September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Wayne

The lord works in mysterious ways. GO OBAMA!!

September 4, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  2. Robert, Saginaw MI

If she is our new VP, she will have much in common with our current VP Dick Cheney. Six days and counting, and no access to the press. She must be in an undisclosed locations, or out shooting moose in the face.

September 4, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  3. SMR

Thank you to everyone who donated to Obama from this soccer mom from Alaska who thinks Sarah Palin is the worst thing to happen to Alaska and the US since Bush.

September 4, 2008 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  4. smokesignals

Obama/Biden ticket didn't trash her.
    She trashed herself.

This is great! McCain couldn't have done us a bigger favor.

Go Obama!

5. Jim Kap

I gave $250 ten minutes after her speech. And we are moving in October, but I made sure to register to vote at my new address. Palin told the rightwingnuts what they wanted to hear....but she fired up any of us who were apathetic to support Obama-Biden 100%.

6. Jason in SDY

I am not hearing enough about Giuliani's disgusting speech. It's making me mad. Mocking volunteers?! Telling us that more important than the economy is keeping us on the OFFENSE militarily?! My God, I am shivering at the thought of the GOP winning in Nov.

7. Lisa

THIS WILL KEEP THEM TALKING.

HEY LET SEND A MESSAGE TO THE RNC WHILE JOHN MCSAME IS SPEAKING LET'S BLOW UP OBAMA'S CONTRIBUTION PAGE AND DONATE DONATE AND DONATE!!!

YES WE CAN!!!

8. Mark Kahle

RJ, CA – You can donate all you want to McCain, after last night when he was officially nominated, he can't accept your money, oh too bad so sorry...he is already taking 85 million from all taxpayers, and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

guess I will have to courteract that and go make another donation of $250 bucks to Barack's campaign...heck I may even make one for my wife as well, and double it...lol...

DEMOCRATS 08!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08!! 12!!!

CLINTON 16!!! 20!!

9. donna

when will the republicans realize that times have changed, it is time for diplomacy; I would rather have someone like Sen. Obama who realizes this than someone like Sen. McCain- his attitude about Iraq is frightening – it will be another Viet Nam – our military dying for another country that was not at war with us and was not apart of the terrorism of September 11.

10. Debby

No wonder the economy is bad its all going into Obama's campaign. Then he preach's bad economy and you cult followers keep giving how dumb. hahaha

11. Robert Wooller from Bradford, England, UK

This is absolutely great news and I want to thank all those who donated to the Obama campaign. It shows that there heart and their wallets are in the right place. More importantly, it shows that they don't want four more years of suffering under the iron grip of McBush.

12. Shirley McDermott

Great Minds and all that. I too donated money to Obama's campaign this morning.

13. Joe in MN

Intelligence > Good Soldier > Trophy Mom

Obama – Biden 08'

14. Mama T

My $$$$ is on the way. From an independent voter who supported the real McCain back in 2000.

Go Obama/Biden!

15. FromSanJose

After Palin speech, MaCain/Palin ticket looks as scare as Bush and we know where Bush took this country to ... a world's laughing target and deep in debt. We may not know where Obama will take us to, but I am sure it will not be as divided as today. If you bothered to listen to Obama on DNC, he reaches out and try to find a middle ground for us ... reduce unwanted pregnancy, don't let AK14 fall into the hand of criminals. Even if you are pro-life or against gun-control, how can you say no to these. They make sense and is the only way to unite this country which we desperately need to make US strong again.

I donated to Obama right after Palin speech, this is the first time I did so and is how strong I felt that we must do something to bring this country to a united country and be able to lead again.

16. Frances

Wow a female Cheney, divisive, he also liked hunting too. DUCK!!!!

17. Selah Brown

I already donate to Obama regulary, but after reading so many of these hateful responses today...I'm donating more..right now.

Unity and Change – '08

18. Cameron

Thank you for Palin, John McCain!

HA! HA! HA! HA!

🙂

19. Jimmy O

just gave another $50 to Obama/Biden. Thanks for the venom Sarah Palin!

September 4, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  20. Unbelievable!

I LOVE it... I gave earlier today and I'm glad to know that others were moved to do so as well:)!

September 4, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  21. Sarah Bell, Cleveland OH

I gave one hundred dollars to Obama last night. Can't really afford it, but definitely can't afford one single day of more McBush/Cheney with lipstick. I must have accidently clicked twice or something because it charged me 200 dollars. I thought about clearing that up, but I thought about all the rich white people who probably will give to McCain after hearing Palin scare them away from the black guy.

September 4, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  22. kathy scioscia - phoenix

After reading all of your comments - I'm going to donate $10 more! This is fun!! Keep talking Palin!

First donation to Obama: $10
    Second donation to Obama: $10
    Pepto Bismol and Gas-X after watching Palin's speech: $12.39

Obama and Biden as next President and VP: Priceless!

September 4, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  23. Bryan - E-town, PA

Palin is like the Energizer bunny... keep her going, Dems keeps going 😉

September 4, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  24. Richard

sorry but im black and supported obama untill last night.... sarahs speach did it for me.. she made it so clear of who is really ready to lead this country. its hard for me because like me obama is an african american. But ths time thats not enough

Mccain/Plain 08

September 4, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  25. Terry

Whats wrong Obama people did Palin hurt your feelings!!!!!!!

I Love It