September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. ObamaAllTheWay

Keep it coming my fellow democrats you make me proud by the day, I just contributed $200.00 my self today. God bless America and da*mn to those who try to divide us.

September 4, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  2. Give me a break

So what you all are saying is Obama is trying to buy his way into office? He's telling himself every night, how many suckers can I get money out of today to win this election! Seems to me that money would do a lot better spent in our failing economy and not donated to the media because that is where most of it is going.

I'd consider voting for him......except he hasn't proven he can do ANYTHING he's promising. Heck, he hasn't done anything in the time he's been in the Senate for crying out loud. How can you people believe anything he says without proof he can actually pull it off?

And why would a candidate that is an agent of change bring in a person that has more time in broken Washington then the man he is running against? Seems McCain got that one right and Obama got that one wrong!

September 4, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  3. fixbone

130003

September 4, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  4. Susan

What a joke that speech was – what an incredible joke. If McCain-Palin win the election I am leaving the country. The word 'sick' comes to mind when I recall her speech.

September 4, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  5. Montana Thinker

Good for Obama and the loyal Democrats who believe in their ideals and walk the talk!

To all of those people who say they were a Hillary Clinton supporter and are not supporting McCain/Palin – shame on you. You are obviously NOT voting for people based on the platforms, the beliefs and the ideals of the party. I supported Sen. Clinton because she, and her party, believe in the same things I do. I cannot vote for McCain/Palin simply because Palin is a woman. She does NOT hold the same ideals and values that I do. She is vehemently anti-choice, to the point that a woman who is raped or the victim of incest MUST bear the resulting child. That is wrong and shameful.

September 4, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  6. CB

Palin kick up the dust last night. But when the dust clear you will see who is in the front. Going to donate my $50.

September 4, 2008 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  7. Florida Gal

It just goes to show how great the GOP will do in the real election.

Dems 08

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  8. Juan

I was one of them!

Thank you Sarah Palin for inspiring me to give to Obama!

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  9. Aspire

I pledge my paycheck for Obama

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  10. Johanna

Sarah Palin wanted the media to report on her teenage son, Track, who enlisted in the Army on Sept. 11, 2007, and soon will deploy to Iraq.

Sarah Palin did not want the media to report on her teenage daughter, Bristol, who is pregnant and unmarried.

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  11. GOP Woman for Obama

I'm proud to be one! First time ever donating to a DEM! Only $10 but it well worth it!

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  12. Marie C.

YES!!! I am going to give the MAX 2300!!!

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  13. She's A Zerohead

God, if they would only let her talk to the media we'd raise more money. Sarah, come out, come out wherever you are.

Obama/Biden 08

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  14. Andrew

Personally, I donated $100 for Obama straight, bought two more T-Shirts (one for my sister) and raised $300 from family and friends via email since Palin's speech. A VP who ignores issues in favor of vicious smears is unfit to run the country.

Obama/Biden 08

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  15. Montana Thinker

To all of those people who say they were a Hillary Clinton supporter and are now [correction from earlier post] supporting McCain/Palin – shame on you. You are obviously NOT voting for people based on the platforms, the beliefs and the ideals of the party. I supported Sen. Clinton because she, and her party, believe in the same things I do. I cannot vote for McCain/Palin simply because Palin is a woman. She does NOT hold the same ideals and values that I do. She is vehemently anti-choice, to the point that a woman who is raped or the victim of incest MUST bear the resulting child. That is wrong and shameful.

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  16. patrick

To Puma , i would rant on too much, cause its problably some supporters in your group who are giving to Obama.

September 4, 2008 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  17. PC

For the very first time in my 50 year life, today I contributed to the election of a presidential candidate. If that helps ensure we have an articulate, thoughtful, ethical, intelligent leader – That it makes a difference in this country not making another tragic mistake – It was money more than well spent! – How interesting so many others felt the same urge. . .

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  18. Franky

Hey, God said you win some, you lose some! LOL!!!

That's pretty crazy...

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  19. Paul

Not sure that was much help since according to today's WSJ Obama is $110 million behind where he planned to be now.

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  20. Faith Arkansas

So can someone PLEASE tell me what Obama has accomplished besides raising money since he has been a senator or even in his lifetime?

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  21. Palin is a rightring extremist, Miami, FL

My best friend mom just lost her house they been living in that house since i was a kid now i am 22 year old . How the Palin speech helps them because they are hopeless and upset. That is the kind of politics that makes the republicans so repulsive and repugnant.

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  22. mzbond

Like many of you, I was inspired by Palin's speech last evening, inspired enough to give to OBAMA '08.

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  23. CB

Where is you income tax statement Gov. McBush JR.

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  24. Paula from Canada..

Yay! I love it when hate backfires and ignorance is exposed for what it is. Her statements in her church about Jesus wanting the Iraq war was enough for me.. THE PRINCE OF PEACE is another name for Christ.. good old Holy Rollers get cha everytime!
    Barack /Joe!!! 08/12

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  25. Teresa

Great I will now have to turn the channel or mute my TV more often...maybe I will just not turn it on. The more money that is poured in means more nauseating ad's that will be run. To bad the contributors don't make real change and donate to help the people they claim to be helping by voting and promoting Obama. REAL change comes from individuals not government!

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |