September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. qwerty

good job Barack!

2. AKRON, OHIO HILLARY SUPPORTER

BIDEN ATTACK PALIN NICE AND SWEET. DO NOT LET HER MAKE YOU GUYS LOOK LIKE WIMPS. CAUSE YOUR NOT

3. VDAL

Just made a $100 donation to Obama.

Thanks Palin for showing what is important for the country..

4. Brad

The speech was pathetic. At least not I know who she is: a blowhard with no substance. Perfect fit for the GOP.

5. OBAMA SUPPORTERS PLEASE WAKE UP

God Bless Our Souls If Obama Wins This Election!!!!!!!
    I can't believe so many people can be so stupid.
    If Obama wins this country is history.
    Please wake up before its too late.

6. Franco

Keep on bashing the Dems you pompous Elephants! It's only making them stronger!

History will be made in November!!

Obama/Biden 2008!!!

7. Janet, TN

Okay, Eskimos, pregnant teenagers, shot-gun weddings, spit cleaned babies–it was a circus last night.

Thank God the rest of the country get it. I'm not surprised Barack is making more money. I took one look at Sarah the cheerleader, and said where's my checkbook.

Obama/Biden 08

8. No More Mistakes

After hearing Palin's speech , I was so scared for this country. I decided to donate to the Obama campaign. I didn't realize others thought the same way. thats GREAT! I made the mistake to vote for Bush once. I'm not making the mistake again.

9. John, FL

What does the Republicans have against Americans funding a campaign? That's right.. it's anti-establishment. Obama isn't a gimmick and he's not going away. Hopefully this will send a message.

10. Grant

We must be slacking...I'll send more tonight.

11. janine

I also donated money to the Obama campaign. Unless McCain in his address tonight says that he is ending the Iraq occupation then he will not get my vote. With the economy the way it is we should not be spending $10.3 billion a month on this especially when Iraq has a money surplus.

12. Obama/Biden 08

The irony... the irony...

Well, what did Palin expect? She seems like she's going to be the biggest contributor to rallying the Democratic base, lmao.

13. Old white lady for Obama

Every time the Republicans say or do something especially despicable I mail in a small donation to the Obama campaign. At this rate I could be bankrupt before Election Day.

14. McKen's Barbie Collection

You complain about your boss not doing his job. You notice he's only working to fatten his pockets with big oil payoffs. He fights all the time with the smaller companies instead of the bigger company that has hurt him the most . Your have not received a raise and you may lose your job because the boss is now outsourcing the jobs. You are about to lose your home. The boss has so many houses he can't count them. The company you work for has not turned a profit in years and has low approval ratings. The boss distributes a company wide memo that reads " I really don't know much about the economy." You have put up with his bullying ways for eight long years. Finally your work contract is ending with your boss. As you think about your family's future you ask yourself "Should I continue working for this creep or should I CHANGE employers? ".

It's that simple America. It's time for a change and YOU know it.

Have you kissed your moose today?

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  15. Independent from FL

OOOhh Obama's base is MAD... maybe feeling a little threatened?McCain/Palin 08 .... Hilary 2012
    If people vote for race over experience, that I choose to vote gender over experience.

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  16. Lisa

Sarah Palin. How can someone who claim to have so much to offer take the lowest road possilbe!

McPalin just committed POLITICAL SUICIDE yoking up with McSame and McBush. What a waist no one will ever trust her after this!

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  17. Ed-Florida

Her speech was impressive to the Reps but she didn't talk about the issues. That is why people donated all this money to Obama, because they want real change. Add me to the list of donors.....

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  18. shaik

Repugs need to learn that "trash talk" (with lipstick or not) does not work outside of Bubba-ville! It will now be knows as the "speech to nowhere!"

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  19. Rebecca, North Carolina

Wow...she's making me all sentimental for George W... HIS ratings are definitely going to go UP after Sarah is finished with us. She's going to make Katrina look like a birthday party.

I never thought I'd hear a worse orator than George W. Bush, but along comes Sarah Palin! Can't the Republican's force these people to join Toastmasters or something??

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  20. David

someone is scared....

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  21. Military Man

When John McCain is elected will we send all our young men to die in Iran next? Really tells my generation what McCain, Republicans, and this country really thinks of us

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  22. Rodger

To see her venom, hate and lies, will do more for fundraising.
    Thanks, Sarah

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  23. Andrea

I just donated. Way to go Palin! Got me fired up!

Obama/Biden '08

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  24. Paul from Ohio

Proud post-speech donor! OBAMA / BIDEN '08!!!

September 4, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  25. OBAMA SUPPORTER IN IOWA

IT'S ON MCCAIN!! I contributed first thing this morning. I hate that this election is costing so much but when I think of the price we've paid for the last 8 years, I'll gladly give up my lunch money each week.

September 4, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |