September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Quinn - Houston, Texas

Negativity won't work this time.

All we know about Sarah Palin is that she can read a hateful speech very well.

Forget the economy
    Forget health care
    Forget getting out of Iraq

All the GOP wants to do is bash Barack. How does that help voters looking for answers?

Obama/Biden 08!

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  2. Ex-Democrat

The money comes from the George Soros. He paid all punks to do the dirty works. Who cares???? You have money but you have no votes from people like us!

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  3. J.S.

Why must every headline be about Obama? Palin gave an excelent speech and the media can not stand for her to bask even 10 minutes But Obama basks 24/7? There are 2 candidates for President–not just one. Both need to talk more about real issues ...

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  4. I Am A Community Organizer and Sarah Palina - McSame Puppet, Hate Us Hard Working Proud Americans! - At Least I'm Not Pregnant At 17!!!!!

More money coming you way Obama!

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  5. Dave

So..... some of you say you were for Hillary, but now fully for McCain/Palin. News flash: If that is your mindset, you were never really FOR Hillary.

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  6. Ken in Dallas

Is the lip stick coming off this pit bull already?

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  7. Ohio: Samuel

If this is all that GOP is all about then count me out. Divisiveness, lack of message important to America, hardcore partisanship, etc. If you don't believe me, look at the diversity of their delegates and the messages coming from their convention. They attest to the facts.

September 4, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  8. Lefty (pitching, not politically)

They're going to need that money. Palin hit it out of the park.

9. Daisy

I match $5. i am a student.

10. Vic

Now, let's just boycott McCain speech tonight. The NFL first regular season game is tonight on ESPN; or you can do whatever else you want to. Let's Just boycott McCain speech and the last night of the republican convention.

Republican voting for Obama/Biden 08

11. Bob F

I read the headlines. So what's the fricking point? If folks have decided to give money to Obama, for whatever reason, go ahead. If he's elected, you might be used to giving him money by then, as he'll continue to get more and more from you in taxes. All those programs he professes are great, but where in the hell do you think he'll get the money to pay for them? Don't believe it? Just wait and see. Put aside your Democrat or Republican leanings and strip away the topical veneer of his plan. It will cost lots and lots and lots of money and he's not going to get it from the rich folks. Wake up folks or reap what you sow.

12. jfs Memhis, Tn

SYLVIA...............SYLVIA....................SYLVIA...............SYLVIA..........SYLVIA

You do not have anything to contribute anyway.........who are you trying to kid??? You are in job that probably is dead-end and yet you choose to vote for McCain and Palin who will keep you cemented there FOREVER............you might want to step back and revisit where you can go with proper leadership in this country.

13. anne

cnn has been doing nothing but put Obama supporters on all day. Is this bias . Jack Cafferty should just go ahead and wear an Obama button. Why are you running the no bias no bull across your screen.
    I know that you wont post this but will put it in to the other blogs, that are not so bias. You do know that you are at the repulican convention

14. Guinness

The thought of another 4 years of Republican ruled scared me into opening up my wallet. Ms. Palin and her minions can brag all they want about country and families first – they and their party are largely responsible with saddling future generations with debt and unpaid war bills.

15. selfemployed

YOU GUYS ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT DONATING 10 OR 20 OR 100 DOLLARS. WHAT A JOKE YOU ARE . DONATE SOME REAL MONEY IF YOU WANT TO ACT LIKE A BIG SHOT

16. sophia from NY

WHY am I not surprised!!! Listening to her and Rudy spewing their stuff last night, it was a knee-jerk reflex for me to go onto barackobama.com and donate. good to know 130,000 people felt the same way.

What a magnificient slap in the face for small-town Palin and the republicans who are using her. The pitbull MUST keep talking, and Obama will sail on to win the White House in November. Just wait and see.

OBAMA BIDEN 08

17. A Proud Democrat

After Palin's speech last night, where do I donate for Barak Obama's campaign?

18. Sophie

Even a dead chicken will bounce. The McCain/Palin "hysteria" will die down soon enough once voters realize the spin they've been spoonfed last night and tonight.

19. obama and biden are my men

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.IT IS TIME FOR DEMOCRATS TO SHOW REPUBLICANS WHAT REAL VALUES ARE.THOSE PEOPLE TALKING LAST NIGHT SHOW NO HONESTY NO LOVE AND NO RESPECT.THEY ONLY SHOW HATE AND DISHONESTY.NOTHING BUT LIES ON OBAMA WHICH I KNOW HE WILL WIN COME NOVEMBER,BECAUSE GOD IS IN CONTROL AND HE WILL PUT THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. CAN YOU PEOPLE SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES?REPUBLICANS ARE OLD AND WORN OUT AND DEMOCRATS ARE YOUNG AND ENERGETIC AND READY TO CONQUER THIS WORLD.LOVE YOU OBAMA/BIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Iowa for Obama

I gave my little pittance, $25, to Obama last night. It doesn't sound like much, but when you add that to the $25 all my friends gave, and the $25 my sister and each of my two brothers gave, and the $25 all their friends gave, it starts to add up to a bit of money. Many, MANY people have were turned off by the sarcasm and nastiness of the RNC last night.

21. Jim

Thank God! there's a public consciousness out there that is Proactive and it says "Hell no. We won't take it anymore" . The Democrats and independents are startled enough by the Republican hate speech to react not just with words but with money.
    Palin's speech was devoid of ideas and full of contemptuous and self righteous innuendo (typical Republlican blather) but it represented no solutions. If all the Republicans have to offer is divisiveness and haughtiness they will fail to gather the independent thinking voters who are going to tip this election in Obama's favor. I, for one, have had it with the Republican BS of the last 8 years.... Like Barry says "We're Better Than This"!

September 4, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  22. I Am A Community Organizer and Sarah Palina - McSame Puppet, H$ate Us Hard Working Proud Americans! - At Least I'm Not Pregnant At 17!!!!!

let the McShame puppet continue to spew her bigotry...more money coming your way Obama!!!

September 4, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  23. Obama/Biden Supporter from the Beginning and still going!!!

No not foreign funds... I am an American, my husband works for an American owned and operated company, and I am a SAHM mom and I donated to Obama's fund after watching Palin. And no we can't buy our way into the White House but it just goes to show how much support Obama has. It will be a sad day if McCain/Palin is elected into office. I don't need religion running my country anymore than the middle east needs it in theirs.
    Thanks but no thanks.... Obama 08

24. Jr, Maine

Black republicans don't have to vote for Barack, although it would be nice. Instead they can just recognize the fact that this man is going to make history, and already has.

Speaking of black, was there a black-out at the Repug Convention last night. Oh, I think tonight they're going to have someone sing, you know blacks are always good for entertainment, they think.

Obama/Biden 08

25. Phoenician, AZ

Yes, that remided me that I need to make another donation. – DONE!

Obama/Biden '08