August 27th, 2008

Preparing for prime time

ALT TEXT

He's been in the Senate for 36 years and run for president twice, but CNN's Mary Snow reports Joe Biden is getting set for what could be the biggest moment of his political life. (Getty Images)

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Texas Straight Talker

So glad to see that voters are realizing that the MEDIA is creating all of this disruption in the democratic party. Watch next week when the Republicans have their convention. I guarantee you the stories and coverage will be just the opposite of the madness we are hearing and reading here!

August 27, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  2. Chi4Obama

Hey McCain supporters
    You better brace yourself. I think Biden is going to hit you HARD tonight. Get ready to take one right to the gut.

Democrats '08.

August 27, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  3. newsnut

What she meant was what Michelle was talking about. All that Red Meat. Michelle needs to explain more to Mrs. Clinton what she meant in her interview about all that Red meat. I think i know, but I don't want to say until i'm reallt sure. I could be totally wrong.

August 27, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  4. Betty J. Hoffman

I believe Sen. Biden is th best choice for v.p. He has a long history of experience in foreign affairs and will not be just a yes man to Sen. Obama. I cannot say enough good things about his choice as running mate.

August 27, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  5. Colo Sprgs, CO

Go Joe! We love ya, Joe! The real Americans are behind Obama/Biden all the way! Let's win this thing for the Red, White, and BLUE!

August 27, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  6. CM

The intensity of attacks on the GOP war machine will ramp up tonight.

let Bill talk about what he wants. He has a legacy to maintain and he needs to hit McCain while he has the mike.

Joe, tell it how it is. People like Mike, TX who come on here and post call you guys liars but would be hard pressed to defend their candidate's honesty, especially during this campaign.

August 27, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |

NO MORE DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN DYNASTIES
    OR TIME HAS COME

August 27, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  9. Kevin from MN

Obama/Biden 2008
    Obama/Biden 2012
    Clinton in 2016 – When, by the way, whe will still be younger than John McCain is today!

August 27, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  10. ran

So many have been blinded for so long by the fear perpetrated by the republicans that they can not see true change for the better for all not just the few.Obam/Biden and the Democrats are going to get this country back on the right track so that all will be prosperous not just a selected few.

August 27, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  11. Souza

Who Cares it should have been Hillary.

August 27, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  12. Vegas

Joe Biden speaks the truth...

Even when he said Obama wasn't fit to be the president...

Clinton 2012

August 27, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  13. Donna from Colorado Springs

Give em' Hell Joe! You are the fire that this dead democratic party needs right now! Am looking forward to speech tonite.

August 27, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  14. Annie

Will the real Hillary Clinton please stand up...And the adoration in Bill's eyes. But worse for me was Barack and Michelles phoniness. after Hillary threw them some crumbs. I demand sincerity and honesty from our future President and First Lady. So sorry they buckled under the game of politics. Surely I cannot be alone in my thinking. Barack still has my vote but my enthusiasm is waning...

August 27, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  15. Paul

I am a young student!!

I DONT want to spend the next 8 years watching my YOUNG mates go to WAR... Because OLDER IDIOTS arent comfortable with change!!
    I DONT SEE YOU DYING IN IRAQ!!

WE are the ones who will have to live with the choice YOU make!!!

YOUTH OF AMERICA..STAND STRONG!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008

August 27, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  16. Hillary's Speech Made John McCain President

Well, I'm sure your speech will benefit Obama (who by the way is the nominee) instead of that rah-rah speech HRC gave last night about HER. Sure, she gave a few rants about McCain but make no mistake she did three things. 1) elevate herself 2) re-energize her base; and 3) help elect JM as president. Mark my words she helped McCain much more than she did Obama and for this-this country will suffer. Any person who would side with someone (McCain) who made a nasty remark about her child over a person who never treated her with anything but respect would do ANYTHING and I do mean ANYTHING. I really wish the three of them would go away. Clinton, Clinton, Clinton. That's all CNN can say. Thank God there is MSNBC. This is Obama's time. Why is it all about them? Some of you say it is up to him to bring in her supporters. Well, for once we agree. It is up to him. However, how can you bring in people who hate you for your race and gender? Please don't deny it.

August 27, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  17. W O W WO W

K I S S--Y O U R-P A N T S U I T !

August 27, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  18. Dehlia

Delegates are not representing the people's vote in the Democratic Convention. Hillary Clinton had the most votes but the DNC failed her.

August 27, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  19. MikeH

I want Biden to grow wolf fangs and attack Republican lap dogs and poodles and Republican brown-nosing CNN executives.

August 27, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  20. Jaybird

I see Deadeye Dick Cheney stood in front of the VFW today defending "alternative interrogation".......yeah, let's do some more of that. Vote for the GOP?....Never

August 27, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  21. Paul

DEHLIA... BOO HOOO!!!

August 27, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  22. La Raza

I just now realized that every negative ad that the Republicans have shown so far is footage from Hillary and Biden stating that Obama is not experienced. If not for these two, there would be no material for the Repugnicans to use? Whaddya think?

August 27, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  23. Kate Fergus

I like Joe for his candor. However, he will have a tough time tonight following the stellar performance of Hillary Clinton.

I hope everyone in America rallies behind the task of getting rid of the Republicans. It appears to be Obama and Joe's time. They will have to pull out all the stops to ensure that everyone in the country knows how they differ from John McCain and the Republicans.

I hope in the future that Obama does a good enough job that when he is finished, Hillary will get her opportunity to shine again. The Democrats are lucky to have her in their party.

August 27, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  24. Michael

Obama has succeded in pushing Hillary aside. Good. Now the real fun begins.

McCain and the Republican party are a ROCK. Obama thinks he is running against Bush. Nice little fantasy for him. He will have to do better than that. Sorry all Republicans know there is a vast difference between McCain and Bush. Obama will have to try and fool someone else. Independents? Ooops, McCain is well known to them as the most independent and un Bush like Republican in Washington. So who else can he fool. I guess just those who are all ready going to vote for him anyway. Net zero. Jokes on you Obama. Don't quit your day job. Every pro-life voter knows what is at stake in this election, that represents just about everyone who is a Republican. Nobody will have to remind them to vote in 2008, election day has been circled on all their calanders since January 1. And they won't be voting for Obama.

August 27, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  25. S Callahan

Any man who has suffered with the emotional pain this man did in his early 30's has to have substance to him..... it changes a person and makes them value what is really important. no time for petti ness...there is a sense of it waste too much energy.
    I like Sen. Biden and believe he will be a wonderful, intelligent, part of the team. I hope he tells his vision of a better world and how he hopes to help direct it's path.

August 27, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |