June 23rd, 2008

It's back to work for Clinton

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/23/art.clintonsen.gi.jpg caption=" Clinton is set to head back to work this week."](CNN) - She spent the last year and a half occupying one of the most visible roles in American politics, but this week it's back to being the No. 68 most senior senator for Hillary Clinton.

Clinton, who formally ended her presidential bid two weeks ago, is set to return to the Senate Tuesday - the first time in over 17 months the New York Democrat will set foot in the chamber not being a candidate for president. Put another way, the last time Clinton was not a presidential candidate, in January 2007, oil was trading at just over $50 per barrel.

Watch: How are the Clintons doing?

Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines confirms Clinton will be back to work on the Hill Tuesday and Wednesday, though he would not give further details on the senator's schedule for those two days.

Clinton is also set to address the National Association of Latino Elected Officials in Washington on Thursday before joining up with former rival Barack Obama on the campaign trail Friday.

According to the Obama campaign, the two candidates will travel to Unity, New Hampshire - a small town on the state's western border where both candidates received 107 votes in the January primary, according to the campaign.

Clinton's first public appearance since ending her presidential bid came Sunday at a high school graduation ceremony in New York City. There she told the group of students running for president was a "extraordinary experience."

"I have just finished the most extraordinary experience that anybody could possibly have: being able to travel around our country, this great, sprawling, diverse country from one end to the other, meeting thousands and thousands of people who want a better life for themselves and their families, who believe in all their heart in the American Dream," she told graduates of Pelham Prep Academy."

1. Clinton Fringer

What is even more amazing is that a sliver of the Obama wackos are part of the sliver of a sliver who will vote in the general election. Doesn't make it seem like such an overwhelming majority of voters to me.

I agree with others on here.............Hillary will be my write in vote because I can actually vote for the candidate who should be the nominee and I can say that I actually voted for the person I wanted to and believed in.

June 23, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  2. She is the winner

She did the work... her entire public life....

The liar Obama steals the nomination and the glory.

Yeah, right, I will vote for him for sure now.

June 23, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  3. LovAmerica

I am sure HILLARY continues being pressured and threaten if doesn't help the DNC SELECTED ONE Barack Hussein, I am sure Hillary is doing what she has to do til THE CONVENTION.

We love you Hillary

June 23, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  4. Damian

I think it is good that Hillary is going to be seen with Obama. The Hillary crowd is not going to be swayed right into the Obama column just because of one endorsement. They can not just be sold off. The Obama camp and supporters are still seen as arrogant by a lot of people and need to show they care about the issues Clinton supporters care about. They have to be encouraged and swayed to the Obama camp by continuous public appearances and Obama talking about the issues they have in common.

June 23, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  5. Chut Pata

Finally! The primary mindset is slowly going away the GE mindset is taking over.

As for those pubs who are posing to be Hillary supporters who are going to vote McCain. Take a break. Obama supporters are all highly educated who wont be fooled by you. You are wasting your keystrokes!

Those Obama supporters who are still angry at Hillary. I won't trust any Clinton myself but the guns need to be pointing to McBush. Maybe Hillary would backstab Obama after Obama helps her cover her deficit, but then maybe maybe she will prove to be as good an ally as bad an opponent she was. Give her a break.

June 23, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  6. Brian for a Patriot

Despite her being robbed of the nomination, it is her way of saying thanks for the memories and thanks for paying off my debt, but you still only have a speech you made in 2002 when it comes to abilty Barack.

BARACK IS SCARED TO DEBATE. WHY? HE WILL HAVE TO THINK ON HIS FEET AND HIS TRUE LIBERAL RADICAL TAX AND SPEND APPROACH TO GOVERNMENT WILL BE CLEAR TO SEE.

HIS BIGGEST CHALLENGE IF HE WANTS TO GET ELECTED IS TO NOT LET THE PEOPLE KNOW HIS AGENDA OR HIS POLICIES, ONLY TO ATTACK ALL THE SENSIBLE ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE ISSUES THAT MCCAIN COMES UP WITH.

NOBAMA '08

June 23, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  7. James in Florida

Hillary

Had to go Attend the BUILDERBERG GROUP MEETING, it is a FELONY under the Loagan act and no press is allowed to know what is discussed, so did Obama and John Edwards.

I am sure Hillary also got another book deal for millons while she was at it.

Just remember all you Hillary supporters, donate – she wants your money.

She wants you to pay her 22 Millon dollar bill so her and Bill can keep their $109 MILLON

FOOLS

June 23, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  8. Raghu

Are you SICCK, Never Obamas?

Obama gives all the respect to Sen. Clinton, I highly respect Sen. Clinton, it is just not her time.

What do you want, for me to cal her Her Highness?

Anyway, name five major policy differences between the two.

1. Gas Tax Moratorium
    2. Health Care ( a SMALL diference)
    3. Oil
    4..Pakistan
    5......

5 major policy differences between Sen. Clinton and Sen. McCain

1. Health Care
    2. Offshore Drilling
    3. Iran
    "4.Iraq
    5. Cliamte Change

June 23, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  9. slash

She's the only reason I watched the cable news. It's utterly boring drivel now.

June 23, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  10. LUIS BARRETO

WITH OUT YOUR SUPPORTERS, OBAMA AND DEMOCRATS ARE PSYCHIATRY.///

June 23, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  11. Rita, MN

Good, enough said about her. Now on to the election coverage.

June 23, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  12. Ilona Proud Canadian

ron canada

SORRY TO SAY, BUT, YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT CANADIAN!
    ===================================

And you could as well STOP WITH THE LIES about Barack and Michelle..... We are on to you!!!!

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  13. karen

Hillary needs a cabinet position in charge of Health Care!!!! Obama will probably give her anything she wants. I do believe they really like each other. She would look a lot better on Obama's cabinet than Rice does now and she probably could get a lot more done!!!

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  14. Justme WV

God, please help the people that insist on Hillary being president (what a joke)...help them move on and get a freakin life.

Amen

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  15. Justice League

To Hillary, we're glad you're back. And Barack Obama and his millions and millions and MILLIONS of supporters are glad you're back with us too to help us win the election EASILY. Now, to the PUMAs, Republican Trolls, and other "it's Hillary or McCain" FREAKS, Go Ahead, Make Our Day! You will still lose, and look like even more of a fool than you do now. We will win without you, we are that confident. Check the latest Newsweek poll, you morons! Obama will win and you will lose, you had a chance to be on the winning team, but you chose disgrace instead. Obama will win! YES!

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  16. Obama Fatigue

Hillary needs to run undependent!

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  17. Alice in Florida

Hillary don't help snake in a suit Obama the race-card player who is the biggest racist of them all! He sat in a hate-filled church for 20 years and exposed his children to that garbage, and now he calls everyone who doesn't agree with him a racist. What a DISGUSTING person he is! The only person that makes me sicker than he does is his wife.

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  18. Cynthia

My hats off to Senator Clinton for going far in this election. She has paved the way for other women – letting them know that if you work hard it can be done. All Americans, especially women, should be proud of how much this country has evloved. So, let's move ahead and elect Senator Obama – when this happens will be not only show Americans but the whole wide world.

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  19. too late to kiss

We will all be sorry come Nov for installing Obama.

Thanks for being the true leader that you are and have always been.

The Nation weeps for the disrespect and trashing that the haters for Obama did to you.

We will speak with our votes in NOV>

Never Obama.

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  20. tammy

I've read how I must be unintelligent, a sore loser, racist, not a true dem, etc. because I don't support Obama. I don't support Alan Keys either. By the way, I am an American of African descent. I have a graduate education. I have voted dem in every election including the VA senator that aided in the shift of power in the Senate. I am not a sore loser; just a person who doesn't accept injustice, discrimination, and prejudice. I didn't agree with the appointment of Bush to his first term. (Most dems didn't.) It seems like the DNC did the same thing that the supreme court did. In my opinion, neither ruling is acceptable.

That being said, I fully support Hillary. I don't support Obama. If she were the VP with additional duties, I would vote for her in Nov. If not...I don't know if I wouldn't vote or vote for McCain.

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  21. Dems are idiots

I am attracted to the concept of change and will vote for Obama but I must say after reading posts here, most Dems are idiots and fools. They would rather support McCain and his endorse his policies (pretty much Bush W. for 4 more years) than support Obama, whose stand on issues is in line with HRC. The tone and language used by these HRC militants is pathetic and makes me feel sorry for the Clintons who have to to rely on these morons for votes.

I support Obama, could care less about Dems and Dem voters!

June 23, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  22. Supporter

Obama supporters still think that us Clinton supporters are still upset about Hillary losing. Why can't they see that we just do not believe the DNC made the right choice ?
    My vote is for Hillary and I can not vote for the one that I really can't trust and I am hoping that the Clinton's don't try to push the issues on us that they were against to begin with

June 23, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  23. I miss Hillary

To those of you who want to punish Obama (and the Democratic Party )because he knocked Hillary out I suggest you read his book "Dreams from My Father" to get an idea of what kind of guy he is.

June 23, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  24. What if?

RE: Cheryl L. Swaim June 23rd, 2008 1:57 pm ET
    I guess using the race card is a two way street. Just saying for the last few days that's all I have read about Obama, he only play the race card. Even when Hillary was campaigning you could hear boo's and chasitise in regard to just her mentioning Obama's name. I agree, this should be stated both ways. Shame on him for being born a biracial man. Shame on his audacity.

What a RACIAL and GENDER unequal people we ALL can be.

June 23, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  25. Jim

The "Diehard" Hillary supporters are at work now. This is another Republican distraction to discourage unity we will finally have come Friday. I can see evidence of republican staffer using talking points like this on BLOGS to discourage our unity.

Real Democrats stick with their party and follow the true leader. In this case Obama is now the leader of our party and 90% before October will be following him.

Sorry Republicans-NOT THIS TIME!
    Obama08