June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. former republican

YES WE CAN OBAMA........

June 27, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  2. The democrats blew it again!

Hillary can urge her supporters all she wants – I'm not for him now or in the future. I'd still vote for her though...

June 27, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  3. Neil

NOBAMA. I would not support this guy unless he puts Clinton on the ticket.

June 27, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  4. the truth is

Their being together does nothing for me. I still do not want Obama. Hillary has no choice if she wants a future in politics but to endorse Obama – however, the voters do not work for the democratic party and WE can do what we want. So, McCain it is.

June 27, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  5. Hillary

They better run together.....there is NO better choice for him than Hillary....
    We love you Hill πŸ™‚ !!!!!!!!!
    She would have been one of the best Presidents this country has ever seen!

June 27, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  6. victor,nj

TO ALL YOU PUMA IDIOTS, IF YOU THINK ENSURING THAT MCCAIN BECOMES THE PRESIDENT WOULD ALLOW CLINTON TO BE PRESIDENT IN 2012, YOU ARE SADLY NAIVE AND IGNORANT. IF OBAMA LOSES, MCCAIN WOULD BE A TWO TERM PRESIDENT AS 18 MILLION OF HIS SUPPORTER WOULD NOT VOTE FOR CLINTON EITHER.

June 27, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  7. D

It's sad to see Hillary forced to do this. She was the candidate that was perfect for this country. Obama brings nothing to the table; Hillary knows this; Republicans know this; I know this. I hope others begin to catch on.

Former Clinton supporter for McCain.

June 27, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  8. LJ in Cypress

As a long time Clinton admirer, and a present-day Obama supporter, it was absolutely heart-warming to see two of my favorite people demonstrate this respect and appreciation for each other.

June 27, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  9. Jim in GA

As a Clinton backer, I for one will NEVER cast my ballot for Obama. The media is trying to down play the reluctance of Hillary supporters to back Obama. It’s all part of a campaign to make them fee left out if they don’t get behind him. The smart ones will figure it out.

CNN – why are you not reporting the results of the new Time Magazine poll? It shows that Obama only has a 4 point lead. Funny how you raised the LA Times and Newsweek polls right up the flag pole once they came out because they gave Obama double digit leads. The one that shows a much tighter races gets swept under the carpet. What a farce.

HEY HILLARY SUPPORTERS – BACK A WAR HERO NOT A TOTAL ZERO

June 27, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  10. Edward

I'd like to write to all of the Obama supporters who hate Hillary: She's human, her campaign made mistakes, and chief among those was underestimating Obama. She never disliked, and neither did Bill, so this isn't suprising that these two would be genuinely frindly with one another. And here's my note to the so-called PUMA pac: get over yourselves! Can you really sit there and say, "If not Hillary, I'll vote McCain."? The simple answer is, no you can't! Because if you answer "yes we can!" then you are just a hypocrite, right?

June 27, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  11. Peter E

So where did all that "she'll continue to campaign" and "will take it to the Convention" and "she'll take the party down with her" and "she's going to be selfish and arogant to the end" go?

Oh, so NOW Hillary is no longer the cause of all evil in this country, now that Obama's campaign needs her?

June 27, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  12. STILL FOR HILL

To Obama Campain:

Please don't call me again. I will not be contributing. I'm still on the fence and I am still waiting to see how many times Obama flip flops before I cast my vote against him. Currently, I have three:

1. Iran a big threat or a little threat
    2. Ban on handguns or No ban on hand guns
    3. Public finance or no public finance

So far, I know who the say or do anything candidate is... and it's Obama.

Plus, McCain is right. We need to be drilling for oil and building more nuclear power plants.. Energy independence is not just an economic problem, it also effects national security.

Was for Hill, now for McCain

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  13. Ian

Obama '08

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  14. disgusted

Yes, DON'T be FOOLED... by Obama and his hateful wife Michelle. I am NOT a republican but I am not a democrat either. I vote for the BEST candidate.

I voted for Hillary and that doesn't mean I'll vote for Obama boy. Get real.

PUMA – we know what happened in the caucuses and with the DNC. We won't forget.

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  15. David in Chicago

Whooohooo!!! Obama and Hilliary!! United!! I DO hope she's on the ticket as VP!! I really do!! But, if not.. I know we must march on to make change!!

To all the Hillary voters, I'm shaking your hand and thanking you so much for unity!! GO UNITY!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Oh, and to those Hillary democrats who are still angry.. and want to vote McCain instead... you stand alone now : /

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  16. Tonybel

Who said the Dem’s will not unite after the primaries? The wounds are definitely healing, and united, they will take back the White House.

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  17. BAMAFALIFE

I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  18. Ohiobo, J From Canada

Together, they will go places. United, they will stand and prevail in November. But, divided they will fall and McCain will prevail in November. The twenty two million dollars question is are both their supporters willing and able to see the big picture? The country needs both of them and their supporters united.

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  19. ls

Obama and Hillary together targeting unity among the American people is going to be very positive, powerful, and exciting to watch.

McCain and his Republican camp mightest-well put their pencils down and take the rest of the summer off.

Go Obama and Hillary !!

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  20. ANOTHER DEMOCRAT FOR MCCAIN

LET THE SPIN BEGIN!

Hillary and Barack were at each others throats and now they want us to believe they're united? Please.

We have already BLOWN this election just like we blew it in 2004 and 2000.

At least McCain is a moderate and I can live with that over the INSANITY of Obama. He is RUINING the Democratic Party and forcing me to vote Republican!!! Gah!!!!

June 27, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  21. jimmy velman

WE ARE NOW MORE CONVINCED THAN EVER THAT HILLARY CLINTON SHOULD BE OBAMA'S VP PICK. HAVE JUST SEEN THE UNITY RALLY IN N.H. TODAY. HILLARY CLINTON WAS TERRIFIC
    OBAMA'S SPEECH WAS NOT AS GOOD AS HILLARY'S, YET OBAMA IN NOT SO SUBTLE WAY HAS RULED HILLARY OUT OF HIS VP CHOICE. NOT BECAUSE OF HILLARY'S CREDENTIALS BUT BECAUSE " WHAT WOULD THEY DO WITH BILL CLINTON?"
    BILL CLINTON WILL STAY IN THE BACKGROUND, BECAUSE HE HAS LEARNED HIS LESSON, HILLARY DID NOT NEED HIM AND CERTAINLY NOT OBAMA. OBAMA'S TEAM IS WHAT IS KEEPINGHILLARY FROM THE VP SPOT AND IT IS BECAUSE OF BILL CLINTON.. OF COURSE THE OBAMA AND HIS TEAM BELIEVE THEY DO NOT NEED HILLARY TO WIN. BILL CLINTON WILL DO WELL TO STAY OUT OF THE CAMPAIGN AND STAY IN EUROPE.OR OUT OF SIGHT AND SOUND. IF HE PROMISED TO DO THAT PERHAPS OBAMA MIGHT RECONSIDER AND PICK HILLARY AS HIS VP. THERE ARE STILL MILLIONS WAITING TO FIND OUT WHICH OF THE WANNABEE VP'S OBAMA AND CAMP WILL CHOOSE.
    HILLARY'S SUPPORTERS IN THE MILLIONS HAVE NOT QUITE MADE UP THEIR MINDS ON OBAMA. ONCE OBAMA'S CAMP MAKE THEIR VP CHOICE. THERE WILL BE A SHUFFLING TO OR FROM OBAMA 'S CAMP OF THE MILLIONS OF HILLARY SUPPORTERS.
    WE ARE VERY CERTAIN OF THAT.

June 27, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  22. DD, New York

They both wore blue because the color blue is known to have a pyschologically calming effect on people! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

June 27, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  23. Clare from Orlando, FL

You two make a good team. For all you people Haters...stop blogging and go over to a different news channel that will work for you. If you don't like CNN...leave.

June 27, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  24. Hillary Backer

She is just doing this stunt to get the debt off of her which Obama should pay for since he made her spend millions for no good reason even thought she was to be the nominee since 2006 when it was determined so.

June 27, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  25. Young African American Male for Hillary

Great speech from Senator Clinton. Affirms why I love that lady so much. Her tenacity and grit and courage baffles me each time. I am slowly warming up to Senator Obama. Maybe time will heal it all but today was a start.

A JOB WELL DONE!!!!