June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. JOHN

yukkkk...Hillary don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 27, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  2. Observer in Observing, MI

This man has a gift... He makes Hillary look attractive.

Obama '08

June 27, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  3. Sandy

YES YES YES WE CAN!

June 27, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  4. Lee

"Yes we can!".How cute. They're using the Bob the Builder chant...

June 27, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  5. Living in the USA

How many of those 18M supporters are writing a check to pay off her debt? I have always said if you wanna know if folks love ya get sick or broke. Hiliary just found out who her 18M friends are.

June 27, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  6. xddy4u

I'll be glad when this "unity" thing is over and done with. The more Hillary stay on stage, the more her backers get pi–ed. It's Obama's show. This is Obama's time, the Clinton's had theirs. I'll be glad when Obama and his chosen VP get on the trail, then we can really get this thing on the way.

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  7. Erick FL

Pleeease Barack, pick her as your VP & I respect the fact that it's ur choice to make....I LOOOVE Hilary.
    But no McCain....Barack will win with or without my vote but it's my wish that he picks her as VP.
    DEMOCRATS UNITE :)))

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  8. Sid

Do you notice old lady Obama is nowhere in sight? She is at home, muzzled. Its all a big charade.....makes me sick.

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  9. Venus

What a great day! Great place to unite! Great crowd in Unity!

And...two great people! I love the color themes!

Great speeches by Obama and Hillary!

Let's go Dems!

I loved Hillary's comment about McSame and Bush – two sides of the same coin... that doesn't amount to any change!!! (:

Thank you Hillary and Bill Clinton for joining our team!

Let's go Bam! Need to step it up on McSame!

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  10. Jay

Thank you Senator Clinton. Yes We Can.

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  11. OBAMA/CLINTON 2008

McSame doesn't have a PRAYER!

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  12. velmeezee

Yes I agree that some of these posters must be fake. Of course Hillary said she deserved the presidency, lol. If she didn't feel she deserved it she wouldn't have ran. She wouldn't have let people announce her as the next president of the US. Every presidential candidate should believe with all their heart and soul that they deserve to be president. Next, why would you be so upset and turned off against Barack Obama behind some things his "young supporters" said? As if there weren't the same amount or more of Clinton supporters spewing all kinds of nonsense about Obama. Why weren't you turned off from Clinton because of them?

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  13. Brian, NJ

I have to admit I'm warming up to her now. If she was more like this during the campaign she might have won.

Maybe she is the best choice for VP.

June 27, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  14. John

You know the more I see them together, it might be ok. The dynamic duo would surely kick some GOP Butt.

June 27, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  15. Erik on Wall St.

JB – you are right – those of us that hate Hillary do so not because she is a woman, but because she is the person she is!

June 27, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  16. Kenneth M

Operation Chaos: Dont be a victim

June 27, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  17. adm

To MCR

The Democrats may have some problems now but we will unite in time to kick some McCain's butt.

June 27, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  18. Ilona Proud Canadian

UNITY IN UNITY!
    =============

Congratulations on your first united campaign, Barack and Hillary supporters!

Now I know that this might just be wishful thinking, but here goes anyway. From today going forward, please folks, NO MORE NEGATIVE COMMENTS aimed at BARACK OR HILLARY. (See I told you it might just be wishful thinking but I am still wishing).

From this day onward, the only NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON THESE BLOGS, should be directed towards, ?????????? Yes you got it JOHN McCAIN.........Now be truthful, for both Hillary's, and Barack's supporters.......wouldn't this be a wonderful way to GO FORWARD UNITED? From here to November it's UNITED DEMOCRATS against McCAIN!

June 27, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  19. virginia strong

wake up obama put helery on the ticket as vice present or you will lose i will stay home like most of people in ky wake up before you lose virginia

June 27, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  20. Dwayne Minnesota

Lets go OBAMA & HILLARY for 08.

June 27, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  21. Kenneth M

Ever notice how close she stands to him in there pictures?

June 27, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  22. joe

I live in Italy and everybody here is prayiny for Obama, cause that will surely bring a lot of change that the whole world dearly needs...listening to Hillary tonight is really touching and Obama must really be pushed to do a better job after such a wonderfull discussion from Hillary

June 27, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  23. Rolanda from Memphis

I'm still not sold on her as VP. Maybe as an African American their shots still sting a little bit. Maybe by August I will have changed my mind!

June 27, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  24. Michael Lorton, Virginia

I'm just wondering how much influence Hillary's "unity" will have on Obama when it come time to choosing a running mate? There is something in this for Hillary........and that you can take to the bank.

June 27, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |