June 27th, 2008

In a place called Unity

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/27/art.unity.ap.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama."]
(CNN) - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton appeared together Friday at a rally in Unity, New Hampshire, a town where they tied in the January primary.

Watch: Obama says Clinton 'rocks'

"We may have started on separate paths ... today our hearts are set on the same destination for America ... to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States," Clinton said.

Watch: Clinton praises Obama

"We are one party, we are one America," she added.

The two Democrats walked onstage together to U2's song, "Beautiful Day" as an enthusiastic crowd chanted "Yes we can!"

Full story

1. AK in LA

YEAH!
    Glad you are back Hillary. The campaign so far between Obama and McCain has a big snore. Wake me when it's over.

June 27, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  2. Linda31

I heard the speech and was very impressed with both of them. Going to be a great election.

June 27, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  3. Ladyhawkke

There is no unity within the Democratic Party and the Unity Event was a farce. The DNC broke it's own rules and stole the nomination from Hillary by awarding Obama uncommitted delegates plus 4 delegates that were Hillary's. Dean, Pelosi, Reid and all the traitors pushed her out of the race even as she was winning. I am a proud PUMA and will never vote for Obama whom I consider a divider, racist and liar. He played the race card against the Clintons although it was he who used it to bamboozle the AA community to vote against Hillary. The man is unqualified and unfit for office. If Hillary does not take it to the convention, I will vote for John McCain.

June 27, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  4. Janet in MO

They look good together.. I am an Obama fan, however, I like Clinton too.. I must admit they look good in their Blue! What a Team!

June 27, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  5. Raymond Duke

I like to read the blogs but I can't really comment on this unity deal. As far as me I have already made up my mind when hillary was put out. I went to the next competent person. John McCain. It is over for me except casting my vote in november for John McCain.

June 27, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  6. Alex

Well, I hope this keeps up, thought the republican machine is really something, they don't give up. We can't stand down and think its over, we need to keep up the fight as strong as possible till Nov 4th!

June 27, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  7. Why the bittnerness?

I notice a lot of bitter, spiteful comments here from Hillary supporters. If you were true democrats, your ultimate concern would be the party. The party is finally coming together in terms of the candidates, but the voters need to follow suit. Choose priorities over pride, folks. It's the intelligent and adult way to live your life.

June 27, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  8. nitro

Veronica in texas you seem to be the only one that has not excepted the fact that Obama won the nomination. Since you are from Texas could it be that you are really a republican.

June 27, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  9. Michael

I was once against a "unity" ticket but, it may not be that bad as long as Bill Clinton can let Obama do his job.

Obama/Clinton 08
    Yes we will!!

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  10. Jeff

Obama can't win.

Don't blame me, I voted for Hillary. I've also lost all interest in this thing. And no I'm not a fake poster – he's simply not experienced enough

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  11. Jason

JB way to go I was coming around and you just pushed me back off the bandwagon. What are you 18 maybe. You have no perspective to what you speak of, that is the problem Obama supporters have created by perpetuating lies and BS you get people against you. If you truly want your candidate to win step off the high horse and help bring people together like your fearless leader tells you. Hate gets you nowhere and uneducated hate gets you one less vote!

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  12. Sara

I'm So happy! Obama/Clinton '08

Good Riddence McSame!

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  13. adm

To: TOM

That was Awesome!!!!!

McCain & Bush made from the same side of a coin and it doesnt amount to much change!!!!!!!!!!!

_______________________________________________________

I agree! I could not stop laughing when I read that!!!!

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  14. Don't let Hillary become Nader

I don't think most of the people claiming to be Dems supporting McCain are real Hillary supporters – I think they're GOP trying to divide us.

But if there are any real Hillary supporters planning to vote for McCain or write in Hillary, just remember how Ralph Nader has been reviled by being a spoiler in 2000. Hillary does not deserve to have that happen to her, particularly not from her own supporters. She is doing the hard, noble thing now by backing Obama, and doing it well.

Obama 08 & 12.

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  15. MIchelle

Everyones bitter and so filled with hate and for what, that their candidate didn't win or in McCain or Obama's case may not win. The view from across the border is one that the world has.....You deserve what the hate in your heart asks for, what ever that is. Hate should never be the driver of any one persons decisions over their rights and freedoms. Last night on CNN they had a former Hillary support that is now supporting McCain because of sexism against Hillary. Fine I will concede that point....but to support McCain would set the woman's movement back 50 years to prior to Roe V Wade....are you kidding me. Is the comfort of your hate going to sooth you when McCain's economic policies fail you for another four years?

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  16. OBAMA CLINTON 08

THE DREAM TEAM!!!

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  17. McCain 2008

McCain is going to win..... America doesn't need or want a tax and spend liberal like Obama

June 27, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  18. Well Done

Well come home Hillary1!!

June 27, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  19. MD FOR OBAMA

Darn these two make a great couple. Although HRC usually makes the hairs on my neck stand up tight. I have to admit VP for her doesn't look that bad.

June 27, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  20. Rob Johnson

I really appreciate Hillary's comments today. As an Obama supporter, let me extend the olive branch and say that I would be more than happy to see her on the ticket, especially if today is any indication of what she would bring to the table.

I know the primary season was very heated, but I'm willing to put aside any antagonism towards Hillary, and I encourage Hillary's supporters to put aside their animosity towards Obama.

If they can get over it, so can we. We're all in this together, people!

June 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  21. Liberal Voter

Those Hilary supporters who are still bitter .. to hell with you all .. & I'm serious about this ..

Mc Cain will be happy to get for spiteful & hateful vote .... go vote on emotions ....

And to those Bitter Hillary Supporters who claim Obama Supporters were spew hateful comments on blogs You Clinton supporters were doing the same thing .. And the sad thing is, the Primary season is over & You all are still doing the same thing .... *shakes head*

anyways thank you Hillary!!!!!!

United We Stand .. Divided We Fail!!!!!!

True Democrats 08!!!!!

June 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  22. Linda31

Veronica in Texas, please find the quote, article, video clip where Michelle Obama claimed this. I find it very hard to believe. Also, it doesn't sound like you really believed in your candidate.

June 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  23. Independent Voter

Who knew the CNN blog is the private territory of Obama supporters and everyone else is "an imposter." How silly is that?

Of course Hillary is sincere. The problem is she makes Air Head Obama look like the empty suit he is. I can't wait for the first "debate." Lots of Obama's specialties when asked anything specific. "Um...er...um."

And of course we will be out of Iraq in six months. Six months. Don't forget that, folks. The PROMISE. Oh, but that's like the PROMISE TO TAKE CAMPAIGN FUNDING. Good luck. Obama doesn't have what it takes to follow through with any of his "promises." He's looking to loot the Clinton advisors to get a little help, along with A LOT of money.

June 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  24. silas

She cud be Attorney General

Good job guys

June 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  25. U N I T Y

Nice to see Hillary genuinely supporting Obama, I am surprised.

Just one suggestion, Queen Latifa’s song “UNITY” would have been better than “beautiful day”

June 27, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |