July 8th, 2008

More mechanical problems for Obama campaign

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) – The Obama traveling press corps may have thought their mechanical issues were over for the day when they arrived safely Monday night in Atlanta following a day when the campaign plane made an unplanned stop in St. Louis because of problems in the tail cone.

Not so.

A small group of pool reporters were trapped inside a bus after the first of two Monday evening Atlanta fundraisers when the bus’s electronics shut down, locking the doors.

The lucky few reporters not yet on the bus continued on to the next fundraiser in a staff van as Obama’s motorcade zoomed off.

The stranded reporters eventually exited on the bus driver’s side and made their way back to the hotel in the hotel’s shuttle.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. aware

This is quite symbolic of the "locked in" mentality of Obama the arrogant, egomaniac who does or says anything to win! 🙁

July 8, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  2. Geri

Haven't we had enough about Obama and his personal life and his woes of trouble with planes and now the bus. Its time we stop putting the man on a pedestal and get back to the basics. Issues like economy, foreclosures, cost of gas and on and on and on. Too much frivolous crap about Obama and no substance. I'm a democrat but enough is enough. We need to put him & McCain side by side and let them debate. For a change CNN, print this. Mine usually go by the wayside because I invoke the holy name of Obama in ungodly ways.

July 8, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  3. Mike, Syracuse NY

So, America needs to know, did they do the fist bump on the bus or not?

Obamites, I think Giovanni was being tongue in cheek. Lighten up already.

NC resident. Maybe if 70% of black children weren't born out of wedlock, and blacks didn't drop out of school at twice the rate of whites, and a large percentage of black men didn't commit crimes and get incarcerated, then blacks would get ahead. Stop whining. 90% of what happens to a person in life is a result of their own intelligence, initiative and hard work. The black community needs to stop blaming others for their own failings. Electing Obama isn't payback for real or imagined prejudice. You are only entitled to what you earn by your own hard work.

July 8, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  4. Kathleen

Brandon Hillary, you should be banned from this board.

July 8, 2008 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  5. McCain 08

flip flop...

July 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  6. Bob

Don't any of you people have anything better to do than respond to this news story........................... oops, I guess I just did the same thing.

July 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  7. Bob

These things are not coincidences. Someone is afraid that Obama is getting too powerful. Racism can take many covert forms and Obama and his campaign should be vigilant.

July 8, 2008 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  8. Justice League

So a bus and a plane had some mechanical difficulties. Big deal. This in no relevant way has anything to do with the current political contest, and only the weak-minded republican children choose to make this an issue. Go back and play in your sandbox some more.

July 8, 2008 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  9. A SONGBIRD SANG IN VIETNAM

Hmmmm

Anyone checking for republican fingerprints on all this stuff?

Sounds fishy to me. Sounds like hit-men might have been hired.

July 8, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  10. NC Man

God is trying to tell us something!!

July 8, 2008 01:38 pm at 1:38 pm |
  11. Praying for America

Chuck, Don't blame this on the Lord. The Lord watches out for all of his children. I am praying that he is watching out for all of us. He has to be. With some of the things that has been said on this blog. We don't know who you are with all your ugly words but GOD does. Watch what comes out of your mouth. We are all sowing seeds. Harvest time will come.

July 8, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  12. Brenda of Saginaw ,Michigan

Be very careful what you say about another. They took the land from the Indians,put blacks in chains,put the chinese in fields and the japenese in cages. These are the people that was let loose from Bedlam in England and shipped to America. and they are like fleas they will take over if you don't spray.

July 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  13. Farrell, Houston, Tx

OBAMA WAS RIGHT VOTING NO ON THE IRAQ WAR AND HE IS RIGHT ABOUT A WITHDRAWAL TIME TABLE. THE IRAQ PRIME MINISTER MALAKI AND THE IRAQ PEOPLE WANT A TIME TABLE OF U.S. AND COALITION TROOP WITHDRAWALS BY THE END OF THIS YEAR. BUSH AND MCCAIN ARE VERY ANGRY, BUT THE PRIME MINISTER OF IRAQ SAYS THE U.S. WILL NOT CONTROL WHEN THEY WILL LEAVE. SINCE MCCAIN SAYS THE SURGE IS WORKING I DON'T THINK IT'S UNREASONABLE TO HAVE A TIME TABLE, SO WHAT'S THEIR POINT?

July 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  14. Marie in California

With all these mechanical problems in Obama's campaign.....the airplane thing and now the bus......maybe the universe is trying to tell him something. Like now is the time to quit and go back home to Chicago....and stay there.

PUMA

July 8, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  15. John from LA

An Indep. voter

July 8, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  16. LOIS

Brandon Hillary , and Chuck,

You must belong to the FARC

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  17. Helen, GA

I was here in Atlanta last evening to see Obama. I was totally disappointed. he does not look presidential. He does not have those qualities. Also looking at his background and experience, I realized it is a mistake. I will vote for John mcCain in coming November. Brack Obama is a big mistake. He is a real joke.

July 8, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  18. ARB

I couldn't agree with you more mike, syracuse ny. VERY WELL SPOKEN.

July 8, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  19. 2012

And not a darn one of them was smart enough to operate the emergency door release.......hmmmmmmmmm

July 8, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  20. WORST PERSON!!!!

John from LA ......... The Gods are telling you something BO-you're the wrong candidate!!!!-Hang it up!!!..Indep. voter.......IDIOT

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD ........ ......THERE is A KING IN TOWN......HE'S DIFFERENT and SPREADING GOOD NEWS ....HUH ....... BE QUICK TO JUDGE YOURSELF AND SLOW TO JUDGE OTHERS .

PLZ POST CNN

July 8, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  21. Esther

Call the FBI...Oh I forgot they are the ones thatr covered up the FLAME-Bush-Cheney deal too. Oh, America, I cry for you! Who can be trusted? How will justice be served in such a corrupt administration like the Bush'? And you dumb ones want to continue his legacy with McSame? SHAME ON YOU! Oh Lord, I pray you keep Obama and his family safe from the mentally deranged McShame nuts! Amen.

July 8, 2008 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |
  22. D. Ireland

He will run the country just like he ran his campaign. In case you did not know his campaign ran very smoothly compared to the others. As for the bus, you really must be kidding.

July 8, 2008 02:49 pm at 2:49 pm |
  23. Lesley

I agree with William Y. But I'm laughin' my head off reading this stuff. Great entertainment.

July 8, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  24. Jan, Knoxville, TN

I certainly hope the Secret Service is looking into this matter carefully. I hope Senator Obama has safe landings through the rest of the campaign. Looking forward to an Obama presidency beginning January 2009!

July 8, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  25. Jack

Kind of like locking the bishops in the basement while the church votes more power to Queen Elizabeth I, don't you think.

Oh, and why is it when there is any story posted out here about Obama, the postings are instantly mean-spirited and vicious against each other?

I am having trouble coming to terms with the notion of voting for Obama, not because I am a racist or a sore loser, or what ever other nasty you wish to throw. I am having troble because, as the foriegn press reported last summer, he is not standing for all the things he said he would. The American press REFUSED to publish any of those statements – as they came out of the Obama camp.

I guess this is why our forefathers had the wisdom to allow write-in votes. I plan on using mine for Hillary. Oh sure, they will tell you she is polarizing, but that is because she doesn't flip-flop.

You may all insult me now if you wish. Meanwhile, I've got better things to do than worry about it.

July 8, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |