September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. CM

lol, I knew this would fire up the DNC base as well. Now you're running on a fixed buget with public funding while we left the money in the bank and are raising our own.

Keep going guys. Who else but Obama to rake in off your party?

O/08

September 4, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  2. Lori

Dear PUMAS FOR PALIN - Obama defended her you idiot! Then they...the trashers last night...attacked him and his wife.

September 4, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  3. Lefty (pitching, not politically)

Dream on, Breck girl.

4. Jacqui

I couldn't imagine a christian being so downright mean and hypocritical. No wonder Christ's name is so blasphemed. Sad, very sad.

5. carol, NC

yes I will donate money today too to keep that Mrs and Mr Warmonger from getting in that white house

6. Lynn

THE POINT IS "For the People, by the People" SUPPORT OBAMA IN REJECTION OF the SAME OLD . BUNCHES OF US GET IT!!! We cannot even imagine who in their right mind would support not right in their minds GOP's!!

7. Andy in Seattle

I was one of them as well. GOP is divisive and shows no respect. They are arrogant and won't own up to their mistakes. They don't even talk about the issues hurting Americans the most. No plan on the economy, no energy plan, no support of equal rights, no upholding separation of church and state. The list goes on.

Obama/Biden 08!!

8. slc in ny

Wonderful! Having never contributed to a campaign, my wife and I contributed three or four tiimes during the primary and since he won the primary we were leaving the main election to the big guys and their big bucks, but I guess we little guys will have to get back in there again to prevent this "hypocritical mismatched alliance" from going to the White House.

An aside, I cannot believe that Dr. Dobson sanctioned Sarah Palin to be a candidate with so many personal family issues for VP and the pregnant daughter on stage with her boyfriend....what message is America sending to the youth of America and the world.

9. pj451

Just sent Obama another $250, !!
    GOBama!

10. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

Ha, ha, ha, ha. McCain's surprise has backfired financially!

11. Johanna

“Only in Republican America would a black man with a law degree from Harvard, 12 years in politics, four years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and manager of one of the most impressively flawless and forward thinking presidential campaigns ever not be ready for the presidency while a white female evangelical with 19 months in national politics and a bachelors in journalism is considered ‘ready on day one’.”

12. NoMcCain

The beauty queen will never be more than a runner-up...get used to it.

September 4, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  13. I Am A Community Organizer and Sarah Palina - McSame Puppet, H$ate Us Hard Working Proud Americans! - At Least I'm Not Pregnant At $7!!!!!

Hello....more money to the banks of Obama!

14. Michelle

I'm a Hillary supporter turned Obama donor last night.

MCCAIN---CAN'T----JUST----CHANGE----THE----SKIRT---–AND----EXPECT---–TO----GET----MY----WHITE----FEMALE----VOTE!

What an insult!

I can't WAIT to here the response from HRC - I'm sure she'll wait until the perfect time to do it, but when she does, Sarah PAWNlin will be sorry she ever referred to her as a "whiner".

OBAMA/BIDEN '08!

15. Obama's Pitbull

i just got paid... Kevin Kris I matched your $100!!!!

Anybody want to match me?

16. JT from TN

130,000 and $8 million can do a lot of damage to the republicans. Isay we mock them like they mocked O'bama. So for starters umm...Is this a govenor or a 10th grader?

17. sara, az

Our house has lost 40% of its value in the past 8 months in McCain's home state and I'm working 2 jobs to make ends meet. We can no longer get a home equity loan because we now owe what the house is worth. In another few weeks, I suspect we'll be upside down on our mortgage.

Despite these tight times, I just donated $50 to Obama's campaign because of Palin's speech and the total disgust I feel toward Republicans and their lies, smears, negativity and fear-mongering tactics.

As one blogger put it: the difference between Palin and a pit bull is that a pit bull doesn't need lipstick to be beautiful.

56 y.o. white woman and mother in Purple AZ voting for Obama/Biden.

18. Tremend18

Thanks for the news, i just donated to help reach the 10 million!!!!!!!

BARACK N ROLL BABY

19. The Truth Always Hurts and Offends Liberals

Heavens.............liberals are running scared! ! Eat your hearts out liberals....we have AWESOME LEADERS IN JOHN MCCAIN AND SARAH PALIN! Mortgage/sell your homes and sell all you have to raise money for Obama as you're going to need it!

20. Johnny Rivera

haha, Obama raises money because people realized, he's in trouble now. Lets send Obama straight back to Chicago to do some more community organizing!

McCain Palin 08!

September 4, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  21. I Am A Community Organizer and Sarah Palina - McSame Puppet, H$ate Us Hard Working Proud Americans!!!!

more money coming............

22. Michelle

It doesn't matter how well someone can read a teleprompter and spew the message of hatred, the corrupt Republican Party has to go.

September 4, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  23. Tara

i am heading right now!

Obama/Biden 2008!!

September 4, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  24. DeGee

I'm not surprised. Once again the RNC offers up one divisive 'Us vs. Them' speech after another while they whip their attendess into a hate-filled frenzy. When they started the "Drill Baby Drill" chant last night I felt like I was looking in on some kind of a fanatical cult.

They somehow seem to forget that the 'them' they criticize so vehemently make up more that half of the electorate.

They talk a big talk but they don't really say much but, "We're right, they're wrong" although they don't back that up with any facts.

I hope we show up at the polls in big enough numbers this time to put a stop to this at least til 2012 when unfortunately it will start all over again.

September 4, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  25. jessy

WHERE IS HILLARY CLINTON? I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO FIGHT FOR HEALTH CARE AND JOBS, BUT I GUESS SHE IS PUTTING TOGETHER HER CAMPAIGN FOR 2012!

September 4, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |