September 16th, 2008

NEW AD: McCain says he can keep jobs safe

McCain is out with a new ad touting his ability to promote the economy.

McCain is out with a new ad touting his ability to promote the economy.

(CNN) - John McCain released a new television ad Tuesday telling voters he will protect them from the nation's economic woes: "Your savings, your jobs ... I'll keep them safe."

"The economy is in crisis. Enough is enough. I'll meet this financial crisis head on," McCain says in the new ad - the first in several weeks from his presidential campaign that does not attack Obama directly.

"Reform Wall Street. New rules for fairness and honesty. I won't tolerate a system that puts you and your family at risk," he also says. "Your savings, your jobs ... I'll keep them safe."

Obama sharply criticized McCain on Monday when the Arizona senator said the fundamentals of the economy are still strong, even as the 158-year-old investment firm Lehman Brothers shocked Wall Street when it filed for bankruptcy protection. McCain later said he was referencing the strength of American workers.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. BlahBlahBlah

How are you going to do that, Senator McCain? By having people like Carly Fiorina on your staff – the woman who took a once-great company, Hewlett Packard, and ran it into the ground? The woman who is hell-bent on replacing as many US citizen employees with cheap foreign labor?

Pretty amusing.

September 16, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  2. Stephanie Leanne

McCain is a millionaire who's accustomed to getting what he wants. Working in Congress is just a hobby and a stepping stone to the White House. This man does not have the drive and the determination to make a difference as Barack does. Also, he doesn't care about us, and he doesn't get it. Barack does.

John was perfectly fine talking about nothingness (lipstick, Paris Hilton, etc) until now. Now that the country is demanding he talk about issues. He's all over the place saying anything we want to hear–I don't buy it.

When I walk into the voting booth in November I will proudly cast my vote for Barack Obama and Joe Biden. I can't wait.

September 16, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  3. mississippi girl

I almost fell out of my chair, LAUGHING with ENOUGH. Dang can this campaign do anything original??? LMAO. and shaking my head, beacuse some fool idiot believer will think that OMG he's on to something new. NOT. The one person who has been saying Enough is OBAMA, OBAMA and if you did not understand or you are completely blinded by the elephant in the room, let me be perfectly clear it ..... was....... that...... darn..... elitist.....democrat...... OBAMA/BIDEN 08. Don't believe the hype that the Republicans are slinging.

September 16, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  4. Steven D

If this add is as honest as the rest of them. Whew!!! We are SAFE!?!

September 16, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  5. Candice

He doesn't even know the economy is in crisis! I work in a technology based field so I don't understand how a man that doesn't understand technology can save my job. This is a new era and with him admitting he doesn't nor does he want to evolve with the time tells me he is not willing to help me.

September 16, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  6. oh wow

what economy is he talking about...the strong one that we have or the one he dosen't know much about??? Enlighten me please...

September 16, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  7. M.Serafin

What Country is McCain lobbying for ???

And what money is he talking about ?? oh yeah the ones we put into our gas tank this morning

September 16, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  8. Jean 2

NOW HE IS USING OMAMA'S SPEECH AFTER TRYING TO TAKE THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN MESSAGE.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE????????

September 16, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  9. Hmmmm

Does he need to copy EVERY LINE Obama says? This is getting ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

September 16, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  10. Jen

I have tried and tried to listen to Ms.Palin, but I just can't. She is like Chatty Cathy.. She just says the same thing over and over and over again....

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  11. Not a fan of the 'Cuda

Does Dr. Phil Gramm know this? He may want a word with Johnny.

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  12. Frustrated

I will believe McCain about keeping our jobs safe when the Republicans stop giving companies incentives and tax breaks for sending OUR jobs overseas.....KEEP THEM SAFE BY KEEPING THEM HERE IN AMERICA WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!!!

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  13. Teacher in CA

The fact that he once again is using an Obama line is utterly rediculous. The man doesn't have an original thought in his head.

Maverick, indeed.

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  14. Convicted felon who can't vote

Is that so Johnny boy? Then maybe you can explain why those HP workers were laid off yesterday since you have the former CEO of HP as your advisor.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  15. Mario fl

No way no how no mccain no palin ....

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  16. JJL

I have one question.

How?

McCain makes all these sweeping pronouncements but never is there an explanation of how he intends to do it or what his policies are. I suppose that can be difficult when his stance changes on a daily basis, though.

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  17. PalinLiesTooMuch

Yeah McBush you expect a fair mided people to beleive you to save them, I rather die than to wait Mcshame an old man to save me. You admitted you are do not have any idea when it comes to the economy and said you will start reading greespan books, but the man himself said he never seen the economy this bad in his life time, that is the economy the Bush and your policies created. As obama said enough is enough American can not take any more of this Bush/Mccain policies.

September 16, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  18. Arin

John and Cindy McCain are looking for servants and caretakers for each of their 11 homes. Jobs first under the McCain plan.

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  19. RSB

He'll say anything he thinks you want to hear – and if you won't listen to him he'll bring Palin to speak. We are learning how good her word is.
    I'm ready to support someone that may not have the experience rat

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  20. Kurt from Canada

I can keep jobs safe!

A chicken in every pot!

Vote Quimby!

Come on Americans! You can't tell me that you're buying what this guy is selling! He thought the fundamentals of the American economy were just fine, all the while a major investment company that had survived the Depression was collapsing. THIS is vision?

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  21. Susan

Senator McCain, WHAT JOBS?!! You and your Republican buddies have let them all go to other countries!! What planet do youlive on??

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  22. Sacto Joe

Please! This man will say or do ANYTHING to get elected! But when it comes down to it, he's asleep at the switch.

Senator McCain's another George W. Bush.

And Governor Palin? She's Dick Cheney – with lipstick!

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  23. DJ Los Angeles

Yeah Bull is right. McCain is shoveling a pack of lies yet again. If he wants to "REFORM" Wall Street that requires more regulation.

Yet he always complains about "big government" and the Republican fairy tale that regulation = bad or "old" Democratic party doctrine.

Lies, lies, lies...nobody is buying it.

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  24. CR

Next week McCain will have a noticably darker skin hue.... Imitation...

September 16, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  25. Aleisha

Isn't this exactly what Obama said?

First McCain wants the experience factor, then he wants the chang factor, now the reform factor. Is he going to have any original ideas at all?

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |