September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. No Way, No How, NObama

Funny, Palin didn't say anything we hadn't heard for Clinton and Biden.

PUMA!!!

2. Hillary

What a bunch of hypocrites! The Dems thrashed the Republicans all week last week and now they are upset because they are getting bashed this week.

3. Mike - Maryland - Former Republican

I gave first thing this morning. After watching the new "republican" shining star Sarah (force my moral values down your throat) Palin give her spew/speech.

There are not many of us real republicans left but just to refresh, we believe in small government, BALANCED budget, less intervention in private lives and war if necessary to protect the United States (not business, not Israel, not GWB's honor).

done now

4. Independent99999

Republicans are TOAST in this election. Period.
    Palin's written speech could have been delivered more capably by me. And it does not make me a VP candidate

5. Marcus

Wasn't Sarah Palin pregnant at the time she got married. Check the facts. Her son, Track, was born 8 months after the wedding. It seems she, like her daughter, ignored the "abstinence only" philosophy she has been touting. How hypocritical!

6. Dustin

RJ, CA,

Your wait is over, she's Annie Oakley. There, you can go back to calling us whiners.

Obama/Biden 08

7. Kay

I am sending in $50!

Why is it that Vanessa Williams was dethroned for NUDE pics from Miss America, and not Sarah Palin running for VP?

8. maynard hopkins wi

HOG WASH HOG WASH HOG WASH HOG WASH HOG WASH

ANOTHER OF HIS WISHFUL THINKING PLANS

9. prairieguy

Hey stupid PUMA for Palin...as of tonight your silly pathetic McShame CANNOT fund raise as he accepted public funding of $85 million...gee dont' you know what is going on...oh wait...you're a PUMA!!!

You belong with him!

10. Ledia

I donated 15.00. Not much but proud of it

11. Democrat

I was a Hillary supporter that was going to vote for McCain after she was snubbed by Obama but there is no way I can bring myself to vote for McCain/Palin. I am a proud Liberal and these people are just like Bush.

12. Texico From Mexico

I can't afford it and have already given 800 Dollars since Jan, but guess what...because of that hate filled speech that would have made Hitler proud I just donated 300.00 dollars! And depending on how tonight goes I just might throw in 200.00 more!

Oh and all you Republicans...I think you would have voted for Hilter if he said he was a Republican.

And Veterans...you better wake up before you end up in another war we don't belong in. You think we would have learned from Vietnam!

Veterans For Obama

13. Money just sent

Thanks Hockey Mom! I have just donated to Barack. Keep up the good work!

14. VIRTUAL $$$

LIARS

15. Proud Woman from Texas

JUST GOT PAID TODAY....Can't wait to pay my bills and include a donation to the Obama/Biden Ticket!!

CHALLENGE TO ALL WOMEN OF TEXAS:
    Match my $15 and give to Obama/Biden Campaign!!
    If you don't have that much, give what you can afford....

16. br1 IN

Does it count if my kid plays football instead of hockey?

17. Peter of Oregon

Dang I wasn't aware of the drive! Gonna make that donation before McCain steps up on that podium.

18. Lori

And another thing...anyone else notice the "Hot VP" buttons people were wearing last night? I don't want to hear one word of "sexism" coming from them!

I was sick after watching...and I am a republican...who is voting for Obama/Biden!

19. Dexter

Ever since he choose Palin, I haven't been able to stop smiling.

McCain handed the presidency to Obama.

Take your speech that you gave to a half-filled arena back to Alaska. All you did last night was show the world how hateful and desperate the republicans are.

20. Nate Hussein

PUMA's For PALIN
    I thought she was awesome. After a week of Obama trashing her, her family and her daughter I was inspired by her heart

Obama never said a word about her, until she started trashing him. He's been very gratious towards her. But I guess another lie doesn't matter. Think about it PUMA, vote Palin in now and give her that extra edge she needs to beat Hillary in 2012, real smart strategy there.

21. ANAG LOS ANGELES, CA

Looks like they did the dems some good

22. I am not rich but will donate to

Barack Obama.

23. danielo

Every time I watch a republican stand up and start the POW THING! I says,

NO! NOT ALL OVER AGAIN! Hurts my ears like a broken record.
    Do they have anything else to tout for McCain

24. Tutti

I listened with an open mind last night and felt disgusted after her speech. Though I reached my personal budget for donating to Obama over the last 6 months, I couldn't resist sending another $40 after hearing that woman. She should be ashamed of herself on so many levels.

Oh and for the record, I'm single, 42 year old Female, Caucasion, Jewish, Office Manager at Hedge Fund, PTA Treasurer and Hockey Mom, Mother of a 17 Year Old Daughter who IS NOT sexually active and a person who RESPECTS and ADMIRES Community Organizers and against killing animals solely for recreational pleasures.

25. jack

Let's face it most white (and some non-white) Republicans and Democrats against Obama have two fears...that if Obama is President he will 1). enslave the whites in this country as were done by whites to blacks and 2.) appropriate the women. The vanquished becoming the victors syndrome. That's the real fear of racists. This means giving up all the goodies of being 'entitled' as awhite person. The time worn U.S. mantra that the most unqualified, base, uneducated, ignorant, white person is far better than the most qualified person non-white. That's a hard habit to break. It's in the DNA of this country and easily transferred to everyone as long as they're not black.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23