September 4th, 2008

'Real World' star gives her reality-check on Palin

Former reality star Rachel Campos-Duffy at the CNN Grill during the Republican National Convention.

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) – “Now we have a race,” Rachel Campos-Duffy said of McCain’s “excellent choice” for vice president, Sarah Palin.

The ‘Real World’ reality star and Republican activist was dining at the CNN Grill Wednesday evening with her three-month old newborn in tow. Campos-Duffy, like Palin, is a mother of five.

“I think before, maybe we could’ve won, but I think that now we have a real, really good shot at it. I really do,” Campos-Duffy said of Palin on the ticket.

“I don’t really have a lot in common with Hillary Clinton. I have a heck of a lot more in common with this woman, and I think that most people I know, Democrat or Republican, would say the same thing.”

The conservative blogger, a frequent contributor to a parenting site, says 17-year-old Bristol Palin’s decision to have her baby only puts a “stamp on [the family’s] pro-life credentials.”

“They say that pro-choice is sort of the women’s position, but I think that women’s positions on choice are really softening,” Campos-Duffy said. “When [women] have had 40 ultrasounds, had babies, and seen spina bifida operations done in utero, I think there’s a lot more softening about women’s decisions.”

Duffy is married to fellow “Real World” alum, Sean Duffy, now a Republican delegate from Wisconsin. Oh, if you are wondering, Rachel starred in Season Three, "Real World San Francisco."

1. Ex-Republican for Obama

Now that is funny. Her opinion really matters!!!

September 4, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  2. Michael in Houston

Okay and who cares about some reality T.V. brainless goof! Don't you have another cat fight to start. Shudduppp!

September 4, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  3. Carmon Minneapolis MN

Who????????

September 4, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  4. PALIN PUMA

I agree with everything exept Hillary.

PALIN POWER

September 4, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  5. Cindy

Hey Rachel don't speak for me. Sarah showed her tacky, ultra conservative side and any woman that has a handle on the real issues that women face would never vote for this, good old boys wanna-be!!!!!!!!!!

September 4, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  6. WhoIsPalin?

CNN this is not newsworthy however wouldn't mind one of your Polls,,,

September 4, 2008 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  7. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Hi,

If you call this a race then it is a race of the same old policies versus new ideas to change and better all our lives! Women are not buying the past eight years stand on various policies. And the stand on abortion is not softening! The government has no business in my personal right to choose...That dream ticket is the same old ticket of not being part of real people's life and daily struggles since they do not offer any new ideas and solutions..but they do offer attacks! The same old Bush/ McCain and now Palin team is the same : they are not part of our kitchen table solutions and the arrogance to even think that they have the right to my bedroom!

September 4, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  8. b Jiggy

who????

September 4, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  9. Sage Bill

Amazing that Obamabots are rushing to their computers to cry foul today. Poor Barack. His feelings were hurt by....THE TRUTH. The hoax is over. The pretty boy is going down, hard.

September 4, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  10. John in Ohio

What stunning political commentary we have from Pat Boone and a "Real World" star.

September 4, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  11. vince

I googled Rachel Campos-Duffy and I still don't recognize her. What happen? Jon Voight not available for an interview?

September 4, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  12. Concerned INDEPENDENT CT voter

Whos the celebrity now?

-V

September 4, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  13. DJ

This woman is trash

September 4, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  14. Lin lin

Hey Rachel; didn'ty u also have pre-marital sex with Puck ewwwwwwwwwww

What wold you knwo about the average American losing their home and jobs to China . Last reunion I saw of u ; u had 4 kids and a lawyer husband and apeared online doing fashion advise stuff. you do not represent most of America

September 4, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  15. Kansas City

It's sad that people believe petty, mean spirited people get away with being inappropriate, disrespectful and vulgar simply by identifying themselves as 'tough' 'no-nonsense' or 'maverick'. Anyone . . . ANYONE can stand up and be rude, insulting, and condescending–spewing venomous hatred at those who don't their viewpoint. A true leader speaks insightfully–with words or hope, promise, and action. She is indeed trash.

September 4, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  16. Concerned Citizen, IN

God, ex-Real World stars never go away do they? This is as bad as whats-her-face getting a seat on "The View" because she was on Survivor and is married to a football player.

September 4, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  17. Anonymous

I can't even come up with a clever comment for this one.

September 4, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  18. Anonymous

This is for all of you women that say you can "identify" with Palin. I'm sure that you're telling the truth when you say she's just like your neighbor next door, or your respect her as being a mother and a soccer mom, But come on!!!!!! I have those same truth's about myself!!!! But HELL!!!!!! I Can't run this country because of it!!!!! This is a BIG mistake!!!!!

September 4, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  19. Ex-PUMA 4 Obama

Fool, I will not allow the government to tell me what I can and can't do without my body. The government doesn't own me. Therefore, the government cannot and will not tell me what I can do with my body.

Oh, and by the way, Palin is NO HILLAY CLINTON......and never will be.

September 4, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  20. leapfrog

Where's the beef? Remember that catchphrase from the Regan era? This so applies to the GOP convention. Where's the beef? I didn't hear any solutions from Nanook of the North, or the Arizona Kid's henchmen. They are patently attacking the Democratic candidates because if they were to stick with issues, they'd be slammed to the concrete. The American people are sick to death with the economy, the war, health care, veteran's rights...all problems squarely in the imbecile from Crawford's lap. So next time Palin, McCain or any of the other GOP cronies pipe up with something about Obama or Biden, ask them "WHERE'S THE BEEF?".

September 4, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  21. Howdy

I hope you all can see that she is an angry woman. She's trying to be tough in front of all the old white men at the convention. It's not that women can't have careers and children too, but you have to be able to know what your priorities are. Right now, her family should be her priority. Her daughter is obviously crying out for attention and her little baby boy needs definite attention. She needs to take care of her own house first and then she can claim to know how to help mine!

September 4, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  22. Have to post Anonymously now

Okay… another big Republican celebrity gun! Wow! They just keep dazzling.

September 4, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  23. Charlie Black

Real World star, who cares!

Jesus was a community organizer, Pontius Pilate was a governor!!!!!

September 4, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  24. Joe

The thing about choice is that a woman can choose to keep the baby. The problem with the no-choice crowd is that they don't take the responsibility for their forcing the decision on the woman by raising the child. Thus, it is an immoral doctrine.

September 4, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  25. Toni

What would a Dem have in common with her besides the fact the she is a woman?

If they have anything in common with her, then they were just for Hillary because she is a woman, and not the issues

They couldnt be farther apart on the issues

September 4, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |