June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. David Goldman for OBAMA

UNITY IS KEY TO WINNING BACK THE WHITE HOUSE.

LACK OF IT ACCOUNTS FOR DEMOCRATS

LOSING 7 OUT OF 10 TIMES.

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  2. Andrea- Baltimore

I saw the whole thing, it was wonderful, it was america at her best , only a few months to go, so let the game begans....now watch the talking heads pull it a part..

Obama/clinot 08

June 27, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  3. Ed, Santa Fe NM

Why doesn't the old hag just go do her job in the senate? I'm sick to death of CLINTONS

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  4. Mike, Syracuse, NY

Now she rocks? A month ago she was calling him 'elitist' and he was calling her 'Annie Oakley'.

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  5. TD-Texas

Beautiful day....

Obama 2008 AND 2012

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  6. Sue Abraham

She is very very good as usual, he is irrugant ,he keep looking to the people ,wave and smile while she was speaking ,he is suppose to listne to her or at least act.I love you hillary ,but please dont ask me to vote for him,i cant ,his wife said before that she cant vote for you ,me too i cant vote for him .he said before { i sure her supporters will come to me but my supporters wouldnt go to her } you are very wrong about us ,now drink from the same hate you was givin to your supporters.

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  7. HELEN-NC

God, I am so sick of seeing that Blue Suit. Anyway...I don't believe Hillary for one moment. Too much damage done during the primary season.

I will vote for Sen Obama ONLY IF HILLARY IS NOT ON THE TICKET. If she is his VP choice then he becomes a liar in my eyes. Politics or no politics. I take a man & woman at their WORD.

Good bye Hillary...you are a FAKE SNAKE

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  8. A Believer

Seeing Senators Obama and Clinton onstage together made me, as a young woman, burst with pride. So many boundaries have fallen in this race. Let us put aside our differences (they are generally so small), and look to the future. Both Obama and Clinton are forward thinking politicians who are amazingly in touch with what America needs today. Let's not allow neo-con smears and rhetoric color what we really know Obama can do. We know that Obama is a change on many, many levels. Let him be the change we so desperately need. Staying the course has gotten us to this point – a crippled dollar, a banking industry with no regulations, foreign dependance on oil killing us at the pump. Let us remember that this is what 8 years of "staying the course" can do.
    We need change.

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  9. Cynthia

Go Democrats! Hopefully, those pretending to be Hilliary supporters but are really Republicans in disguise will let us enjoy this unity for a while.

June 27, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  10. disgusted

Gaaaag..... I am a Hillary supporter, never did like Obama.

Can't vote for the creep. Sorry Hill.

PUMA.
    McCain '08 for Clinton '12

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  11. Coastal Paradise

If you missed the rally, you REALLY missed it! There is chemistry and power with these two together! The change we all need and want wont happen overnight but I do believe it will happen on an intelligent, well planned path! They are both a blessing and we would be fools not to accept the blessing for ourselves!

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  12. M.S. Indiana

Thats the way to do it Obama and Hillary....

No country for old men !!!!

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  13. Chuck

PUMA!!!!

I'm still not drinking the Kool Aid!!!!

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  14. kelly WI

Another phoney show. They won't unite anything.
    Maybe the kids should read some adult sites.

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  15. Big Thinker

If I were Barack Obama... I would run what is called a BLITZ or a FULL COURT PRESS on McCain. I would take Hillary, Bill, and Oprah on a state by state tour where they can take turns either holding the big rally or having the more intimate setting with voters. In Florida for example, you could have Obama in Jacksonville, Bill in some senior citizens home, Hillary can tear it up in Miami, while Oprah gets some excitement in Orlando. THEY CAN PULL OF A STRATEGY LIKE THIS IN EVERY STATE. THERE IS NO WAY THAT MCSAME CAN MATCH THIS KIND OF ENTHUSIASM. LETS NOT JUST TRY TO BEAT MCCAIN.... LETS STEAMROLL THE OLD MAN!!!!

OBAMA/BILLARY 08!!!!

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  16. kwame

i hated clinton but i think they look goooooood together .imagine this is a ticket poster.OBAMA / CLINTON 08.hitstory.
    OMG: i forgot im republican. i take that back every one.was just joking.

June 27, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  17. David

Can Hillary Clinton win reelection in New York for the US Senate (2012) w/out the African-American vote? I think that issue factors into her current support for Barack Obama.

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  18. 58 old white ladies for OBAMA

WE NEED TO HAVE A DEMOCRAT ELECTED

FOR THE NEXT 16 YEARS AT MINIMUM, IF WE

WANT PEACE, PROSPERITY & PROGRESS.

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  19. Kathryn Irby - Metairie, LA

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  20. Cate, nh

Good grief, they look like they're posing for pictures at an over 40 prom!

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  21. Pumas aren't Democrats, So Stop Using OUR Good Name

I appauled Senator Clinton's help. However, NO CLINTON ON THAT TICKET! I mean its nice now, and its good to have her support, but its a bad idea. Not just because of the things she said during the primary but the Republicans will come out in DROVES against the Clintons. Not to mention, some of the scandals the Clintons may be involved in. Obama needs someone with foreign policy experience and Clinton isn't on the top of that list. Sorry, but I do want to win and I don't see it with Clinton on the ticket. But I do (even though I don't particularly care for her behavior) wish her all the luck in the world with whatever she wants to pursue.

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  22. Beverly

FINALLY, UNITY!!!

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  23. Enlightened Voter

I'm trying to like her but i just can't. She wore me out during the primaries with her lies, divisiveness, misspeaks, debt ridden campaign.

June 27, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  24. Karen T.

Go America!

Obama and Hillary campaigning together is awesome!
    Unity is power!!

McSame be very, very afraid!

Obama 2008-2016

June 27, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  25. vic nashville,Tn

Great Day
    To :- All the pundits who were attacking Hillary
    Never ever underestimate Clintons
    Hillary we will be there for you

June 27, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |