August 27th, 2008

Preparing for prime time

ALT TEXT

He's been in the Senate for 36 years and run for president twice, but CNN's Mary Snow reports Joe Biden is getting set for what could be the biggest moment of his political life. (Getty Images)

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Denise

GET 'EM BIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 27, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  2. Chanda

Thats real change picking someone who has been in politics for 36 years sounds like he is the dem version of Mccain What a joke what kind of change is that this Dem will be staying home

August 27, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  3. Tom in Delaware

Hang in there everybody, the best part of Joe's speeches always come in the 3rd hour where he gets to talk about his most favorite topic of all-time...himself.

He makes the fewest gaffes then too, so I know you're really going to enjoy it...Happy Trails.

August 27, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  4. ginger

Well, I guess it's time for McCain to play the POW card.

August 27, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  5. Harry

Biden was Obama's biggest critic - Change?

Same old Washington politics - Change?

CNN loves Obama

August 27, 2008 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  6. Worried Dem

If Obama loses this election, his dumbest move would be not picking Hillary for VP. Joe Biden's okay, but does not have the following that Hillary has. Also, if Obama is playing to win, it was supposed to be a no brainer to pick Hillary for VP in order to get her supporters on board.

Instead, he is showing his pride (in a bad way), and gives a lot of people the impression that he can't handle sharing the spotlight with somebody who is as popular as he is, thus the decision to pick Biden for VP instead.

August 27, 2008 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  7. Independent-Latina-for-OBAMA

Joe Biden is going to be great! He is a wonderful guy and God wiling America will listen and vote for OBAMA/BIDEN!

AS DON QUIXOTE SAYS, "ONWARD TO GLORY".........AMERICA!

August 27, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  8. Virginian

Say it is so, Joe
    So is how old goes, Joe
    Sow the new, not the mcsame
    So tonight proclaim "out they go" Joe

Say it is so, Joe
    In with the progressive new not the repressive old, Joe
    "Yes we can" to reasonable foreign policy heralds and knowledge
    The kind your years of senate service so fully acknowledges, Joe

Come out and get us revved, Joe
    Like espresso to prevent calling of beds, Joe
    Beckon and Biden us to do right for America
    No way, no how, noMcCainica.

Obama/Biden '08

August 27, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  9. Dems Vote Big

Go Joe!
    Go Joe!
    Go Joe!

Whoooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama-Biden '08

August 27, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  10. Sylvia

The Men in Black, Obama and Biden, will exterminate McWar. Shot down in flames, crash and burn McCain.

August 27, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  11. Andrew, Jersey

I remember just last fall i was in a bus depot in Baltimore. It was from 1AM to 6AM, They had big flatscreen tvs and the onlything on all night was the democratic debate re-run. I watched the entire thing from start to finish twice. At the end of my lonely night in that empty bus terminal I might of been the only person in the country more excited about joe biden than clinton and obama. im so excited obama chose the best man for the job!

August 27, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  12. Emma, San Jose, CA

Biden is vastly more seasoned than Hillary. He will be an excellent member of the administration.

August 27, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  13. sharong58

I don't really know Joe Biden but just the little bit I've seen of him recently . . I REALLY REALLY LIKE HIM! He seems to have as much honesty and integrity as Barack and yet I hear he is a llttle attack dog when need be! I think they (Obama & Biden) compliment each other tremendously and make a great team that I will be proud to vote for in November.
    I am very glad he didn't pick Hillary even if it means he looses some voters. I really believe he will win the election with or without them.
    Even after the great speech she gave last night, I still don't trust her.
    She spent an inordinately long time talking about herself before she told everyone that Barack believes in the same issues she does and so they should vote for him! She's all about herself . . even now . .
    I don't know how people cannot notice how conceited she is! However, I'm glad she did the honorable thing in the end but did she have a choice? She was outvoted and I think endorsing him is the least she could do in repayment for him helping her with her campaign debt, which she ran into so deep because of her denial and stubborness to concede.
    I thnk Barack Obama will be right up there with Kennedy and Lincoln in the history books. I believe he will turn this country around and in 4 years be so popular he will be re-elected with ease by even those who doubt him now. I also believe Joe Biden wil make a great VP and Michelle will be right up there with Jackie O as a great first lady!
    OBAMA/BIDEN IN 08!!! NO HOW, NO WAY, NO MCCAIN!

August 27, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  14. annie

If anyone thinks obama is qualified or has any experience, just look at who he chose for vp. He and michell couldn't get past their personal petty jealous hatred of Hillary to make his first decision for the dem. party. With all her voters and all of her intelligence his petty arrorgance would not let him chose the best vp for the unity of the party. How is he going to make decisions as a pres. – this is scary! He can't unite the dem. party, how badly will he divide our country?

August 27, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  15. sharong58

Michael, there is a vast difference between Bush and McCain???
    Really? . . . . let me see you explain the differences because most of the nation doesn't see it at all! And Barack Obama will win (maybe not by much) but he will unless the GOP buys a state like they did Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004! People are wise to them now and they won't be fooled again!

August 27, 2008 08:04 pm at 8:04 pm |
  16. Chris - Hemet, Ca.

Quit bickering people!!! It's very simple, if you have been happy with our leadership over the last eight years and you feel the country is in good shape and that we are headed in the right direction vote McCain, if you think otherwise vote Obama. See, no need to argue.

August 27, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  17. Francisco Anguiano

Go Democrats. Filibuster proof, democratic majority in Congress.

August 27, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  18. gm

SEN BIDEN IS THE RIGHT MATCH FOR OUR FUTURE PRESIDENT
    BARACK OBAMA. THE TWO OF THEM WILL TAKE BACK BACK OUR COUNTRY. THANK YOU MR VP BIDEN FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR OUR COUNTRY AND ESPECIALLY THE COMMON MAN.
    GOD BLESS BOTH YOU AND SEN OBAMA IN YOUR TRAVELS. BE SAFE AND CONGRADULATIONS.

August 27, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  19. Mary Garlick

QUICK – switch over to C-Span where you actually get to hear the speakers/performers instead of the commentators.

August 27, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  20. Ted Pert

The only thing that will count is that one or the other party will win,but it will not affect any ones life.
    Life goes on no matter what but one thing for sure no one in this country will ever have the guts to straighten out this mess that the country finds itself in.America is living beyond its means.
    But what do i know as the great philosopher once said the only thing that i know is that i know nothing!!!

August 27, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  21. tigerakabj

Go Joe. I'm fired up and ready to go! You are an excellent part of the Obama team and I look forward to seeing you in action in the White House.

Obama/Biden 2008/2012.

August 27, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  22. No Hillary = No Obama

What does this guy have that Clinton didn't bring to the table? Nothing. Obama could care less – all he wants is to get elected. if he does get elected he will turn out to be one of the most ineffectual Presidents – right behind Bush or maybe in front of him. The guy is an orator. not a leader. It's a write-in for Hillary Clinton – the only viable choice.

August 27, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  23. Erika, KS

It should have been Clinton. But, hey, you Obamabots would rather have someone with zero accomplishments, a racist, a sweet smooth talker empty suit and an old white guy who has been in Congress for thirty-six years than elect an accomplished woman. You are all stupid if you think Obama isn't a politics as usual spinner. Yes, real change there.

August 27, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  24. RJ, CA

I will NOT vote for Obama. But I congratulate his ardent supporters for seeing their personal dreams fulfilled. And, YES, this is a historic year for America - little children of both genders and every color have renewed opportunity to aspire to whatever they want to achieve – with commitment and HARD WORK. I will not vote for Obama, I will vote for McCain – but I’m very proud of America at this moment – as I have been at EVERY moment in the past – and will continue to be at EVERY moment in the future – regardless of the candidate!

August 27, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  25. Michael Cartwright

Barak Obama and Joe Biden, Ebony & Ivory (together perfect harmony)

August 27, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |