June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. Jo

Great rally and a good beginning of the general election campaign. If this was an audition for vp, Senator Clinton certainly won the part. I cannot think of any other democrat who can more convincingly support the election of a democratic president this year. She gives a good speech and no one more believes in the changes that are needed in the country than Hillary Clinton. She has preached it for the primary campaign and she is a firm believer. She is committed and determined and she has not only the courage of her convictions but has proved her loyalty over the years that she will have the courage of his convictions. You would have the two most popular democrats on the ticket and would be unstoppable for November

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  2. Michel Hollmen

I am energized even more than ever to make sure that the Democrats are running this country in January of 2009. Hillary seemed more natural and at ease in Unity NH this day. I have been for Obama since early on. If I had seen this side of her during the primary season it would have been a much more difficult choice.

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  3. Ex-mod-GOP for Obama

Let's keep this up. I think it would be wise - and not just for political reasons - for Obama to consider Clinton for a top-level post in his administration. The bottom line is she can get things done.

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  4. Abby

Hill looks fantastic.

Yes.We.Can.

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  5. Latigo

This "sweet little romance" shows you how dedicated Clinton is to her ideals and how easily she can climb in bed with an opponent who treated her is a sexist way during the primary. I don't trust either one of them.

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  6. I am let down

I heard every word that Mr. Obama just said in this speach. However I heard nothing, I heard him state all the "choices" in this election. However heard no information on how he plans to do anything. Why does this man never explain how he plans to do the things he says he will do, Just the result? We are to just take him at his word, that the result will happen and not know HOW??? I was an Obama supporter however I can't say now that I am going to vote for either man. Mr. McCain at least will talk to people and EXPLAIN what he has in mind. Additionally I am really starting to see the diffrence between Mr. McCain and Mr. Bush.

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  7. Travis

This Unity meeting.....IT WAS AWESOME

I'm an Obama supporter, but I must say...what \ Hillary said was more than I can asked for.

She was AWESOME

Vote the Democratic in all you PUMA'S...we need to win;

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  8. kathy in ohio

god are we missing out on a great leader not electing hillary , obama could not even make a speach without reading his notes. well i was one holding back the tears. was anyone else?

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  9. MB

KJ, GA June 27th, 2008 2:05 pm ET

Well, that's just great. I'm loving this. They do make a powerful team. Initially, I didn't like the idea of Clinton as VP but this could work well, she's warming up on me after her negativity in the campaign. I'm liking what's going on, let's hope it continues…

Obama/ Clinton '08 and '12!!!

I am with you..I think that duo would kick some butt.

June 27, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  10. Fella from Chicago

So he's no longer an elitist and she's no longer Annie Oakley packing a six-shooter? We're all getting along in Unity N.H. Ah politics, ain't it grand. Politicians both. Nothings changed, nothings going to change. Then again maybe Barack will introduce good old Chicago politics to the White House. He can start off by pardoning his buddy Rezko. Let the good times roll.

June 27, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  11. demwit

Bob the Builder!
    Can we build it?

Bob the Builder!
    Yes we can!!

June 27, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  12. Kareem from Hampton VA

That rally was awesome! I still dont agree with the Hillary for Veep only because that position has no power and will handcuff Hillary but if she wants it Im all for it! They are good together and just their primary votes alone will win the election!

June 27, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  13. ash

Oh my oh my, they both called each other the worst of the names, and they are best friends. Is there something called "Self Respect" in their dictionary. This is how McCain is different from both of these. Democrats are most probably going to take the white house, but the fact is it will not make a difference, and people can blame George W all they want, the excesses started under Clinton and George W had to pay for it. This is what happens when Media is so excessively democratic biased.

By the way Miss Clinton, with that 20 million that you are asking from people, we could take that same 20 million and feed 2 million children for a year, oh I am sorry, but your high standard of living is rather more important than those 2 million children.

June 27, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  14. andy

whatever ! latinos for McCain 🙂

June 27, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  15. MCR

The DNC has too many problems to give Obama a win. Go, McCain.

June 27, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  16. Beverly Wilkins

I am proud to see that they have finally come together.

Obama/Kaine 08!

June 27, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  17. Marc

Sorry this HRC supporter won't be voting for BHO after the way his campaign and supporters viciously attached her day in day out. Now you want our help??? Forget it. Take your candidate and his sleazy tactics back to Chicago.

PUMA

June 27, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  18. Jim, SC

Sorry, Hillary, I'm still not voting for him.

Jim
    A non-racist black male Democrat in the south

June 27, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  19. Bayou Joe

The name is John Sydney McCain and he will be our next president, not Barak Hussein Obama. If all you idiots can do is insult Senator McCain and mispell his name you are really grasping at straws.

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  20. Grant

THIS WOULD BE A LOT MORE PERSUASIVE IF OBAMA WASN'T PAYING OFF HILLARY'S DEBT. WE ALL KNOW THE CLINTONS WILL SAY ANYTHING FOR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  21. The US abolishes century old clinton dynasty

dont trust the clintons while she might be there next to Obama

remember

"this is personal,"
    "June is not over..
    she and bill are two sneaky snakes

but hey
    she will make sure that if not her, then McBush,,
    she is a LIAR

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  22. Cathy in MD

He needs her to fix the damage she’s done to the party. She needs him to make her relevant and help pay off her campaign debt. His motives are for the greater good. Her motives, I suspect, are not.

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  23. Patrick

Sorry No Clinton VP = McCain 08

Out your actions where your mouth is Obama...Unity is easy just put CLinton on the ticket.

A divided Democratic Primary has always resulted in a loss in the GE when the winner dosen't pick the runner Up as VP!

So Obama if you lose and dont pick Clinton as VP, you will have no one to blame but yourself

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  24. CHI-TOWN MIKE

WAY TO GO GUYS! Lets unify and win! Lets solve some of these problems cause by the Bush Administration and get back the Respect of the free world.

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  25. KenB, Michigan

I know a good writer that has a story for Will and Jada's production company.

oh oh oh off comment heheheheh.

Show of Unity: OUTSTANDING!!!

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |