September 10th, 2008

McCain ad paints Dems as wolfpack hunting Palin

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/09/10/art.wolfad.cnn.jpg caption="New McCain ad paints Democrats as a wolfpack hunting Palin."](CNN) - John McCain's campaign released a new ad Wednesday that portrays Democratic operatives as a vicious wolfpack hunting VP nominee Sarah Palin.

“The attacks on Governor Palin have been called ‘completely false’...’misleading,’” says the female announcer in the 30-second spot, which points to a report from Factcheck.org shooting down many attacks on the Alaska governor. “And they've just begun.”

Watch: The latest McCain ad does a fact check on Obama

The announcer cites a Wall Street Journal column that 30 Democratic lawyers and researchers have been “air dropped” into Alaska “dig dirt” on Palin.

That column, by pundit John Fund, cites anonymous sources in reporting that unnamed Democrats have descended on Anchorage. The Democratic National Committee and the Obama campaign have denied sending anyone to Alaska to conduct research into Palin’s past.

“As Obama drops in the polls, he'll try to destroy her,” says the announcer, as images of a wolfpack appear on screen. "Obama's politics of hope? Empty words."

The McCain campaign said the ad would be airing in “key states,” although it did not say where, or how extensive the buy would be.

Filed under: John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. Bthrasher

Why would a wolf pack scare Gov. Palin? She would just hop in a plane gun them down and turn in their left forelegs for bounty money. Problem solved.

September 10, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  2. Marco in Miami

Such negativity must stop. Remember not once has the McCain camp spoken about the real issues. People wake up and realize what is happening. Nothing less than smoke and mirrors. We need change and we need it NOW.. NO McSame.. NO WAY!!!!!

September 10, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  3. Annie

I'd like to see the hunt intensify. This woman has not been let out on her own, unscripted. That tells me she's not ready. They're trying to sell her as one of us, but I don't want one of us. I want greater than that – I'm looking for exceptional. And if you can't be let out on your own, you're not exceptional, you're being used.

4. Irony

Wolves will hunt down the wolf hunter?

Insane...

5. COUNTRY FIRST

The republicans were in the white house when the terrorists attacked
    this country. How are they going to protect us.? John McCain chose
    a country first mantra, then he selects a woman with no foreign policy
    experience whatsoever, and proclaims to have no interest in the Iraq war. How are they going to protect us? John McCain's claim to fame is
    being a POW. I respect that. But if John McCain is captured again
    while he is asleep in the white house, How are they going to protect
    us? Americans had better think long and hard before they allow the
    republicans fool this country again.

6. Blossom

PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC ! OBAMA SUPPORTERS ARE IN DIRE PANIC! PANIC PANIC PANIC

7. ANGIE

OMG YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME MCCAIN IS A LYING FRAUD HIS CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT LIES SMEARS AND ATTACKS ON OBAMA AND MICHELLE ALL SUMMER YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME BUT THEN AGAIN THATS HOW REPUBLICANS WIN LIES LIES LIES AND MORE LIES AND JUST TO THINK SOME OF YOU WILL FALL FOR IT JUST LIKE YOU DID BUSH AND HIS LIES GOD PLEASE BLESS AMERICA WE NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA/BIDEN08

8. Senators Reid and Pelosi

Why has the economy taken a downturn since 2006?
    We blame Sarah Palin. 🙂

9. PA Independent

Saw the headline, all I could think of is the pictures of Sarah Palin hunting wolves from a helicopter. Ouch!

Seriously, it's just more distraction from the issues – and probably one whine too many from the McCain campaign. It's getting real old, real fast. A lot of Americans don't have the time to follow the issues like they want to, but they do know the old saying about protesting too much.

10. IcedTee63

What are you whining about? She can just hunt them down from a helicopter!!!

11. Anonymous

Can we please elect the smart guy this time?

12. Queen Palin

I think the Queen is going to speak to her subjects tomorrow. Wow, aren't we lucky. Maybe she'll wave to us.

We interrupt this hogwash to get back to the real world:

Obama/Biden 08

13. SAME OLD STUFF

MCOLD YOU ARE USING THIS WOMAN LIKE A STUPID FOOL YOU ARE AND EVRYBODY KNOWS IT.

IAM SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR STUPID TACTICS.
    NO NO NO THEY WONT WORK MY FRIEND

14. Credit Card Republicans

Vote for John McCain and just say charge it.

15. Cal

When did this country become so ignorant? This can't be the same country that I love, can it? I just can't understand how the average American can vote McCain if you consider the issues.... I guess we have become the fall of Rome: the spectacle of swift boat ads trumping the substance of policy/

16. Jeff

Oh good grief. Can McCain and Obama both put on their big boy pants and talk about something relevant?
    And these two clowns are the best our nation has to offer?
    Heaven help us...

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  17. Danielle, TX

MAY I PLEASE SEE ONE AD WHERE THE REPUBLICANS ARE SPEAKING ABOUT ISSUES?? JUST ONE....THAT'S ALL!!

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  18. PUMA PALIN

Awesome...

America is seeing what kind of "New Politics" Obama is... His dirt digging, negative and vile attack campaign might have worked on Hillary but at least Palin and McCain are fighting back...

Truth hurts doesn't it Obama...

Obama/Biden... How low can you go

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  19. TIRED OF THE GOP

This is very sad, It's because of predjudices because of race,age,gender,religion e.t.c. has halted our Nation from realizing its potential to be the greatest Nation and the world leader. I am sure I saw this same ad a few years ago, The GOP is going back to the same things they used before but we are not falling for them this time.

Over my years I have voted for the best candidate (in my opinion) regardless of my differences with candidate and Yes I have crossing party lines sometimes. But I am not gonna not vote for Obama because he is black.

Let's say that McCain was Black and Obama was white – I vote Obama!
    Let's say that Obama was 72 years old and McCain was 47 years old -I would still vote for Obama
    Let's say Obama was female and McCain Male -I would still vote for Obama
    If Obama was a Mexican,Asian,Indian,Jewish,Muslim,Greek, from the moon -I would vote Obama

Most people voting for Obama because he will be a better President that's the truth Ruth!

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  20. Peter E

Considering that Obama hasn't released a single non-attack ad in the past month, he really has no right to complain.

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  21. Was a Democrat-Now an Independent

Personally, I loved the ad. I thought it was great. Whether you agree or disagree, you must admit, that was a well made ad. Loved it!

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  22. Obama 08: White, 60 yr old female

Why not publish Palin's dismal record on earmarks and fiscal irresponsibility as a mayor???What happened to Fair and Balanced?

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  23. amy

Johnny ! wake up, Palin wants your job, the first spot in the ticket ! whoever helps her political career, eventually, end up got fired by her.

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  24. McCain/Palin

Obama was the one who said he would run a different campaign. Issues only. Until the polls went down. Now he has changed his mind again. I just heard his comment on lipstick. He knew exactly what he was saying and nobody but his followers believes any different. Its not what he said its that you can't believe a word he says. Thats the change you get from him.

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  25. The BOTTOM Line......

HUNTING SEASON HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 10, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |