September 4th, 2008

Ridge, Graham and Mrs. McCain to speak Thursday night

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) - Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Cindy McCain will all have significant roles in the lead up to Sen. John McCain’s speech Thursday evening when he will formally accept the Republican presidential nomination.

Graham is one of McCain’s closest friends in the Senate, while Ridge was said to be on the Arizona senator’s short list of vice presidential prospects.

1. Helene

Who cares ? I have had enough with the pit bull. I'll be watching the House and Garden channel.

September 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  2. the real Abby

Yeah thanks for that…I think I’ll wash my hair instead.

September 4, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  3. Open Your 3rd Eye

More of the MUPPETS from Sesame Street will be on stage tonite.

Yippy.

THE MUPPETS TAKE MINNESOTA

September 4, 2008 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  4. Lorna, NY

Who cares what Cindy has to say. She is an abused wife. I wonder which hand will be wearing a brace tonight.

September 4, 2008 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  5. Filipina

Graham will speak tonight,,,,calling us again a whiner. You Republican people making me sick. What will Barbie has to say????

Obama/Biden

September 4, 2008 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  6. Realistic

Two old men and a Beer Princess, offering hope to the Country Club Christians and the rest of the Pharisees .....

September 4, 2008 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  7. Bulldog

Great. Now we get to here about POW story at 2 more times after it's already been told at least 5 times in the last 2 days. I'm getting sick of this story. Great. While all of our military should be honored for their service they are making a mockery out of it and making a political stunt. John McCain, according to Palin, is the only one who has ever fought for the American people. BS. Obama could have went to Wall Street a decade ago to make the big $ but chose to fight for needy people in Chicago for chump change. These people are sick for making a mockery out Obama's great story.

September 4, 2008 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  8. Jon

Rom Ridge? Some simple editing would help greatly!

September 4, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  9. Candy West Virginia

You couldn't pay me to watch that sham of a performance. The repuglicans have worn me out with their lies, negativity and diviseness. Thanks, but no thanks I will be watching paint dry.

September 4, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  10. Shari, NY

Thank god the Convention drama is winding down. I am eagerly awaiting the debates which should be very interesting.

September 4, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  11. NoMcSame

Are you ready for some football? Why would I want to watch tight face and grumpy? Have fun people if you do. I will read about it in the morning.

September 4, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  12. sky

...no thanks...I have had about as much negativity and hate as I can stomach for one convention....change means out with the hate....and these guys cant live without it

September 4, 2008 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  13. Barbara

Thanks for the warning – ha ha ha ha ha

September 4, 2008 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  14. gotcha Palin!

As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a “bridge to nowhere.”

September 4, 2008 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  15. Lisa M

Here's an idea of what someone needs to say, "Gotcha. Palin was a joke."

September 4, 2008 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  16. Dharmendra Rai

By nominating Bush In 2000, Republicans told us that for USA, Bush is better than McCain. We saw 8 years of the better of the pack; we don’t want to experiment with the other one.

September 4, 2008 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  17. Luis

I think this should be re-posted until Election Day:
    Top Ten Things Barrack Obama can ask Sarah Palin when he meets her the
    first time.
    10- How do you load a gun?
    9 – Is hunting scary?
    8 – How do you get the bait on that hook thingy?
    7 – What's it like having a spouse that isn't angry all the time.
    6 – You were Mayor, then Governor, what's a budget?
    5 – I've never delegated. Do you have a canned speech for that?
    4 – What does "meeting a payroll" mean?
    3 – Why do you have so many kids; haven't you ever heard of an abortion?
    2 – What's it like actually being an executive?
    1 – Yeah, but do the Germans like you?

September 4, 2008 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  18. FearLessInFlorida

Lets see how the OLD BOYS NETWORK leverage the self proclimed pitbull with lipstick. Ladies, lets not let the boyz take us so cheaply! Enough of this Mad Mad Mad World. WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT!

September 4, 2008 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  19. lou

Oh good graham can tell us that we are all a bunch of whiners again and that the economy is strong....

September 4, 2008 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  20. LET IT GO

Yawnnnnnnnnn! Who Cares his speech will be just as lame as he is, Boring and tired.

September 4, 2008 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  21. Blunt Trauma

I lost a lot of respect for Mrs. McCain when, on the day after Mrs. Obama made her "really proud" comment, which was a perfectly reasonable statement, Cyndi felt empowered to wade into that discussion by her sarcastic introduction of John.

She is a woman that hasn't worked for anything in her life. Daddy made her rich through inheritence. She is one one those pampered sorority girls that is a phony and she hurts the ticket with most common folks.

September 4, 2008 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  22. Marge Hibbing Mn

They should go back to choosing the president and vice president like they did in the 1960's...obama would be sitting in the outhouse cause no one with sense who knows what he is would have taken him... they had intelligent and integrity back then.

September 4, 2008 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  23. nerakami

have one thing to say, the GOP convention showed itself as an exclusive, separatist organization. There was not one thing reflective of the diverse cultures in this country. It was like America walking backwards...

I am a single mother raising 2 children with no health insurance.
    Sarah Palin was not talking to me last night.
    The Republicans in their image and speeches shut out millions of us who do not look or sound like them. They do not represent me.

September 4, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  24. MH

Typo....

September 4, 2008 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  25. Franky

I see Senator McCain has his peeps speaking, literally. Even his wife is speaking. I swear, watching this is like watching Family Guy...a clip just happens! LOL!!

September 4, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |