September 4th, 2008

Ridge, Graham and Mrs. McCain to speak Thursday night

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) - Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Cindy McCain will all have significant roles in the lead up to Sen. John McCain’s speech Thursday evening when he will formally accept the Republican presidential nomination.

Graham is one of McCain’s closest friends in the Senate, while Ridge was said to be on the Arizona senator’s short list of vice presidential prospects.

1. If you liked Bush you will love McCain

More Smear and Fear
    that is all they've got

September 4, 2008 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  2. Tjstelten

My real point of contention is her attack on community organizers. These are the people that have fought for our cival rights and the women's vote. These are people who like our soldiars have died for human rights and deserve our respect.

September 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  3. Cynthia

More of the same nasty attacks is my guess.

September 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  4. Ann Holt

I totally agree!! I can't wait as this unvails itself. The Media held Obama's feet to the fire. I surly hope Palin is exposed as well. I'm tired of this female, racist stuff. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, that should be man, woman, or child. The whole point of media is to inform the public honestly, disregarding any bias. CNN has always fully followed that tradition-I hope this female stuff does not intimidate the honesty and excellence of realistic reporting.

September 4, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  5. Gracie

Wow... last night is was "Bring out the Republican Clowns"...

Now tonight it's all about the "Peanut Gallery" at it's best.

Thanks, but NO thanks. I'm going to tune in on FOX NEWS to hear Sen. Barrack Obama speak instead. He at least talks like he's got some common sense and speaks to voters all over this country on THE ISSUES.

After the constant play-by-play of the same OLD and TIRED attacks from EVERYONE at the RNC, my stomach can't take any more.

ENOUGH already.

September 4, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  6. Scott Tucson

I'm suprise that Obama didn't have Putin or Amadinejad as keynote speakers at his convention? I'm sure those two are pulling for an Obama bin Biden win.

September 4, 2008 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  7. Michael "C" Lorton, Virginia

After Sarah's Song last night......we are going to have the convention capped off with the "Chorus line."

September 4, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  8. tedious898

Man....we progressives love the speeches. The RNC has a new superstar. This is the lady that is the future of the RNC.

I know they are so proud of how she can destroy Obama and anything he stands for. Too bad its personal attacks and not attacking the policy.

Honestly, I like woman that are intelligent about their positions and rhetoric. Do I like Pahlin – Uh....not so much

September 4, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  9. Obama-Junkie, IL

I don't need to see that line up. I already know what they will same. Ridge will jab at Obama on national security and experience and praise McCain. Lindsey Graham will go on an all out attack on Obama on national security and experience, praise McCain, and then attack Obama so more. Cindy McCain will talk about her husband and their family (making sure to ingore McCain's previous marriage and their affair).

September 4, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  10. Spencer from VA

More attacks and no issues. That's typical coming from republicans.

September 4, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  11. C in Texas

Maybe all of you Dems can go wash your hair. Don't remember this being the Dems convention its the Reps convention. So if your not a Rep or an Indy why would you watch it? I know because you're scare now. LOL

McCain/Palin '08

No more taxes and no more government telling us what we can and can't do.

September 4, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  12. Mike from CA.

There is no point in watching, after the disgusting performances so far, more of the same.
    McCains campaigne = lie, smear, and complain

September 4, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  13. Concerned INDEPENDENT CT voter

"let me explain to them what the job involves,” Palin said. “I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.” -Palin...

Stiiiiillllll waiting!.... when are you going to tell me what the job involves?

-V

September 4, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  14. Oh boy....

Thanks for the update. I'll definitely finds something else to do with my time....

September 4, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  15. meme

If I'm not mistaken, repeats of The Jeffersons are on at that time. Sorry...

September 4, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  16. No Substance

That was a nice PTA meeting they had last night. Will a real political convention resume tonight?

September 4, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  17. Linda from Prescott AZ

Ah another schedeuled shark fest.
    Can't wait till it's all over, but I sure will be glad to see Obama in the White HOuse and the Barracuda back in Alaska and McCain hopefully retired.

September 4, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  18. ObamaAllTheWay

Republicans are out there to divide this country I am done watching the RNC convention after last night. It was sad the right wing at the convention were cheering at the divisive speech given by Palin. I pray for God to save America from this evil people.

September 4, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  19. NC in TX

Remember kids: McCain/Palin = McPain

Spread the word 🙂

September 4, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  20. Stone Cynic

Lindsey Graham? He's such a sweet little rascal.

September 4, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  21. Old white lady for Obama

I won't be watching, cleaning toilets would be a more productive use of my time.

September 4, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  22. V

After three days of attack nonsense, will they actually address real issues Americans face. If your Republican, I'll spell it out for you, It's the E-C-O-N-O-M-Y stupid, not fear and smear!

I'll be watching a show named after McCain, Bush, Cheney, and Palin, it's called The Biggest Loser!

September 4, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  23. HD

I guess beauty contest winners don't really understand what community organizers do. Do you suppose she knows what Habitat for Humanity is?

Johnny got a pitbull with lipstick, but with a questionable past. She is tough, she can read from a teleprompter, etc. – but Americans need more than sarcasm and snide remarks.

Not a single speaker last night had a solution to help America – just the same old tear the other guy apart. McCain speaks tonight and we know what his plans are – he voted with Bush over 90% of the time.

I have donated to Obama and will do so again today.

September 4, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  24. Hillary Supporter

That speech was a disgrace. And wolf, for you to say she hit it out of the park was insulting. First of all she did nothing, her speech was written by Bush's speech writers. Second, she offered no answers or solutions only attacks. Wolf, you are so typical, scared of the right winged religious group. How lame.

September 4, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  25. foreign observer

If Cindy has a significant role, why are families off-limits? Same for Palin's family - it's all good and well to say keep them out of it - if you yourself throw them into it, then in they are.

September 4, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |