June 23rd, 2008

McCain says band-aids the result of hitting car roof

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/23/art.mccainbandaid.cnn.jpg caption=" McCain said Monday he hit his head on the roof of a car during his recent trip to Canada."](CNN) – John McCain hit the campaign trail Monday with two band-aids on the top of his head, leading a reporter to ask the Arizona senator why he was wearing them.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee, who has battled skin cancer in the past, said the band-aids were merely a result of hitting his head on the roof of a car.

“I was getting out of the car in Canada and I hit the roof a tiny bit, and the car was much smaller than the one I'm usually being ferried around in by the beloved Secret Service."

"It was a brush with a low hanging door," McCain also said.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. Jessica, MI

to Brian for a Patriot:

First, when did Obama ever refuse to debate McCain? The only thing I recall is Obama's campaign rebuffing the McCain attempt to force them into 10 scheduled town hall appearances. Is that what you're referring to?

Secondly, if you think that McCain is a true "patriot" and, more importantly, the policies he represents (i.e. the ones we've seen for the last 8 years) are "patriotic", then you, my friend (as McC would say) have forgotten what America used to stand for, and the ideals it was founded upon.

June 23, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  2. charles

fishy grandpa like most people lm not buying it. come clean grandpa we will accept honest answer than later to findout u were taking us for a ride.

June 23, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  3. Tired of W, OH

Geez, "Brian for a Patriot", just relax... Obama just beat Hillary about 3 weeks ago and there's still plenty of time to debate. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Obama will debate McBush. Don't you worry about it.

June 23, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  4. R

If being 65 years old, means you SHOULD retire, and are eligible for Social Security payments, why is this guy running for the most time consuming, health deteriorating job in the world? My wife's dad said he doesn't like Obama, but won't vote for Mccain because he looks "too old" and my father in law is almost 80! Watch out my fellow progressives, the October surprise might be the GOP nominating someone else, to start a media frenzy, more attention just might be more votes for the re-pukes.

June 23, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  5. Tyler

It's fitting since all of his proposals are band-aid solutions.

June 23, 2008 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  6. Loretta from California

I hope that he will recover from his injury.

June 23, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  7. Uncle Fester

Were they purple bandaids?

June 23, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  8. TESAP

WHO IN THE WORLD PUTS BAND-AIDS ON THE TOP OF THEIR HEAD ??? 🙁

June 23, 2008 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  9. Helene

Judas Lieberman should have been helping him go in and out of the car. Where was he ?

June 23, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  10. Lovely in VA

Brian for a Patriot –
    Our next president will get around to debating MrClumsy, but he will do it when he feels like it, not when JM decides. JM knows this, he's just putting it out there. The nominees haven't even been officially named, so cool your jets. Believe me, we are ALL waiting for it just as much as you!

So was it a door or a roof?? Hum...smells a little fishy to me but no surprise. My great-granny did the same thing once.... only she didn't have to wear bandaids, that must have been some gashes there....Hummmm.....

June 23, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  11. Peter of Oregon

I don't believe him. I think he bumped his head when his Straight Talk Express ran off its tracks. He hasn't been quite the same McCain since he secured the Republican Nomination.

June 23, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  12. MD in GA

Not a McCain supporter but I hope he's ok and it's really just what he says it is. Be well sir..

June 23, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  13. Ilona Proud Canadian

McCain.....

"I was getting out of the car in Canada and I hit the roof a tiny bit"

"It was a brush with a low hanging door"

Folks can you see anything wrong with the above statements?

First... One Statement Contradicts The Other..

Was it the Roof or was it the Door? Also with McCain's height being what it is, I would think that it would be all but impossible for McCain to bang his head on the roof of ANY car, then again just maybe, he tried to WALK out of the car?

June 23, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  14. Michelle

CNN, why is this article even posted?

To encourage snide remarks from children?

June 23, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  15. JK

He is loosing his bearings.

June 23, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  16. Concerned America

Manuvering in and out of a car is about as difficult as eating a pretzel.
    Repubes, get it together!

June 23, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  17. Mimi De La Cruz for OBAMA

R-MCBUSH IS NOT 65!!!!

HE IS 72, CLOSER TO 75.

June 23, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  18. Gina - Lancaster, PA

Come on, McCain. I mean, I'm sorry you bumped your head and all. But why not just wear your now-famous "NAVY" hat and avoid the jokes. Let's move on.

June 23, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  19. AntiBrenda

YA RIGHT !
    John you need to be somewhere in Arizona's retirement homes resting peacefully with your age mates instead of all this trouble you are going thru for nothing. No sensible American will vote for you sir!

June 23, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  20. Kenneth M

DISTRACTION! WHAT ABOUT OFF SHORE DRILLING.

June 23, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  21. Ilona Proud Canadian

Oh My Gosh!!!!

I just just thought of a possible explanation for McCain's visit to Canada!!

Do you think that he visited Canada in order to have surgery on his head for biopsy purposes? This is very plausible. We all know that if he had to have surgery, and he had the procedure done in the US, it would be all over, that he was not being truthful about previously disclosed medical records. I really find it hard to believe, that McCain hit his head hard enough on the roof of ANY car, to necessitate two strips of band aid.

June 23, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  22. NY FEMALE SAYS MAC IS WACK!!!!!!!!!!

Go away and get well! You've had one too many bumps on the head. You already can't remember who our dear service people are fighting or why and you can't remember why they deserve a GI bill like the one that you had. Go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 23, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  23. CINDY HIT HIM!!!

CINDY DID IT!!!!!!

June 23, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  24. Bishop

If he's NOT more careful, he might not make it to NOV....

June 23, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  25. Frantz (Atlanta)

Too easy! Let this one go people.

June 23, 2008 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |