August 26th, 2008

Clinton calls Michelle Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/08/10/art.convention.gi.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton called Michelle Obama the day after her DNC speech."]

(CNN) - Michelle Obama received a phone call after her widely praised speech Monday night - from Hillary Clinton.

The Obama campaign confirms the New York senator reached out to Mrs. Obama after her primetime address to the Democratic convention. The two did not connect, but Clinton left a message.

Clinton will address the convention herself in a highly anticipated speech Tuesday night.

1. Earl

She was probably asking for money.

August 26, 2008 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  2. Michelle

Hillary is being very gracious.

By the way, Rasmussen reports a 3-point drop for Barry.

August 26, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  3. Jason

I don't think very many people are "highly anticipating" any of Senator Clinton's speeches.

August 26, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  4. Raul & Odalys Florida

Clinton supporters need to "WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE!!!"
    It was a good fight, but Obama won.

Clinton supporters are commiting political suicide for Hillary & they fail to realize SHE STILL HAS A FUTURE IN POLITICS which they are ruinning for her "right now!!"

ESPECIALLY THE PUMA ORGANIZATION!!!! YOU ARE DESTROYING YOUR OWN CANDIDATE'S FUTURE IN POLITICS!!! duh!!!!

August 26, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  5. Linda31

That's what I'm talking about! Party Unity!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  6. Mike in Houston

I guess CNN does not like my comments.

August 26, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  7. ANGIE

LETS STOP THE BASHING LETS STOP THE HE SAID SHE SAID DEMS TIME TO UNITE AND UNITE NOW LETS HELP THE CLINTONS AND THE OBAMAS THEIR TRYING LET HIS SUPPORTERS HER SUPPORTES UNITE NOW AND DEFEAT MCCAIN IN THE FALL AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ALL KNOW WE CANT AFFORD ANOTHER REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNITE UNITE LETS GET BARACK OBAMA ELECTED!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  8. Raul & Odalys Florida

forgot to MENTION

MICHELLE HIT IT OUT OF THE BALL PARK!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  9. Michelle for President 2016

Michelle, you were eloquent and hit on all key points without sounding contrived . You and your family touched me so much that I was moved to tears. Your daughters are too cute. I can't wait for to see you and your beautiful family in the White House.

P.S. Let the haters do what they do best. Fairminded people throughout the world who respect intelligence, woman with integrity and vision love the Obama's.

Obama 08 & 12,
    Michele 2016!

August 26, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  10. Marilyn

Hillary, stay away from these people. They are losers!

August 26, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  11. obama all the way

Time to come together!!!

Great speech by Michelle and nice of Hillary to call her.

Now, we need to stop watching CNN- they are the ones spreading rumors and lies and trying to create trouble and controversy. They have NOTHING to report!!!

The only question Wolf Blitzer asks delegates, govenors or pundits is about Hillary supporters feeling bad. I will be emailing CNN about how poor they did last night!

The supposed coverage of the convention last night was horrible. I will be watching Jim Lehrer from now on.

CNN didn't even show half of the speakers!!! They just kept talking and talking and talking about the same old rhetoric!! How is that reporting?

Then they were complaining that *nobody said this or somebody should've said that*. Meanwhile, some of the stuff was being said- but they were yapping so dang much, they missed it!!

Great news coverage, really great CNN!!!!!

I think I can find the same coverage in TMZ.com.

August 26, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  12. Fernandez

I love America ! For the First time in my life I am proud to be an American. Do you think we beleive you, Michelle you will say anhting to get him elected

August 26, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  13. KATHLEEN

That's was nice of Hillary. What a gal! Soon she will be speaking
    to the new "first lady." But then again, Hillary spoke well of McCain
    during the primaries. Whose side is she really on????

August 26, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  14. lynette

Well done Hillary. Just as Michelle reached out to Laura Bush, I am sure she will do the same with Hillary. I honestly believe both sides of the campaign run will work together well and soon.

August 26, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  15. Democrat for McCain

The party can say what they want to, we have listened, we have heard. We are women who had confidence in Clinton and now we are woman who have confidence in McCain.
    You are selling an inferiour ticket and any one who has any commonsense and will not fall for the rhetoric you keep spewing already knows it.
    146 days in the Senate.
    Degrades America overseas.
    Pays his female workers less than McCain.
    Has no public accomplishments.
    Has no record of being bi-partisan.
    45% death tax over 3.5 mil is our American dream.
    Voted for Bush oil policy.
    Dems ignored Bush when he called for comprehensive energy policies, claiming no supply issues. What about the new global demand.
    Obamas policies want goverment to enforce restrictions and limitations on the people.
    I may sound like a republican, but I'm just a democrat with something to loose.
    McCain will not change Roe vs Wade because it won't happen.
    McCain is Green.
    McCain is a leader we can be confident going forward with.
    McCain is going to give Americans better access to Healthcare and will conclude the war in the way that we need to.

August 26, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  16. Valerie Jackson

CNN's coverage of the Democratic Convention was completely lacking. It seemed like you guys were covering yourselves, not the convention. I wanted to see and hear more of the speeches, and not more of the same old rhetoric from the same old journalists. I can make my own decisions about what was important and what was not if you would have shown it. Instead, viewers only heard your take on the events. For your coverage of the first night of the convention, you guys get an "F." I had to go to the DNC website to watch live coverage without all the CNN crappy opinions.

August 26, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  17. Farrell, Houston, Tx

ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS POSTED ABOUT MICHELLE OR HILLARY ARE THE WORKS OF REPUBLICANS. DON'T LET THEM STEAL OUR THUNDER THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T WIN. REPUBLICANS ARE LEAVING THEIR PARTY AND JOINING DEMOCRATS BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT MORE OF THE SAME IN JOHN MCSHAME.

August 26, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  18. Upon Further Review

Hillary said to Michelle'I loved the color of your dress so I went and bought a suit set just like it".

August 26, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  19. The US abolishes century old clinton dynasty

Dont trust the billarys, they will NOT and I repeat they will NOT take an AA young man who is not an elitist for president

she still did not recognize or voiced SHE LOST

becareful of the clintons

they are not trustworthy.

August 26, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  20. BLOGGER FROM NY

JOHN MCCAINS TAX PLAN: GIVE TAX BREAKS TO THE RICH AND UHHHH MAYBE THEY CREATE ON OR TO MORE POSITION IN THE WORK FORCE ..UHMMMM SENATOR WE DID THAT THE LAST 7 1/2 YEARS ...

August 26, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  21. Marc PDX

I guess if the Obama's won't make amends then Hillary will have to do it (to help the Obamas ?!)...

August 26, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  22. Rob - WA

The speeches were great – the talking heads that are "the news" are getting more and more STUPID daily. You listening CNN? You are like Jr. High kids with your commentary.

August 26, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  23. Nick in Las Vegas

Such a shame, Hillary should be the nominee. I respect her more and more.

August 26, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  24. john

Hillary puts others first, shame Michelle couldn't do the same and answer her call.

August 26, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  25. KAMI IN CHANDLER AZ

Thank you Hillary. Lets continue to unify the party, everyone come on board for the future of our children and our families. Lets stop the bickering and fighting and coem together for a better America.

PUMA's please realize what is at stake here...........I bet Hillary will have a great positon in Obamas cabinet, I hope she will be a supreme court justice!!!

August 26, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |