June 23rd, 2008

McCain says band-aids the result of hitting car roof

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/23/art.mccainbandaid.cnn.jpg caption=" McCain said Monday he hit his head on the roof of a car during his recent trip to Canada."](CNN) – John McCain hit the campaign trail Monday with two band-aids on the top of his head, leading a reporter to ask the Arizona senator why he was wearing them.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee, who has battled skin cancer in the past, said the band-aids were merely a result of hitting his head on the roof of a car.

“I was getting out of the car in Canada and I hit the roof a tiny bit, and the car was much smaller than the one I'm usually being ferried around in by the beloved Secret Service."

"It was a brush with a low hanging door," McCain also said.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. Adam

McPain

June 23, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  2. MD FOR OBAMA

Canada?! I guess he couldn't afford his prescriptions either.

June 23, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  3. Marq

Seems like he's bumped his head many times before his trip to Canada, considering all of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

June 23, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  4. Preston

Well, was it the roof, or the door? Which is it, John, or can't you remember?

June 23, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  5. Blame Bush

Bush pushed him out of the car.

June 23, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. Sam

I'm 6'5" tall and drive a Ford FOCUS but never hit my head....
    ...oh, yeah and i'm 29 yo

June 23, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  7. Brian for a Patriot

He will probably forget more from a bump to his head than Barack knows about keeping this country safe.

Go McCain.

At least you have the courage to Debate and you at least have the courage of being forthright with solutions, all Barack does is point the finger at everybody else and tax, tax, tax and tax us more.

Barack just because you are a Democrat in a Democrat year, doesn't mean you can't go through the interview process. Step up to the plate and let us know how radical and how liberal you are during a Debate.

I thought you were too frightened to debate. Why, because you know your solutions won't fly with the American people, so just be cowardly and hope nobody realizes that you are running on a platform of nothing, but just saying we need change we can believe in. How can we believ in anything from you when you can't keep your word and you won't debate. You are too weak to be President.

I thought this was the land of the Brave, expecially their President.

June 23, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  8. Lynn

I think everyone has hit their head on a car roof. Not a story.

June 23, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  9. Capt. Smash, Salt Lake City, Utah

If he would have stayed in America and quit supporting NAFTA it woulld not have happen!

McNAFTA; giving American jobs away.

June 23, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  10. Seth in Jacksonville, FL

His age really is a valid concern. What if he croaks while in office? What if he's hampered by radiation treatments and chemo-therapy?

Something to consider. A harsh reality.

June 23, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  11. Mary In AL

Which one is it? The roof or the door? Or maybe recurring skin lesions?

June 23, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  12. PRinNJ

Maybe Sen McCain needs a "safety wig".

June 23, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  13. Laura

I'm remembering when George Bush choked on a pretzel a while back!! John McSame = George Bush!

June 23, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  14. Bill, Streamwood, IL

That temper of his ....

You would think that maybe by now his campaign staff would know not to give Senator McCain bad news when he is in small enclosed spaces.

June 23, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  15. Ray Victory

Not news ....

No Comment ....

Hold the Hate Please....

June 23, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  16. Ken in LA

okay?

June 23, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. Mary

My Bandaids?

Do you people still want to discuss my plans to fix the economy?

June 23, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  18. Brian from Texas

Cant get out of a car, cant get us out of Iraq.
    Except the wounds left from Iraq will take more than a couple of band-aids.

June 23, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  19. Russell Hammond

"John McGoo"

June 23, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  20. Crush Rush

Johns ok.He just doesnt have clue.He was a good guy before the neocons put a chip in his head.He may have had the old one replaced,lets see if we notice a difference.

June 23, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  21. Billy Pilgrim

Disclose your medical records now, Senator McCain. And by disclose, I mean more than just for three hours to a select group of reporters. Make them public record. We have the right to know the status of your health if you want us to elect you President of the United States.

June 23, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  22. Annick, Washington DC

What would he look like if he get the 300 million dollars car he is requesting for? A walking mummy?

June 23, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  23. Phil-Little Rock

He hit his car roof when he found out gas was more than his wife's beer.

June 23, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  24. Young American

I am sorry to say this...but I don't know that I believe this story, or McCain reasoning rather. Call me a cynic...

Seems that if this were another skin cancer scare, might reintroduce McCains health issues back into the media, which I am sure their camp would like to avoid.

June 23, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |