June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. Leroy

Wow! Way to go Hillary! As an Obama supporter I was proud of your graciousness an insults that u waged against McSame and the republicans. U are a great senator an hopefully will become the next great Vice President. Today u changed my mind on that topic and i now hope that he chooses u. United we stand divided we fall!

June 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  2. FRANK

ONLY OBAMA CAN UNITE OUR PARTY!!

IT IS YOUR CHOICE MR. OBAMA , HILLARY FOR VP OR YOU LOOSE!!

R E S P E C T HILLARY SHOULD BE VP!!

UNITED WE WIN DIVIDED WE LOOSE!! I AM A HILLARY SUPORTER WHO WILL NOT SUPORT OBAMA WOTHOUT HILLARY ON THE TICKET, AFTER ALL SHE DID GET MORE VOTES THAN HIM.. STILL NOT SURE HOW IN AMERICA THE PERSON WITH THE LAST VOTES WINS.. FIRST BUSH NOW OBAMA.. HOPE AMERICA DID NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN!! LOOK WE IT GOT US LAST TIME THE PERSON WITH LESS VOTES WON !!

HILLARY FOR VP OR CLINTON DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN.. I ALREDY JOINED CITIZENS FOR MCCAIN !! YOU SHOULD TOO ALWAY GOOD TO HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!! GOOD OF COUNTRY OVER GOOD OF PARTY!!

June 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  3. psittacines

Awesome....they were actually LAUGHING together. She and Bill will be an important part of the new Democratic government and Barack means to use their help in changing America. 🙂

Meanwhile McCain is showing his age and lack of energy by not being able to keep up the campaign on weekends!!! The man does not have enough stamina left to tackle all the problems we face!!!

June 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  4. Hamburgler

It really boggles my mind when people say Obama is not qualified to be president. I think his campaign shows that he is. I mean really, you think Hillary is more qualified? how is that? With the economy being arguably the top issue and looking how she managed her campaign finances, do you really think she is more qualified?

Who do I want to answer the phone a 3 A.M.? I want Obama to answer it...he can afford to pay his phone bill.

June 27, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  5. Joe

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! obama 08

June 27, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  6. Justice League

WONDER TWIN POWERS... ACTIVATE!!

FORM OF A LEADER!

SHAPE OF AN ICE PRINCESS!!

June 27, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  7. Chief lagosboy, NJ

Hillary finally coming around……..priceless. I love the Blue Pant Suit Hillary! Loving it! Congratulation Obama!

Our President Obama 08’ & 12’

June 27, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  8. dgb

if you would vote for mcbush you are not a democrat... so don't even talk about being a "former dem" or a "disillusioned HRC supporter"

June 27, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  9. Obama

AMAZINGGG!! UNITEDDDD ALWAYS!!!
    OBAMA/CLINTON

THey look so amazing!!!

June 27, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  10. Paula Lacey

Hillary is a REAL Democrat, not a deserter. She has staying power and does not flee from her beliefs and principles. She would never desert to the Republican Party. America hopes her supporters have the same values. Obama 08

June 27, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  11. ShayFad

Get lost Karl Grove and Sean Hannity
    We know you blog here with your negative comments!!

YES WE CAN!!!!
    CHANGE WE BELIEVE IN!!!!
    GO Hillary!
    GO OBAMA!!!!!!
    GO OBAMA!!!

June 27, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  12. RUSHSWIFTBOATVETSFOXNEWS

That was a good start for Senator Obama today in Unity, NH he has a long way to go yet and needs to be prepared for the "swift-boating" the ultra-conservative wing of the Republican party will do in the general election that will make the 2004 attacks on Sen. Kerry look like childs play.

June 27, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  13. Dennis

That was great. I was glad to see it. I think Senator Clinton has a home in an Obama administration.

It is inevitable that a Clinton supporter is going to show up and say that Senator Clinton is just doing this to retire her debt, and that she doesn't really support Senator Obama, and that she'll win the presidendcy in 2012. I know it is going to come up, so I'll go ahead and ask. Do you really think that? If you are really a supporter of Senator Clinton, do you really think she would be that deceitful? And if so, would you really want someone like that to be President?

I believe she is sincere. I suspect she is disappointed by the outcome of the primaries. However, she and legions of her supporters have rallied behind Senator Obama. I believe they will help Senator Obama win the presidency.

June 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  14. Peter E

Putting 'Mc' in front of insulting words is neither clever, nor does it make an argument. It's childish and empty. And it sure won't gain you more votes.

June 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  15. CMS

Werent these two just at each others throats a few weeks ago? Now all is OK and Obama has the answer? Change really is the answer. Wow, talk about politics as normal...

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  16. Sam

Sold for $20 million. Still can't figure out what Obama ever did that makes him worth voting for.

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  17. Obama Supporter from FL

This is great! I'm so happy to see them working together. No matter what, one of them had to win and one had to lose (unfortunately), and the loser was going to help campaign for the winner. I'm just really glad to see that they are so dedicated to each other, to success, and to the party! I can't wait until we can take back the White House!

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  18. SASHA

GOD THEY LOOK GOOD.
    I AM A DIE HARD DEMOCRAT.
    GOD HELP US THIS IS OUR TEAM.
    TEAM OBAMA/HILLARY YOU GO GIRL.
    BLUE REALLY LOOK GOOD ON YOU MRS CLINTON.
    OBAMA NEXT TIME YOU WEAR A BLUE SHIRT OK.

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  19. NC Dem Voter

I love Hillary and support what she is trying to do. I love the Democratic party and everything that it stands for but I will NEVER vote for Obama. These democrats that are saying they will vote for him will NOT once they are in the voting booth so America better ready itself for McSame.

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  20. virginia strong

let me tell you brok/ if you donot put hellery as vice president we people of ky are not going to vote for you just not vote some are changing to mc: cain you are going to lose wake up now before to many changing there mine/ put hellery on the ticket as vice present now virginia strong and buy yhe why most people i talked to feeles the same in ohio / wake up /

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  21. Marcia

Sorry, I can not support Senator Obama even with Senator Clinton requesting me to do so. He is a socialist–too far left.

June 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  22. SLIMSISTA

To MCR:

The RNC has more problems then the DNC....their first big problem is finding a candidate that is electable........And it is not John McCain...gotta come better than that.....

OBAMA '08

June 27, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  23. Angel

OBAMA-CLINTON 08 JUST DO IT!!!

June 27, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  24. randy

Well democrats need together and make sure that we lock this come november.

June 27, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  25. Didine - Maryland

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so great to see Barack & Hillary together. I love both speaches. They both call for unity, because we are one people, one nation and the time for change are come. We should all learn from them and all unite for the good of our democratic party.

June 27, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |