub for Fathers Day!! Dumb, just dumb!

I DON'T CARE WHO DOES IT, JUST PLEASE MAKE THIS PLACE A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! And the song that McCain is singing doesn't sound like it will even sell one copy!!

OBAMA "08

June 13, 2008 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  15. Elizabeth

Billy from Fl June 13th, 2008 11:23 am ET

Hey, Kenneth M
    Does the truth hurt??? If you tell the truth does that make you stupid??

You Obama supporters don't have the brains you were born with.

Maybe you believe all the bull "Yes We Can" speeches, but
    McCain is going to pull every skelton out of Obama's closet, and I'm
    sure there is a lot to come. Are you going to go crying to mama
    when you look like a fool.

----–
    What about all the skeletons in McCain's closet. There are way more in his closet than in Obama's.

Keating Five for instance.

And lets not forget about Cindy either. She's got plenty of skeletons in her closet.

If you don't know what your talking about then you shouldn't say anything.

June 13, 2008 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  16. @everyamericans

she is an Obama girl

June 13, 2008 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  17. mike

who cars! you are ugly, too. Do you know that?

June 13, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  18. Alice in Florida

Meghan, I switched from being a life-long Democrat to an Independent once Barry proclaimed himself king with a lot of help from the media, and I will vote for your dad John McCain in November.

June 13, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  19. just what the world needs

Great....its Chelseas evil twin

June 13, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  20. USAF

To Mu Obama Supporters.

You are all way to scary....Way to try and unite the country. I think you all are really part of some crazy cult. Does this have to do with the second coming of the Hale-Popp commit? Just let me know the arrival date so I can go hide.

June 13, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  21. RC

His daughter. Hmmmm. Talk about biased... this story is worthless fluff.

June 13, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  22. Kate from MI

*YAWN* This is news? Who cares!!

Nice nosejob...LOL

June 13, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  23. USAF

You Obama supporters are all way to scary....Way to try and unite the country. I think you all are really part of some crazy cult. Does this have to do with the second coming of the Hale-Popp commit? Just let me know the arrival date so I can go hide.

June 13, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  24. rayofhope

Wow... she's too beautiful to have made a mistake like that. Please say it ain't so...RE-DECLARE YOURSELF AN INDEPENDENT!!!!

There are other ways to show your commitment to your father

June 13, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  25. wyoming dem

And what did she give Cindy for Mother's Day, a beer??

June 13, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |