September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Mad as a mother.....Dem

yeah i can believe it because she didnt make any valid points all she did was make sarcastic statements which everyone knows wasn't true.

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  2. andrea

I gave $50.00 dollars, I'm happy to know that I was not the only person that felt the need to do so.

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  3. Ed, FL

That what i tought because the speech was so divisive, i was expecting her to come across as a reformer as she claims to be not a pitt bull. Unfortunately, my comment did not get posted.

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  4. Rita

That's sad!!! The republican's so called christain VP is helping the Obama/Biden Campaign. LOL!!!

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  5. LOL

Add John McForgets-a-lots speach and Obama will hit 20 million by friday.

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  6. Ian

The RNC doesn't stand a chance.

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  7. Steve

Sarah Palin told ministry students at her former church that the United States sent troops to fight in the Iraq war on a "task that is from God."
    "Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

This way they don't have to take responsibility and can blame God.

Got to love it! This is your pick?

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  8. RJ, CA

I love PIT BULL women. WE get things done — always have, always will — with or without lipstick!

And I LOVE men who love them!

Wonder how long it will take O-blah-blah to call her "Annie Oakley," as he did Hillary Clinton!

After tonight - the McCain camp will far exceed the $8 million Obama raked in! And I'm one who'll make sure of that by contributing - again!

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  9. Ex-Republican for Obama

Ha ha ha!!

Is it odd that the GOP totes her as the most popular governor in the US, when it appears to me more people in the us hate her then any other Governor in the US? Oh that's right, it only counts in her COUNTRY of Alaska with it's HUGE population of people that like her.

What kind of math are the republicans using there? Perhaps it's that kind of math that leads them to think the Economy is in GREAT shape?

September 4, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  10. S-Man

LOL Palin!!! I knew that was coming when you denigrated the community organizers. You need to learn to show some respect to others.

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  11. NY Dem

Sounds great!! I'm going to donate my $10 right now!

Palin is nothing but an opportunist.

Did she actually say..Special needs moms to have a friend in the white house?? That is all well and good but is she running for 1st Lady?!?! Tell me what you're going to say to the president of Iran, or Russia.. Tell me what you're going to do when you are face to face with Putin, Medvedev, etc. She is a JOKE!

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  12. mlm56

this is just poetic justice!

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  13. Tim

I contributed and an proud of it. Palin's speach only served to further rally the Democrats!! And from the hot mike incident, it appears the Repubs have a unity problem!!!!

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  14. Paul

What a typically biased headline. I have never been as convinced of the media's bias towards their savior Barack Obama as I have in the past week as they have attacked Sarah Palin in a frenzy. Conservatives have talk radio, and liberals have...everything else.

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  15. sety

Awesome. Incredible. Fantastic. Everytime, Republicans make stupid remarks, I always have the urge to donate more to Senator Obama's campaign.

Obama/Biden 08.

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  16. Spin Masters

I donated $100 this morning! Whatever it takes... I cannot bear to see this hypocritical republican ticket win. The more Palin talks and lies the more money the Obama campaign gets!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008!

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  17. LOL

THANKS SARAH : )

September 4, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  18. IndependentThinker, NY

count on me baby
    I am sending $100 right now
    Enough is enough

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  19. Breck

I lol'd hard. Nice pick McCain.

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  20. Graham

I am also going to donate to that amount in few moments.

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  21. Ian

That would be the community organizers responding...

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  22. ralph

looks like that Palin, like Hillary, is a polarizing figure. She exites both the conservative base for McCain and the liberal base for Obama. If Obama had picked Hillary, the Conservative base would have been excited by her.

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  23. tren

I'm donating as soon as I get home from work!!

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  24. Dan

Give him your money people. Once he's president and his tax increases take effect, you'll be wishing two things. One, that you had back all that donation money and Two, that you had voted republican. Your his crutch now just like he'll be yours in a couple months. Under a Barack Obiden gov... they'll break both your legs, give you two crutchs and hope you'll never walk again without their help.

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  25. Obama is my Hero

Barack Obama has my money and i feel it was well spent

September 4, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |