June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. Peter E

You know how to anger Obama supporters the most? Have Hillary campaign for him. All their predictions of "she'll have the party go down with her" and "she'll make a scene at the Convention" will be disproven.

But then again some of them will interpret even these gestures as somehow evil and selfish on her part...

June 27, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  2. Carmen

this is too painful to watch, I love you Hillary, but No Obama....

Go McCain 08 and Hillary "12"

June 27, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  3. Fernando

I am a die-hard supporter of Hillary Clinton and I am still healing my wounds from the primaries... but I have to admit that this a BEAUTIFUL picture...

This shows that Democrats are united and ready to kick Bush out of the White House for good !

This is the first time I am going to say this: OBAMA'08 !!

June 27, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  4. Brian from Fort Mill, S.C.

She should lose Bill, and marry Barack.

That way she could be First Lady again! 🙂

June 27, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  5. Barackafella

Lets get it together. McCain is toast. Maybe he can win over America if he keeps doing the robot! lol

June 27, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  6. PC

McCain is not the man to take us through these uncertain and unhappy times. No matter how much the media portrays McCain as a maverick and a centrist, he is beholden to the same interests as Bush. If Obama is elected, he could create a new democratic coalition which would include significant numbers from all the major demographic groups, i.e., men, women, affluent, poor, black, white. It would rival that of the New Deal coalition built by Franklin Roosevelt.

June 27, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  7. Chut Pata

Let the healing begin!

June 27, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  8. champ

We can now get back our country!!! Go Hillary!! You've proven to be a true player of the game!

June 27, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  9. Annette, Washington, DC

...and off they go, the dynamite duos.

June 27, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  10. Fernando

I almost feel bad for Mccain supporters now.... LOL

Mccain has NO chance !!!

June 27, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  11. Al - NYC

How can you vote for these 2. They just spent over a year telling us why we shouldnt vote for the other.

Bunch of liars... what happened to change?

This is just more of the same garbage!

June 27, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  12. No more fighting. Let's unite!

POST MY COMMENT, CNN. WHy do you post the hateful comments and leave out the nice ones?

New posters:

Beware the FAKE posters in here. The ones with hateful comments designed to incite fighting and division amongst Democrats.

Whether Hillary becomes VP or not, Democrats are uniting, The Republicans posters in here are afraid, and they are resorting to making threats and insulting both candidates in an effort to undermine this unification.

Don't be fooled!

Democrats will vote for Obama this fall, as will many Independents and some Republicans.

June 27, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  13. Sharon Minnesota

Obama and Clinton appear in Unity, New Hampshire:

Sorry, but I just have to get my two cents worth in here on the Obama/Clinton reunion. Hillary stop this madness before you totally ruin your credibility among people who have loved the Clinton's. I'm afraid I just couldn't help myself and (oh my god) I did watch this train wreck happen all over again. Hopefully, it won't go viral on utube! I'm sure that CNN will never quit talking about these two love birds now. AGHHHH

From an ex-democrat who is now firing up for John McCain!

June 27, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  14. Sue

That was amazing! Two very charismatic people on the same page and delivering a knock-out punch. That's what I'm talkin' about.

June 27, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  15. AREYOUFORREAL

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    I am not a Hillary Clinton supporter, but I was very proud of her today.

Go Dems you got to love-em!

June 27, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  16. Chris

That was well done on both sides of the campaign. I did laugh a bit at Hillary's joke "spirited discourse". Overall a very good moment between the two, and if he has to pick her as part of the ticket, I wouldn't be as averse to it as I would have been.

June 27, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  17. Diana in MI

It was wonderful! Democrats, unite! Hillary supportes and Barack supporters, we are on the same team!

June 27, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  18. Hillary now for Barack

I am no longer a member of PUMA and will switch my vote to Barack. I will honor the wishes of the woman that I have supported for so long!

Obama 08

June 27, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  19. Herman in LA

This is the Hillary that we always knew...

Yes We Can...

June 27, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  20. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Oh, how sweet it is to be united as one and who said it couldn't be done. Hillary Clinton is still a great First Lady and understands the importance of Obama being the next president. So to the Republican party that has laid claim on Hillary supporters, sorry, because you won't get them. Democrats, Independents, Obamacons, Conservatives, Libertarians, ALL, we welcome all for the next President, Barack Obama.

June 27, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  21. Michael

It doesn't get much better than this.

June 27, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  22. Vietnam Vet

mcCan't

June 27, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  23. puff

She just wants her money back and then she will run as Independent against this clown and show him what a winner really is.
    Bill and Hill are going to put Nobama away and send him back to Chicago where he belongs.
    He is the one who has divided the democratic party with his racial baiting, arrogance, and all the lies that he has told and will continue to tell.
    Hillary should really stay as far away from him as she can from now on. One appearance is enough.
    Kick him to the curb Hillary, you can do it all on your own.
    PUMA-PAC

June 27, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  24. David Peter

We at the Obama camp really appreciate Senator Clinton's work in rounding up all her crazy liable supporters to vote for him. But she won't get the VP because she is old politics. All is well...

June 27, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  25. JB from NH

MCR – "The DNC has too many problems to give Obama a win. Go, McCain."

Thats right, the Republicans are doing a great job....NOT.

Johnny's toast!