August 28th, 2008

Scenes from the Trail: The line starts early at Invesco

ALT TEXT

The lines were long early in the day to get into Invesco Field (Mathieu Young/CNN)

Denver (CNN) - Charlie Dominguez is spending his 47th birthday standing in line at Invesco Field hoping he will be able to count a ticket to Sen. Barack Obama's Thursday night acceptance speech among his birthday gifts.

"It's just to be close," Dominguez said. "Everybody's electrified. I want a chance for the glimpse, ya know?"

Dominguez, who hails from traditionally-red Kansas, said he was always a registered Republican until this year when he switched his registration to Democratic.

Watch live shots of Invesco Field on CNN.com/live!

A few ticket-holders and would-be attendees arrived at Invesco Field by 9 a.m. By noon, the line for entrance included roughly a thousand people, a reporter estimated.

The campaign expects roughly 75,000 people in attendance when Obama officially accepts the Democratic presidential nomination.

1. dEMOBRAT

.....for the greatest show on earth!!!!!!!!

August 28, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  2. Pepou

It is a historic night. I just cannot believe it will happen. This country will never cease to amaze me.

August 28, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  3. Terry

It's a shame the DNC took it away from Hillary. And it's a shame that Obama will lose to McCain.

Hillary 2012

August 28, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  4. Billy J -Austin-Tx

August 28, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  5. JD FROM NEW YORK

GO OBAMA....

"I HAVE A DREAM"-MLK...

WISH MLK WAS AROUND TO SEE HISTORY BEING MADE.....

August 28, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  6. Upstate Deb

As a disappointed Democrat, I cannot stomach any of the orchestrated crap televised from Denver...

It's very sad when a voter has to decide between the lesser of two evils. That's McCain for me, with hopes for Hillary in 2012.

God HELP America...

August 28, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  7. 8) the smilin' guy

Would prefer the Clintons, but will be voting Obama for sure.

August 28, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  8. Greg, NY

Really hope he hands out band aids with the slogan 'This is John McCain's health care plan' printed on them!

August 28, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  9. stacy

What can I say, I have never heard so many lies in this last year from
    so many people.

August 28, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  10. Texas trail puppy!

Obama has opened a solid lead against JMc according to the latest Gallup daily Poll: Gallup Tracking 08/25 – 08/27 2723 RV 48 42 Obama +6 THE GOP FEAR MACHINE shall fail this year!!

August 28, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  11. Cheryl Swaim

I'm not electrified.
    McKinney '08

August 28, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  12. USMC 68-71

An historic evening no matter who you are for in this race. America has come a long way.

August 28, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  13. Steve A. , New Braunfels , Texas

If it were a little more convenient I would be there too, Obama 08, by the way I hope McCain pics Mcrumsfield for vp they will be perfect for each other...............GO OBAMA................

August 28, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  14. All Bluster No Brain McCain with Faux Brawn and Balls

So is Grampy McCain't going to give us a tutorial on adult diaper changing while trying to steal the limelight from Mr. Obama? McCain acts just like a deprived, tantrumy two-year-old minus the intelligence, honesty, wonder and curiosity.

August 28, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  15. joe

can not wait!!

August 28, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  16. Capt. Smash, Salt Lake City, Utah

I am very proud of my my White Brothers and Sisters who have gave Obama this chance! All of you that support him and are color blind will be blessed.

God Bless You All!

August 28, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  17. Biffington, Biff

45 years to the day....

this.... is.... a..... GREAT..... country!

August 28, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  18. mama4obama

I'm thrilled for Obama and the American people and wish I could be there.

August 28, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  19. Quinn - Houston, Texas

Boy it feels good to be an American.

Anyone, from anywhere, can do anything!

Barack and Hillary have truly blessed us and our children.

August 28, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  20. Burhan

What a nice day!!

August 28, 2008 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  21. Latina for Obama...NJ

IS GOING TO BE A GREAT NIGHT!!! CANT WAIT!!

GO OBAMA GO!!!

August 28, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  22. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

A Presidental first...................an OBAMAPALOOZA!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 28, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  23. Abby

please focus on issues. McCain’s health advisor said today that we can go to emergency rooms for healthcare so we are all covered. If obama’s people had said that, this would be the end of a campaign. Please report this VERY BIG news. VERY BIG!!!

August 28, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  24. No Way, No How, No McCain

A fantastic convention. History is being made tonight!

August 28, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  25. JfromNC

It is so awesome that for the first time in history, a political convention is including average Americans and not just the privileged few. Obama is keeping his promise to open the government up to the people. My prayers are with him tonight.

August 28, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |