June 23rd, 2008

It's back to work for Clinton

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/23/art.clintonsen.gi.jpg caption=" Clinton is set to head back to work this week."](CNN) - She spent the last year and a half occupying one of the most visible roles in American politics, but this week it's back to being the No. 68 most senior senator for Hillary Clinton.

Clinton, who formally ended her presidential bid two weeks ago, is set to return to the Senate Tuesday - the first time in over 17 months the New York Democrat will set foot in the chamber not being a candidate for president. Put another way, the last time Clinton was not a presidential candidate, in January 2007, oil was trading at just over $50 per barrel.

Watch: How are the Clintons doing?

Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines confirms Clinton will be back to work on the Hill Tuesday and Wednesday, though he would not give further details on the senator's schedule for those two days.

Clinton is also set to address the National Association of Latino Elected Officials in Washington on Thursday before joining up with former rival Barack Obama on the campaign trail Friday.

According to the Obama campaign, the two candidates will travel to Unity, New Hampshire - a small town on the state's western border where both candidates received 107 votes in the January primary, according to the campaign.

Clinton's first public appearance since ending her presidential bid came Sunday at a high school graduation ceremony in New York City. There she told the group of students running for president was a "extraordinary experience."

"I have just finished the most extraordinary experience that anybody could possibly have: being able to travel around our country, this great, sprawling, diverse country from one end to the other, meeting thousands and thousands of people who want a better life for themselves and their families, who believe in all their heart in the American Dream," she told graduates of Pelham Prep Academy."

1. Still for Hill but now ONLY for Hill

Don't you back this man, Hillary.

We voted for YOU for a reason.

Obama does not have what it takes.

June 23, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  2. Never Obama

Welcome back woman....

Now ditch this dictator wannabe.

June 23, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  3. Cheryl L. Swaim

I'm sure her friends in the Senate, the Democrats, will boo and chastise and further denigrate her. Shame on her for being born a white woman. Shame on her audacity.

June 23, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  4. ANGIE

well i hope she does the right thing and helps the party unite and not belittle obama and please hillary keep bill away this time thats why you lost because of his mouth!!!

June 23, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  5. Never Obama - Anti Obama movement

HRC I am with you and only plus 18 million American voters.

June 23, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  6. Sick of it

Can we get some more Clinton or Mccain whining?????

June 23, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  7. Blame Bush

Ahhh...oil for $50 a barrel...oh yeah, that was before the Democrats took control of Congress.

June 23, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  8. reminds me

Hillary... you are reminding me of all the reasons I voted for you and you confirm that you are the true leader.

Obama does not cut it.

June 23, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  9. TAHARI in CT 4 OBAMA

Welcome back Senator. You ran a great race.

June 23, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  10. VP?

I hope he does not make you VP.

That might cause me to vote for Obama out of RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR YOU.

Without you on the ticket... I feel honor bound to vote against OBAMA and the corruption of the DNC.

June 23, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  11. American

About time....Democrats unite.....let's weed out the McBushes!!

June 23, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  12. Raghu

CNN, can you show a poll of how Latinos are favoring Obama. I mean other than this Elian Gonzales thing.

Its a good thing Hillary adressing NaoLeo, obama needs their vote.

June 23, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  13. SD

good deal

June 23, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  14. Randall, Georgia

Basic Math: 1 Socilaist + 1 Socilaist = 2 Socialists

June 23, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  15. NH Mom

I'm voting for Hillary this November. I'm writing in the name of the best candidiate and am voting my conscience. Hillary for President!

June 23, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  16. rbasquez

This whole race is not interesting anymore. I really miss Hillary, she was the best person for the job. I don't think I can vote Barack, and I really believe that John McCain has a heart for the American people, but I really wish I could vote for Hillary.

June 23, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  17. Ivan

I will not vote for Obama, I can not vote for McCain, but I will vote, I will write-in Hillary Clinton for President.

June 23, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  18. pat

i just read a blog about you promise to a little girl at her graduation, i have never seem so much love for you from blog posters before an i have to agree, you are truly one of a kind, i really hope you stick around for awhile, as you will be president in 2012. only this time make sure you get the right campain managers as there the ones who lost the race for you . all your supporters are still here an will be here in 2012 so hang tight, will get you there in the whitehouse where you really belong

June 23, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  19. Beltway Insider

Get back to work woman....working for a man like you're supposed to be. Make me a sandwich while you're at it.

June 23, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  20. Go Hill

Without you as VP... it is easy to VOTE AGAINST OBAMA.

WITH you on the ticket... I would vote the ticket ONLY out of respect and admiration for you... but I have already left the party and I will never again return or donate to the party until they clean up their act.

June 23, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  21. John Smith

Please, please, let the "bitter" and uninformed (and racially motivated) Hillary supporters not vote for Obama; let them throw their votes at McCain and watch their dreams and hopes go down the drain!

These "bitter" voters should not be encouraged or begged to vote for Obama. For the educated and informed DEM, the primaries have always been about:
    1. The party, not the candidate
    2. The issues, not the candidate (gender, race or otherwise)
    3. The White House, not the candidate

This is about winning the White House, gaining control to address issues of interest to DEMS, if people cannot see this as the goal, please let them vote for McCain! Let this nonsense and baby-talk stop!

June 23, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  22. Mike in Columbus

Rise Obama Rise!

June 23, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  23. CHI-TOWN MIKE

Good deal, now please start unifying your supporters to back Obama. Those that dont...probably divorved lonely white women with 10 cats..stay home!

June 23, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  24. Freida, NYC

I love you Hillar!y Politics without you is not the same anymore. I know you want us to support Obama, but I just can't do it...Please don't give up, keep fighting for us and take it to the convention. I know for sure a lot us (your supporters) will vote for McCain in Nov if you are not the Dem nom. Obama is a huge mistake for this country, i hope the DNC, and the super-delegates realize this before August.

Hillary 2008-2016

June 23, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  25. Yes.We.Can.

1st poster, you are losing your handle on reality, you poor thing.

June 23, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |