September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Kevin Kris

Given my 100$.
    Any body wants to match?

2. jimmie brenner

I liked her before I heard her speak. However, what turned me off was her "lipstick." As one pit bull to another..............go get her Joe! jb

3. geek

I have not got to the point of sending money to the Democratic Party, but my check book is now closed for Senator McCain. He lost my money and support.

4. karen-phoenix

I sent more this AM!!! People–Vogue did a $$$$ on the outfit Cindy had on Monday nite-$3000 dress–combination of dress, shoes, purse, and jewlery–total is between$250,000 and $300,000. True!!! Most of us will NEVER beable to have a house worth that much!!! Heaven help the USA. Go Obama/BIden

5. Michelle D. - Atlanta, GA

I'm getting my checkbook out now...

I just have to remind America that just a few months ago hundreds of underage children were forcibly (and illegally) taken from their parents arms on the unconfirmed report that there was underage sex going on between children and adults. Then, this woman steps forward and shoves her pregnant daughter into the limelight. Did she forget the "father" is 18? In most states that's statutory rape and is punishable.

Did we forget the case of Genarlow Wilson who was jailed for RECEIVING oral sex from an underaged girl? His life is ruined!!!

Why is there no legal action against this young man, the admitted father???

Just want equal treatment for ALL Americans!!!

6. Erika

Yep, donated again today. Great speech Palin!

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss Hillary!

7. Los

The frightening possibility of this woman and whatever John McCain has become taking the White House has effectively ended my penny-pinching ways.

8. AEK

I got online immediately and donated to the Obama campaign. In forty years of voting I have never felt as compelled to get involved in a campaign as I do now. I don't know if I'm more concerned that McCain/Palin will bring the same results as the Bush years or will be worse! I don't know how the country can stand much more.

9. Chris - WI

$25 more is on the way right now for Obama/Biden.

No Way, No How, No McInsane & Sarah brings more Pain!!!

10. LJ

For the first time in my life (55 yrs.) I donated $ to a political party (Democrats) last evening. I am dismayed that issues of importance to Americans and landed immigrants, i.e. health care, the Iraqi war with its devaluing of human life, the economy etc. are not being addressed by the Republican party. Palin's speech was juvenile and pejorative, accompanied by grade school boos from the flock whenever the Democrats were maligned. The people of this country are not stupid, and deserve to be addressed with respect and dignity.

11. Ihavenohouse

me too

12. drew

Funny! I'll donate too, but I'll wait for McCain to speak. The RNC may be the most successful Obama fundraising event of the campaign season!

13. Gary of El Centro, Ca

Seems that she fired up the Democratic base more than she did the Republican base. How cool is that?

14. debbie

Yes, we are frightened and its motivating. She is pulling the Repubs into the far, far right. Can someone in the media research this story that she has tried to have books banned from the Alaska Library including Canterbury Tales and the Harry Potter books among a hundred others? Or will they back off of her like they did the story about McCain and the female lobbyist because all he had to say was that he would not discuss it again. If you vote for this team don't blame me if we have a draft to support new and endless wars, an economy that only helps the richest, and have a woman's right to choice outlawed. The Catholic and Jewish vote along with moderate Christians wil be lost once her views become known but the extreme Evangelicals will come out for her in droves. For more years of this? No thanks.

15. JfromNC

Yep, I maxed out last night.

16. Jeffrey

....which goes to show, no one likes a smug, righteous, libelous b____...

17. JC

Isn't that the amount that Joe Biden spends on Botox shots and hair plugs!
    No brain Bo and hair plug Joe! Thanks ~ but no!
    No Hillary! No vote!

McCain/Palin 08

18. Sarah Bell, Cleveland OH

Sarah Palin is DICK CHENEY WITH LIPSTICK!! You got to give it to Karl Rove though, he sure knows how to pick a VP for his party. The FEARFUL RIGHT ate it up. Watching the Fear Convention yesterday, it looked more like a klan meeting to me. Anyone else get that vibe?

19. bruno nana

it is great man.let keep the train going

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  20. kathy - phoenix

Now that's news worth hearing after Palin's speech. Right on !!

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  21. Tam/Stone Mountain

Ok. CNN give it a rest. We all know Time gave you the talking points last night. Beware Democrats- stick with the issues. Remember Obama limped to the finish line even though he spent more than Hillary. Bashing Palin will not win this election for us. Dems were able to bash Hillary because they tied her hands but the Republicans will come full force.

I have to give it to Palin, we dished it out day after day and she came out swinging. The race baiting and the sexism will BACK FIRE this time.

As an AA female who has been a democrat all my life I think we need to clean up our act or we will be looking at McCain as President in November.

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  22. obama warrior

that's just too funny. lol lol lol

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  23. Ben

I had been waiting to donate to Obama for when I had enough money, but after last night, Palin gave me a little push.

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  24. Shelley, Pittsburgh

Hey Mike in Texas - Candidates aren't allowed to accept foreign donations!

I've got to say that Speech last night really was raunchy. it's like she gave two different speeches. one she was comfy with when it was about her, and the other part that the washington "good old boys" speech writers for Bush wrote for her....it sounded raw and unrehearsed.

Hope we get 8 million more tonight!

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  25. eddiebly, Orlando FL

As an Independent, after what I saw last night, I finally joined the Obama nation or as "Pipeline Palin" calls it, his devoted followers. $100 donated and many more to come.

September 4, 2008 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |