June 23rd, 2008

McCain says band-aids the result of hitting car roof

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/23/art.mccainbandaid.cnn.jpg caption=" McCain said Monday he hit his head on the roof of a car during his recent trip to Canada."](CNN) – John McCain hit the campaign trail Monday with two band-aids on the top of his head, leading a reporter to ask the Arizona senator why he was wearing them.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee, who has battled skin cancer in the past, said the band-aids were merely a result of hitting his head on the roof of a car.

"It was a brush with a low hanging door," McCain also said.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. Dusacre

Rea,

FYI; “I was getting out of the car in Canada and I hit the roof a tiny bit, and the car was much smaller than the one I'm usually being ferried around in by the beloved Secret Service."

It is not about obama

Get well soon Grandpa McCain, you should have been president in 2000, but Bush and the republicans did you in. Now you are just too old and too sick for the job. We still love you grandpa!

June 23, 2008 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  2. The Guy

Low hanging door...

DeLorean's have low hanging doors.

John McCain has a TIME MACHINE.

June 23, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  3. Ardnuas

Please DON'T vote for this man....... PLEASE
    HE has voted with George Bush 95% of the time.

June 23, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  4. Alex

I like that new "McPain" term 😀 hehe

June 23, 2008 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  5. CLINTON 08 VP

TO MCCAIN: TOO MUCH VIETNAM IS WHAT MAKES YOU TOO MUCH IGNORANT TO BE PRESIDENT FOR LOSING TO MANY BRAIN CELLS WHILE YOU WERE A PRISONER, PRETTY MUCH LIKE YOUR DADDY BUSH ONLY THAT I THINK THAT HE WAS BORN WITH ONLY A FEW BRAIN CELLS… THE POINT IS THAT YOU CAN'T BE PRESIDENT BECAUSE YOU'RE WAR-SICK AND THAT MAKES YOU THINK ONLY ON WAR, DEATH, WAR, WAR, WARWARWARWAR…

AND NOW THE HEAD BUMP, THERE GOES MORE BRAIN CELLS...

June 23, 2008 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  6. Enlightened Voter

Who cares? You sold your soul to the devil and you are sub human john mcwar.

June 23, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  7. Oregon calling

Are we suppose to be paying attention to the REAL issues or the ones that are being fabricated? No more warmongering Please!

Obama / DeFazio 08
    (hey a person can dream, can't they)

June 23, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  8. pam Eugene OR

He was out of the country. I can't help but wonder if his skin cancer is back. I sure don't buy his story. Please be honest with us McCain.

June 23, 2008 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  9. dm

Ha ha ha ha
    ha ha

June 23, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  10. Deanie, MI

God bless him, I hope it wasn't anything more serious.

Obama 08

June 23, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  11. Gabby for obama

Mccain needs to take a trip with spongebob squarepants to weenie hut general for his boo-boo

He is one year older than my mom, who answers the remote instead of the phone...so you decide...how about someone more in touch with the youth of this country, hmm...someone like barack!!

OBAMA '08

June 23, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  12. not buying it

How do you hit the top center of your head on the car roof, or worse, a "low-hanging car door" ??

Bookmark this report. McCain is hiding something here. And he'll get busted sometime soon, and he'll say he didn't say what he said.

June 23, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  13. DAREN IN MIAMI

LOL, you guys are funny!!!! McPain hahahahah gotta luv it

June 23, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  14. Bulldog

Why should anyone believe John McCon with all his lies about oil and gas and renewable energy. He pays advisors who have had a direct connection with Enron and the extreme rise in oil and gas prices.

June 23, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  15. Michelle, CA

Those low hanging doors will get you everytime.

June 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  16. Eddie G

Let me just say that McCain is a pandering fool.

June 23, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  17. Gene

Hey, I got a mosquito bite... I can't believe CNN hasn't done a story on that! I'm offended!

Ok... seriously... I'm sure there are more important things to report than the fact that McCain is wearing a band-aid

June 23, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  18. amtFresno,CA

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!!

June 23, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  19. @everyamericans

bad "head day" for McBush.

June 23, 2008 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  20. Marti, Plano, TX

My dad had melanoma on his head and, when new growths appeared and were removed, the surgical sites were covered with small band-aids like the ones John McCain is sporting.

June 23, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  21. J Kay - KCMO

Perhaps McPain needed to test the Canadian Healthcare System!!! Curious what his co-pay was.

June 23, 2008 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  22. Jaime

And at that point that's when he came up with the flex capacitor which still doesn't make Canadians voting for McCain possible....

June 23, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  23. Dillon

Why would he lie? Give him the benefit of the doubt. He got into a low hanging car and bruised his head. Enough said.

June 23, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  24. Max

So much for a game of pickup basketball between the two candidates.

June 23, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  25. DT

Hey, McCain served his country honorably, leave him alone.

June 23, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |