September 4th, 2008

Ridge, Graham and Mrs. McCain to speak Thursday night

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) - Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Cindy McCain will all have significant roles in the lead up to Sen. John McCain’s speech Thursday evening when he will formally accept the Republican presidential nomination.

Graham is one of McCain’s closest friends in the Senate, while Ridge was said to be on the Arizona senator’s short list of vice presidential prospects.

1. Hillary 2012

Sarah Plain not even near to Hillary but she shake up the Democratic party

DNC badly need Hillary now

September 4, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  2. We're NOT "your friends"!!!

Well having the Repub. convention on almost every fricken station is good for something. It guarantees that I'll be getting some extra sleep tonight!

Obama/Biden '08

September 4, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  3. Debby

Good I like Ridge and want to hear what he has to say.

September 4, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  4. Pat Huntington NY

Ridge – failed first Homeland Security head.
    Graham – called us all bunch of whiners.
    Cindy – trophy wife.

All I can say is, thank G-d for the Democratic Party!

Obama-Biden!

September 4, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  5. Lori

I am disgusted by the number of hostile, thoughtless comments on the Political Ticker as a whole.

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, shut the hell up.

September 4, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  6. Lone Star Wolf

Keep up the pressure Ridge, Graham and Mrs. McCain the Democrats are squealing like the little bitty pigs they are. Anyone who won't fight for the freedom of American and people under tyranny need to leave this country. No morals, no religious beliefs and ones who want to give the terrorist all the breaks are not true Americans.Besides most of them don't even call themselves plain old Americans they have to be something else. We don't need this.

September 4, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  7. Pam

Do they allow anyone but white people into the republican convention?

September 4, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  8. sark

Sarah Painlin – oops – I mean, Pailin is a disgrace to the idea that political parties offer up their best candidates for office. I thought Dick Chaney was a poor choice, until I saw her. I'm a former award-winning political reporter and what I saw and heard was a woman on a fast track, trying to be all things to all people; gun-toting,anti free-choice,but lipstick beauty queen & Mommy. C;mon. I was a 5 a.m. hockey Mom,, but I know the difference between a charade (act out a politician) and a tested, experienced leader. City Council and Governor do not a USA/world leader make. I wish Hillary could debate her. That would be the end to her credibility and credentials. I hope the truth about her style of governing (troopergate) surfaces – and soon....

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  9. I can see through the Smoke

These guys are the worst America has seen in a long time (read your history)... The Republican party is a "joke." Merely something for entertainment... Leave the thinking and problem solving to the Democratic Party... The educated people...

OBAMA/BIDEN 08....

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  10. Wes, NJ

There was absolutely no substance in any of these speeches. At least Palin was entertaining as she basically became the buffoon of conservatives. She seemed to belong more in a WWE arena than a political one. However, she was at least entertaining unlike Gulianni who was just vile and repugnant. I seriously hope he never steps foot into NYC, because we will most likely spit on his face. He's been using our wounded memories for his political gains by blaming just about everyone else for the chaos when in fact he was in charge of the city when we were attacked.

No one can deny the atmosphere in this convention is made up of a combination of negativity, secrecy, desperation and a sense of defeat. They seem to think that their message of change will transcend beyond the Excel Energy Arena, but if you compare the hatred being spewed on the podium to the scare tactics used 4 years ago you will not be able to deny that this people won't bring change because their mentality hasn't changed. It's the same rhetoric all over again.

The American people are in a different place today than 4 years ago. They want to be inspired by the our possibilities and not scared by out limitations. BTW, the only reason some are comparing Obama's experience to Palin's is because they're basically the ones on the ticket who are supposed to be new comers outside from Washington.

Also, do you people realise the chances John McCain has of becoming seriously ill or diseased within the next few years? The poor man has been diagnosed with cancer more than 3 times. There's a great possibility that this woman could take the main slot, and anyone willing to take that chance is either insane or simply senile like McCain. The fact that she stated that our soldiers were sent by God to Iraq really reveals how closed to Bush's mentality she is. How can any real christian bring God's name into a War discussion? Really, how can you justify the killing of innocent human life with God... The republican party is self-deteriorating and it is about time.

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  11. Rodham Democrat

I wonder how Gov. Ridge feels about Sen. McCain not having the back bone to stand up to his party and put someone he actually wanted on the ticket instead of someone he was cornered into putting on the ticket

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  12. Joyce Becker

I won't be watching any more of this Republican nonsense, they have become a very mean and nasty party of only white ultra conservative people. We are a very diverse nation, I only saw one token african-american and no latinos or people different from them, what gives with this party, what are they afraid of?
    As for Cindy, she may be a very nice lady but has nothing of importance to convey to me.

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  13. RapidRay

Graham will be offering cheese from us "whiners".

Tom Ridge? Isn"t he the former governor who got put in charge of Homeland Security after a plane crashed into his state without leaving any physical evidence?
    He makes chocolate bars now.

The trophy wife....

Snoozeapalooza continues...

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  14. MsAnnette , AR

Let me tell Sarah Palin about COMMINITY ORGANIZERS. They are the people who have "responsibilites" to the citizens who are suffering the most to gain basic rights, job training to improve thier lives and their families. This is done FROM THE GROUND UP...not from the top down.

If it was not for COMMUNITY ORGINIZER SUSAN B. ANTHONY, palin could not be where she is today.

If it was not for COMMUNITY ORGANIZER MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR., millions of Americans would not have to rights guarnteed by the costituion to be treated fairly and equally, regardless of age, sex, race or religion.

If it was not for COMMUNITY ORGANIZER BARAK OBAMA, thousands of citzens from the South Side of Chicago would have DIED from asbestos contamination in thier apartments, would have no job training and no hope for their futures after the steel plants closed and families and communities devastated.

I applaud the many people who unselfishly work to improve the lives of thers and most of the time without recognition. I am one of those people.

Sarah Palin, the gop puppet, has shown her arrogance and vulgar disrespcet for the spirit of community involvement in American History.

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  15. Dana from Chi

This will be a joke. I guess Mccain will have a couple of hundred more people at the convention tonite. He only had 20 thousands last nite and 6 thousands the nite before!! They were so ignorant, hateful and cynical, I will not be giving them ratings!!

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  16. John in Ohio

Which Mrs McCain?

Oh, the new one.

Palin casts herself as a pit bull... I thought a pit bull was an angry vicious dog that you don't leave alone around children and don't let out without a muzzle. Maybe she meant that she can be trained to blindly attack without thought or reason or regard to her target?

September 4, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  17. RDS

I guess it's going to be another Family Guy night...LOL. I'm glad the republicans are finally feeling the hope wave. Too bad only people that were going to vote for him anyways are the only ones feeling it. Enthusiasm from people who were going to vote for you anyways doesn't win elections if you turn off everybody else...

Obama/Biden 08-because Americans need solutions not runner-ups for Last Comic Standing!

September 4, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  18. LS

Thank goodness this is the last night of their convention. Running out of old movies to watch instead.

From what I've seen on CNN website and reading the bloggers comments, their is no comparison to the DNC Convention. It would be nice to watch the DNC Convention all over again. Any chance for a replay CNN?

I know people are going to make the right decision after watching the RNC in action. Positive – DNC always overpowers the negative-RNC.

We don't need negativity in power right now. A lot of people are struggling to keep positive considering what they are facing with in the economy. Obama and Biden are going to be ready to rollup their sleeves and work hard and in the best interest for the American people.

September 4, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  19. Charlotte

These blogs are telling. Sarah has hit them where they live. She was attacked relentlessly on her qualifications. She fights back and she is shrill? Suddenly, Hillary is the best qualified woman in America. Suddenly, we Hillary supporters are so smart and well informed? I am amazed at the 'fear of defeat' I detect in the comments. Sarah was as aggressive as any VP has ever been. Obama only compares McCain to another Bush term. When is he going to explain how taxing business is going to help? Companies have fled this country due to taxes. I want to hear how his estate tax will effect me? Increased payroll taxes, how will they effect me? Increased Social Security taxes, how will they effect me? How will all of his give aways be paid for? Experience has taught me that anytime the government gives me something, they end up taking more then they give back.

September 4, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  20. Z

I think that Governor Palin is a brilliant pick for McCain's VP. All attacks to her will directly ricochet to Obama. If she is too inexperienced to be VP, why can Obama be president? Remember that Obama has less governing experience than her and is running for president, not VP. This is a brilliant strategy. The attack on her family and capability will only reveal how arrogant, hypocritical, and sexual discriminating her opponents are.

September 4, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  21. Cheryl

Can't wait for tonight's best of the right wing to strut their stuff. God and guns, baby, God and guns.

September 4, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  22. Voted for Hillary, Smalltown, NC

Palin Power!!!!!!

Palin will be the first women VP of the USA

Palin will ultimately be the 1st President of the USA in 2012 or 2016

September 4, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  23. Obama!!

Palins speech was terrible.. all attacks no substance. And to attack anyone for their work with charity is just low as you can get. Go back to Alaska

September 4, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  24. Bulldog

I watched the convention last night and all I say in the entire arena was WHITE PEOPLE. Where is the diversity? We live in a diverse country yet all the GOP has to represent it are WHITE PEOPLE. They need to change there GOP to WOP, White Old Party.

September 4, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  25. AW

DO WE REALLY HAVE TO LISTEN TO LINDSEY GRAHAM? CAN'T YOU HIRE SOMEONE TO SCRAPE THEIR FINGERNAILS ACROSS A BLACKBOARD INSTEAD?
    ROMNEY WAS RUDE AND ARROGANT. TOO PROUD OF BEING PART OF THE ELITE RICH.
    HUCKABEE WAS UNCHRISTIANLIKE. MAY NEED TO GO BACK TO THE PULPIT FOR REDEMPTION.
    RUDY RUDE, SARCASTIC, AND ACTING LIKE HE WAS AUDITIONING FOR COMEDY CLUB-AND FLUNKED. BUT -GIVE HIM CREDIT-HE DID NOT MENTION 911.
    COULD WE GET GIGETTE TO DELIVER THE GEEZER'S SPEECH?

September 4, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |