September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/04/art.money.gi.jpg caption="The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech. "](CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. Martin

Yep, I was one of the donors,lol! I thought with this much BS I can only counter by donating for Obama in order to make sure that this crazy person does not make it into the white house!

September 4, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  2. bill m

i donated 15$ last night after Palin's spiel. Its like voting ahead of time.

September 4, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  3. Dandelion.

I just donated some more!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

September 4, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  4. Sel

I totally start disliking her. I am woman and an independent and would vote for Obama

September 4, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  5. McWhine

Add two in that figure. My wife and I just made our campaign donation to Obama/Biden.

September 4, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  6. msclguru

Oopsie...in energizing the Republicans, might she have accidentally energized the Democrats too?

7. Enlightened Voter

I was one! The repuglicans are evil, hate filled, divisive, negative. I guess miss 'lipstick' fits right in perfectly with their evil agenda. I love this! Goes to show Americans aren't as stupid as the repugs think they are! You go americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Melanie, Tampa FL

I love it! They bash him and HE gets donations. Just proves that old saying that God "doesn't like ugly", (and she was down right ugly last night), is true. Neither does most of America. Sara Palin doesn't know the meaning of "play nice", yet that's what she expects from everyone else. I hope the Pit Bull is ready to put her money where her mouth is or she just might get her lipstick and her chain yanked good.

9. Charlie Black

Sarah Palin is a risky and disasterous candidate, WE EVEN DO NOT KNOW WHERE THIS COUNTRY WILL GO IF SHE IS ELECTED….

And I was one of those 130,000 donors!

10. Michael in Cedar Rapids

I just donated $100. You should too! It's not happening this year Repubicans!! HAHAHAHA!! Who would've known that a "hockey mom" could've brought down the MACHINE!!!!!!!!

OBAMANUT!! AT HEART!!
    YES WE CAN AMERICA!!

11. Brandon

I just contributed also. As another commenter said above - keep running that mouth hockey mom. Everytime you take a swipe at Obama somebody somewhere is listening and ready to donate to Obama's campaign.

12. a supporter of Hillary

good. This rude woman got her answer. now she learns how to talk.

Obama/Biden 2008

13. Ardnuas

This is the BEST news...... thank you SMART VOTERS..... Palin is a hand puppet of Karl Rove. She says and does what THEY TELL HER TO DO. Now they are trying to STALL the investigation regarding TROOPERGATE.

September 4, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  14. Morals and Values for sale!

I dropped a GRAND! I'm almost at my $2300. Gotta put some in my SON's name.

15. mama4obama

Going to squeek out a few more bucks to Obama myself. We just cannot afford more of the same...and Palin fits right in with the cronies that have been running this country into the ground.

16. Not Swaying anymore!

I am porud to be one of those donors. 1st thing this morning I got out of bed and I donated to Sen. Obama's campaign! Now we just have to get out and vote. Encourage our friends and families to go and vote for Change.

17. jos-bam

Me and 5 of my friends are among the donors...Palin,keep on talking ,keep on insulting ,keep on joking !!!
    After Mc Cain speech i'am sure Obama will get more than 15 millions $.....ahahaha ....lol

18. margeaux

yeah, a barking pit bull is great advertisement for mussel sales!

19. steves

I thought Palin's speech was great. In fact I was so motivated that I donated $1,000 to Obama this morning.

20. The GOP is too Old!

Oh is there another Ku Klux Klan rally, I mean convention tonight?

21. NotFallingInLine.org

Don't know how much the Obama campaign wasted on those styrofoam Greek columns for his selection acceptance speech, but it wasn't worth it.

Each time Obama speaks he just proves more and more how out of touch he is with average Americans.

The leaders of the Democratic Party have failed us.

HILLARY CLINTON 2012

22. Nag

Thank God for America's favorite Hockey Mom.

Keep Talking Aunty Sarah

September 4, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  23. leapfrog

I want to give some to Obama! I haven't given any before to any candidate ever (and I'm 45 years old), but here's a man where I feel it's the best investment in the future I could ever make.

September 4, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  24. GA for Obama

Supporters unite! Donate $10 to the campain RIGHT NOW to show our raceion to McCain and Palin

September 4, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  25. Mary

Ms. Palin should give a speech every nite until the election!!!

September 4, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |