September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Eunice

Pure propaganda by Obama campaign to scare their opponents. They used the same tactics to scare Hillary's campaign into believing that they out raise them 10 times, therefore making their opponents to believe that they have more money. They are lying. Do not believe them. It is simply not true.

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  2. Paul Dobro

What is the over-under for the number of times John says "my friends"?

How about the over-under on how many times he says POW?

I think if you have a drinking game where you drink everytime he says economy, you'll be the designated driver and drink everytime he says Obama, you'll be drunk.

September 4, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  3. janet, ohio

This is just really an adorable method of trying to Silence Sarah. It brought a little smile to my face, but that's not the first time Obama has done so. Poor baby may never get over the shock of someone being unafraid to critcize him and expose him for what he is. Go for the jugular, Sarah! They won't be showing you any mercy!

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  4. Gia in Los Angeles, CA

Wooooo Hoooooooooooo!!

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  5. REPUBLICAN NOT VOTING FOR MCCAIN/PALIN

I will be making another donation to Barack and Joe tonight.

Obama/Biden 08

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  6. Lee

Hearing Palin's (and Romney's and Giuliani's) speeches last night, my stomach turned and my skin crawled. A bunch of angry white men, a pitbull PTA mom, and an elderly guy with post-traumatic stress disorder.

This is the best the Republican party can do?

They've put fear into our hearts, that's for sure - but it's fear of THEM.

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  7. Ryan McMahon

Anyone who thinks of Iraq war as a divine happening and not a monumental blunder should stay as far away from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave as possible, like Alaska.

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  8. POmbo

I will donate 25$ to Obama tonight. I can't believe this woman thinks she has more experience then Obama because she was a Mayor in a sparsely populated state and two year Governor over a state with a total population of SoHo Manhattan? Come on you have to be kidding me! She governs over the wildlife and fires her police chief because the guy wouldn't get rid of her in-law who was divorcing a relative. Vindictive! That’s what the V in McSame’s VP stands for.

We don’t need that, we’d end up in Iraq for a million years with that attitude!
    Gotta give it to the GOP though, they are opening up to Obama’s ideals and hoping it works for them…sounds like the Sandals are being made in the millions over there. FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  9. Sherry, Atlanta

And Obama/Biden will win in November, because of Palin running her mouth. It's apparent that Palin has BAD JUDGEMENT... she told any/everyone of her Son leaving for Iraq on Sept. 11, and her son was in the Gulf serving.

SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TOLD HER. . .THAT'S A NO NO!

Obama/Biden '08-'12

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  10. Debra

I must admit, last night I jumped online and made more donations to Obama, the DNCC and the DNC as well. After listening to last night's hate-and-lie-fest, I would not have been able to sleep unless I did. Hopefully, everyone who was as horrified by what I observed last night will do the same if at all possible.

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  11. Kelby from Houston, TX

I am 1 in 130,000. I am one in 2,000,000.

I am one of many who SUPPORT BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    I really like saying that and typing it!

We must also focus on getting more Senate seats for Democrats. Obama can't do this by himself he will need us and the party in the proper place in order to get things done.

Can you tell I'm serious about this?

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  12. wow woman

$8 million in less than 24hrs...jus think when he is president...
    even if you do not like him, gotta admit that's impressive.

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  13. Wayne

I just gave 20 bucks. EIGHT IS ENOUGH!!

September 4, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  14. Pro-America

Why do you all beleive so much in Biden and Obama?

What attracts you to them?

A different Washington? Biden has been in Washington for over 20 years and has played the game and is nothing more than a liberal arrogant jerk.

Obama lacks anything in my book that says he is qualified more so than Palin, even though she is running for VP.

What will Obama do for out nation?
    Healthcare that will make takes go up?
    Not explore for more oil in our country which will do nothing to help our gas prices go down?
    Infringe upon our second amendment rights?

End the war? This has me split, the war that is. Statistics show that causualties are way down....and violence as well. It is expensive, but imagine how much worse it could be if we pulled out? Bring our boys home? I am going to join the military soon, and that is what you join the military for to serve our country. It is a volunteer military...so it was their choice.

God bless America.

Biden and Obama will do nothing but move out nation toward a Socialist nation.

15. Lou H

Yes, giving to Obama is the reaction that comes from 'hitting someone hard'.

If Palin had offered up something constructive, something to give to, a bridge to the future...then she would be pulling in money.

16. tired of cnn for obama

who cares? did we report how much money the GOP brought in during Obama's speech???? No! CNN stop with your obamanation.
    Say no to OBAMA-BIN-LADIN ohh i mean obama /biden

17. Money Where The Mouth Is

The people speak so loudly when they speak with hard earned cash during a BAD BAD time in our economy. What a sacrifice. This is done in $10 and $25 donations.

The people are not just speaking, they are acting.

We can change. Now is the time.

Unite us Republican, Unite us Democrat.

Unite us, we are all American's.

"You are the change you seek" – Obama

18. sety

Sarah Palin was just too nasty. We don't need nastiness in the white house. We need leaders who have good heart, positive talk in this country.

19. Ihavenohouse

I sure gave we need to buy lish for McSame pitbull.

September 4, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  20. The Times They Are A Changin'

I donated IMMEDIATELY to Obama after the speech-special thanks to Mrs. Palin for her empty words.

21. faye, NV

We cannot let them Reps such as McSame/Pal*insane take office it will be a disaster.

22. White and Black support for Obama

Straight talk express or flip flop express Mccain is every side of the issues and now has a seperatist with him. Alaska is not for sale Sarah..
    Sara runs a small town to debt.

23. patrick

LMAO@Lisa,

Your not serious are you? Dont hate because Mccain doesnt have it together!

24. BC FOR OBAMA

Now we're talkin'! Go Democrats! I wish I could donate but I'm Canadian but my heart and soul is with you guys!

Obama Biden 08, 12

25. mark heim

I wish he can accept foreign donations, I honestly would donate to Obama's compaing if it was only allowed, I just don't want to see america fail to nothing. rest of the world loves america why can the republicans love america like everyone else.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23