June 27th, 2008

Crowley: A picture-perfect day in Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/30/art.crowley.jpg caption="CNN's Candy Crowley."]
UNITY, New Hampshire (CNN) - The day began with a kiss.

Sen. Barack Obama, on the tarmac at Reagan Washington National Airport, reached out to shake Sen. Hillary Clinton's hand and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

It went on from there. Wearing a tie that matched her suit, he put his hand on her back, guiding the way up the plane steps.

They sat side-by-side for the flight up to Manchester, New Hampshire, chatting amiably. One overheard conversation was about the plane. Clinton had used it during the primary season.

They hopped on a souped-up bus for the 1½-hour ride to Unity, New Hampshire.

The honorary mayor of Unity introduced the pair, admitting that he was a Republican who voted for John McCain in the primary. He didn't seem so sure about the general election.

They walked onstage to the tune of "Beautiful Day."

Arms around each other's waist, they smiled and waved at the crowd.

Full Story

1. Darth Vadik, CA

Look I'm glad that Hillary is pulling for Obama and I love her,

but some of you Hillary supporters are ridiculous.

NAME ONE SPECIFIC THING THAT OBAMA DID TO HILLARY

JUST ONE,

OH YOU CANT

I can name you 45 things she did to him, well her camp,

Oh he's a liar and a muslim with a crazy christian preacher (as if being a muslim is a crime, hey quarter of the word are, more than any singular christian faith, wake up)

But he's a liar.
    Lied about what?
    Oh you don't rember, he's just a liar because you say so.

Stop making up excuses for your bigotry,
    at least George Carlin was honest (RIP good man),
    why don't you try to be?

June 27, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  2. California Voter

Obama/Clinton 08

June 27, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  3. Anne Chovies

Anyone who thinks that McCain is just four more years of Bush isn't paying attention. Obama talks about change but his record shows he will be just more of ths status quo. Coupling Obama with Clinton is just plain scary. Talk about a step backward! If you really want a change, a responsible change, McCain is the one. He's the only one with the courage to address the country's problems. The rest are just on a power trip.

June 27, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  4. Roger

I'm reminded of the poetic words of Alanis Morisette.

Isn't it a ironic, don't you think?

A little too, ironic.

Yeah I really do think.

It's like rain on your wedding day.

It's a free ride, when you already paid.

June 27, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  5. Peter of Oregon

And on that glorious day... the sky opened up... and everything will be ok.

June 27, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  6. Roger

Actually McCain is a change. He's not your average republican candidate. He's a good man.

June 27, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  7. Darth Vadik, CA

Hey did you guys know (and please do some reaserch into this, its an"exiting" and "facinating story)

that one of the leading VP choices for McCain, the Jindel guy, tried to perform exorcism on his girlfriend in college, she finnaly had to escape.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

June 27, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  8. vic nashville,Tn

If Hillary is not in the ticket Democratic party Never get my vote until another Clinton run for the office

June 27, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  9. Pat in Cali

Clinton is the only one who knows exactly what Obama is trying to accomplish for this country. They make a great team.

Obama/Clinton '08 & '12

June 27, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  10. sacto joe

BEWARE!!!
    A lot of NEOCONS posing as Clinton or Obama supporters are posting hate mail. They're trying to drive a wedge between us!
    RESIST THE NEOCON HATE MACHINE!

June 27, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |
  11. Isaac

Speaking as somebody who grew up not more than a few miles away from Unity, NH the fact that Obama and Clinton chose that place out of all others to start working together is, for lack of a better word, surreal. There really isn't much of anything to speak of for that town other than Will's Store, the elementary school, an old mica mine, and the black fly swarmed, leech filled Crescent Lake. Surreal.

June 27, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  12. JustADude

Is just the begining healing takes time but make no mistake by next month they will take on the Republicans full force. His organizational skills and her tanacity combined.......wow I feel sorry for John McCain they will give him hell.

June 27, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  13. Phil, FL

McCain is out of touch with the people and the country's issues. He's a coddled man with his wife's millions and his family history. And NOT a war hero.

Obama 08

June 27, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  14. Jeannie Pepper

From Candy Crowley .... " A few others, older women, stubbornly held up tattered Hillary For President placards."

It's time to show this bitter, Ferraro-clones the door....

June 27, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  15. Brandon Hillary Democrat for Mc Cain

I admit it, I am a republican who cant stand Hillary. Acrtually, I love Barack and never wanted Hillary. I just wanted to see how many posts I could get away with before you all figured me out. So there you have it.
    Joke's on you

Obama '08

June 27, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  16. CE

For those who tell me, a woman, that I have to vote for Obama to have my rights protected as a woman, I say NO.

Did you notice how the Democratic Party treated Senator Clinton? How could the Republican Party be any more sexist or degrading to one of our most intelligent, dedicated public servants, than what the Democrats have already done?

Did you notice how the media treated Senator Clinton? How will that be any worse if I vote for a Republican?

Where was the Democratic Party when women were making less in wages than men for the same work?

I don't blame the Democratic Party for all these injustices but to imply that if a woman supports McCain for President that she is giving up her rights is ludicrous.

I am standing up for my right to choose – however, this time it is my right to choose the candidate of my party for the Presidential election. That was taken from me by the Democratic Party and I will not tolerate their treatment.

I am a woman. I am a Democrat. I will vote for the most qualified person on the ticket this fall for President. If Senator Clinton is not at the top of the ticket, then my next choice will be Senator McCain.

June 27, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  17. Go Obama

McBush coupled with the idea of change is a really funny thought. It would be nice if McBush could at least use a computer.

June 27, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  18. Pat

McCain for Responsible Change! What a laugh! McCain has the courage to address the country's problems! Hysterical! How has Bush brought change over the past 7plus years? How has Bush addressed the country's problems? No not Iraq's, America's! What did Bush do for America's Economy? Oh yeah, put it into a recession. What did Bush do to ensure all American's had adequate Health Care? Oh yeah, ZILCH. What did Bush do to ensure America's Maimed and seriously injured military members received adequate care? Oh yeah, housed them in an ill equipped, ill staffed, mold infested, falling down Veteran's Hospital! What did Bush do to save American's tax dollars? Oh yeah, increased spending on the Iraq War and increased the China Debt! And let's not even mention Bush and the current price of Gas!

Let's see, McCain was Bush's most loyal Supporter during his Presidential Campaign. Even McCain's mother attested to the fact that John worked his heart out for Bush and never got even a Thank You.
    Lets' see McCain voted YES on all Bill's George brought to the House.
    Let's see who has the same principles, strategies, and plans for the Iraq War as George? Oh Yeah, John McCain! Let's See, Who was and is Bush's Biggest Supporter in the House, John McCain! Who did Bush travel with and Support during the Presidential Campaign, John McCain.

Twin brains, identical mindsets and ideologies, low IQ's, economic dim wits, Elitist Health Care Plans, Re-instatement of the Draft, a Desire to maintain troops in Iraq for as long as it takes, a desire to take on Iran if necessary, and no clue as to how to solve the Mortgage Problems DOES NOT RESPONSIBLE Change Bring! Only an idiot could vote for McCain and expect Responsible and Positive Change!
    Republican equals Disaster.

June 27, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  19. Ilona Proud Canadian

I am absolutely amazed, by this continuous bickering of the Hillary Clinton supporters, who with threats, keep posting that they WILL BE VOTING FOR McCAIN!

Guess what folks? I don't believe most of these voters! I think that the female voters who are hell bent to throw their Country to the dogs, are WOMEN WHO VOTED FOR A WOMAN (NOT FOR HILLARY) and there is very little that anyone can do to change these disgruntled women's mindset. So please let the honest voters move on!

It is now DEMOCRATS AGAINST McCAIN