September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Ian from BROOKLYN, NY

HA HA AH HA HA HA HA HA. Good prize for a bunch of hot air.

September 4, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  2. Leslie

Not exactly small change! I guess we can thank Palin for something!!

September 4, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  3. Shavon

Im one of those who donated listening to that spech last night made me sick to my stomach...

September 4, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  4. FLARTIST

LAST NIGHT SHOWED THE EXTREME RADICAL PART OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. THIS WOMAN IS NUTS..MCCAIN IS SENILE...AND THE WHOLE NIGHT WAS SLAM OBAMA...DID ANYONE HEAR ONE THING THEY WOULD DO TO IMPROVE THE SAD STATE OF THIS COUNTRY...WHICH OF COURSE THEY HAVE BEEN IN CHARGE OF FOR THE PAST 8 YRS.! KARL ROVE STATED IT BEST ON MEET THE PRESS WHY SHE ISNT QUALIFIED...AND BILL O'REILLY SLAMMED JAMIE SPEARS MOM ABOUT LETTING HER DAUGHTER GET PREGNANT...HYPOCRITE...DIVISIVE...AND ANTI-AMERICAN. DEMS WILL FIGHT BACK AND HIT BACK HARD! ALL IS FAIR GAME NOW...GO OBAMA

September 4, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  5. Debby

Whats money if people don't vote for the ticket come Nov. How can you even vote a ticket when your VP doesn't think you are qualified enough for the job. Obama can raise all the money he wants but the money can't buy him the election.

September 4, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  6. Chitown Jason

Yup. The first thing I thought after the speech was that I need to donate to the Obama campaign again. We can't risk Palin or McCain in the White House.

My $25 will be shipped as soon as I get home from work tonight.

September 4, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  7. Me!

Mister Anderson,
    I will see your $10 tonight and tomorrow and raise you $10!

8. JDOD

Thank you Gov. Palin, keep talking- So that Senator Obama 's campaign raises more money. Keep the money rolling! OBAMA/BIDEN 08

9. McPALIN

JACK POT, CHING CHING

THE REAL CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN. NOW THATS PATRIOTIC. I ALWAS KNEW THE AMERICANS ARE SMARTER NOW THAN EVER.

10. 68 year young man

Panicky aren't they ! They think money is an antidote?

11. Observer

Sarah Palin sure fired up the base–The Democratic base, that is.

12. Holly from Minnesota

My husband have been donating to the Obama campaign every night of the RNC, and my parents are doing the same!

13. elle

delicious 😀

14. Lance

$25 from me. Cheap price to make a point.

15. Sally

You'd better believe it! I donated last night and will do so again just as soon as McCain finishes HIS boring hate speech!

16. gary jennings

BIG DEAL. JUST REMEMBER .WHAT GLITTERS IS NOT ALWAYS GOLD. THINK ABOUT YOU O.B. SUPPORTERS AND HATERS.

17. Jeanne

And I am one of the 8 million !!

18. Lisa

Sarah Palin didn’t earn this, this was handed to her on a silver platter simply because she’s a woman! John McCain is obviously using her for his purpose. And I don’t know what her motives are for accepting. Sarah Palin is not Hillary Clinton, Hillary has earned this right! Hillary will be the first woman for President in 2012 she represent so much more than Palin could ever bring. Palin can not talk Hillary’s place in the hearts of the people and work she has fought so hard for.

19. texas DEM

why isnt obama's money buying him victory in the polls?

CLINTON SUPPORTERS FOR MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  20. Heidi, IN

Thank you Sarah, your rhetoric and high screechy voice did something after all. Your sarcastic and snarly remarks helped us–you are truly serving your country well.

Keep up the good work at the convention, the rest of the country hates your guts, but the far right wing loves you.

Obama/Biden 08

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  21. JUAN C AR LOS

F A R-–M O R E--–T H A N--–T H A T--–F I G U R E----

F O R--- H E R---S T A T U R E--–S H E " S-–W I N N I N G--

A R G U M EN T---S H E' S---M O R E---Q U A L I F I E D--–

T H A N---O B A M A---W H I L E---O B A M A--L O O K I N G-

A T ---T H E-–L I G H T S--L I K E-–F R O Z E N--–D E E R

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  22. Big D

I'm not surprised. I talked to so many people today that were just outraged at the blatant lies and unwarranted slams on Obama last night. I can't believe so many people there clapped and cheered – it was all just depressingly negative. Who's Palin to be so contemptuous of Obama? If he and his ideas are so sneeringly awful, then what's her solution? Where's her plan? What would she do differently? What would she do that's better? What are her own ideas (Obama writes his own speeches!)? And how can she claim to be so righteous when she spread so many lies and distortions last night? I hope this does lead to a big swing to Obama. McCain made a rash decision to pick Palin, and I am more appalled by her every day,

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  23. Ramesh Shrestha

Right on! Hey, I have got one of those emails from Obama campaign. I am gonna contribute $25 tonight. It will go on and go on and go on.

Go ObamaBiden 08.

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  24. lisa

We, the "community organizers" are even more energized! We are knocking on doors and calling on our community members to start marching for Obama. We are FIRED UP AND READY TO GO!

Obama for President!

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  25. jfs Memhis, Tn

Way to go Obama !!!!!!!!!!! It's not to late to join the train at the station !!!! It is just departing and less than 60 days to go !!!!!!!!!! Sara and John the American people will not settle for deceit and negativism.We are going to take our country back INSPITE of the Republicans!!!

September 4, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |