September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Jude, Boca, FL

This is why Obama is winnig this election cause they are so well organized and they have a vision for this country. This morning i went to FAU they were all over campus regitering voters. They got me today.

2. susie

Obama and the Democrats keep talking about how they are going to have affordable health insurance, college tutition, etc. WHY??? With the way the public is donating to his campaign, apparently, our economy is not that bad. People can afford to send money, lots of money, why does Obama need to give all these affordable services to the people. Why does he talk so much about the economy when it is apparent there is no problem? With this big boost in campaign funds, a majority of people have more money than they need.

3. Mark - California

Just because it's a woman here we go with attacking her what in the HELL do you think the republicans are doing to the Democrats? It's only attacking if we ask that she has more experience? PLEASE!!!!

4. Rachel, California

I didn't donate because of Palin... I donated to Obama because of Rudy Guiliani's heinous, disgusting speech. It was so vile, sarcastic, and rude. Keep those speeches coming Repubs... I'll keep donating to OBAMA.

5. Rick in chicago

hey .. was just wondering if you'd post my comment if I changed my name to Chi4Obama, since you obviously love posting multiple comments from that person ... on several threads.

6. selfemployed

gia September 4th, 2008 5:37 pm ET

This Tina Fey lookalike Rove in drag hit it out of the ballpark last night – if the task was to deliver teleprompter lines in the impeccable manner of a Fox news anchor to an adoring audience of low-IQ drones. Her jabs and almost pathologic sneer-with-a-smile delivery put the ‘palin’ in ‘appalling’ – with a missing piece, fittingly.
    LOW IQ'S RIGHT WERE THE ONES WITH ALL THE MONEY AND WERE STUPID. RIGHT I GOT IT NOW.

7. Teddy California

It seems McCain's campain strategy is to use Palin to rally the base (raise money too), speak to small town and blue collar workers. She will serve as the attack dog against Obama. It seems she is a very good attack dog, shooting at you while smiling at you.

In the meantime, McCain will then try to attract the independents and moderates and try to be less partisan and try to outline his vision for the future. You will find out that today and in the future soon. It will free McCain from the attacking dog role.

But it may not work because the media and maybe even common people are more interested in listening to Palin than McCain.

8. Karen

Great! I was worried that I was the only one.
    Seriously, I was for McCain until Palin was added to the ticket...

9. Jose

Feels good to know that I wasn't alone after hearing that speech.

10. David

It was sickening to watch as Palin was "hoed out" by the GOP last night. You could definitely hear the Karl Rove venom being spewed out of what seemed to be just a pretty puppet. Rather than selling herself on her own merits as I'm sure she was capable of doing she was "sold out" by her party. The acerbic one-liners played well to the "rank and vile" Republicans but will surely cost them in Nov. The voters want and deserve better!

11. Have to post Anonymously now

I gave $100 on Monday and another $100 this morning after wallowing in Rove's bile. So, I'm pleased that so many others saw fit to pony up as well.

And while all this money was flowing OB's way, the Dow took it in the shorts 325 points at closing. I guess The Street weighed in on Palin and didn't like what they saw, either.

Yeah, Sarah, keep showing your well-filed teeth!

12. tennisguypitt

Take that Palin!

Obama/Biden '08

13. Willcnnapprovethis?

lol Palin The best thing for the dems since Quayle and his Potatoe! Obama/Biden 08!

14. omanga

ithink what americans are expecting to here from tiz candidates,is what they will do if elected and not tearing each other down. we are tired and sick of tiz.

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  15. William Courtland

The interstate is the governor – the extrastate-international control is the Vice-presidents job – the extranational affairs is the real responsibility of the President as most consumer deals will occur and require such a level, the President of your nation should rule itself by creating treaties which may fuffill their agenda; you do not make a NASA without an Amendment, but you can get the navy to do it, or you can get the international society to hook you/your nation for it, so build a few satellites which photo the universe for roaving near-earth object from a two point perspective when orbiting the sun at a higher transit off the Sun's North and South poles.

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  16. mel from Ohio

Wonderful!!! Let her keep talking!!! or should I say screeching!!!

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  17. Poetic Justice

I am looking for my Visa card right now!

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  18. LouAnn

Yes! It's nice to know good things happen. This is what I hoped would happen for Obama. Way to go GOP!! Go Obama!!

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  19. Mac

everyone can get accustomed to sending him cash if he becomes president

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  20. Kim, New York

Just stopped in the middle of this article to give my $200. More to come on pay day!!!! Go Obama. We cannot have this nutjob religious extremist a heartbeat away from the presidency.

September 4, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  21. POST MY COMMENT CNN-BE FAIR!

Palin is a liar. She raised the sales and grocery tax to 2% in her town of Wasilla to pay for a hockey arena and then KEPT the MILLIONS of FEDERAL MONEY from the Bridge to Nowhere. She said no alright- only to it's construction- BUT KEPT ALL THE MONEY.

She is a fraud.

Please don't keep this in moderation. It makes me furious!

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  22. acspore

I'll give again too!!!!

Obama/Biden /08

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  23. Mary

This country is ready to move past sarcasm, mockery, double standards and scare tactics.

I'm going to join other Americans in making my voice heard on that by donating to Obama.

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  24. Women for Unity

Just sent in my donation too, the third one is as many days.

Keep up the good work Ms. Palin and I'll be happy to send in another. I felt like I was watching a really bad reality show last night, thankfully one that is slated for cancellation.

If the divisiveness doesn't do you and Mr. McCain in...your anti-health care, anti-women, anti-education, anti-family, anti-green, anti-free speech extremist policies will surely do the trick!

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  25. Richard

I sent $100 and dropped out of the Republican Party and went Independent instead. She scares the living you know what out of me..

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |