September 16th, 2008

NEW AD: McCain says he can keep jobs safe

McCain is out with a new ad touting his ability to promote the economy.

McCain is out with a new ad touting his ability to promote the economy.

(CNN) - John McCain released a new television ad Tuesday telling voters he will protect them from the nation's economic woes: "Your savings, your jobs ... I'll keep them safe."

"The economy is in crisis. Enough is enough. I'll meet this financial crisis head on," McCain says in the new ad - the first in several weeks from his presidential campaign that does not attack Obama directly.

"Reform Wall Street. New rules for fairness and honesty. I won't tolerate a system that puts you and your family at risk," he also says. "Your savings, your jobs ... I'll keep them safe."

Obama sharply criticized McCain on Monday when the Arizona senator said the fundamentals of the economy are still strong, even as the 158-year-old investment firm Lehman Brothers shocked Wall Street when it filed for bankruptcy protection. McCain later said he was referencing the strength of American workers.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. rice, bryan

if you have voted for bush over 90% of the time and you think that you can turn the economy around, i am 100% sure that's a joke.

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  2. Jason

It's my understanding that McCain's official position is that his for LESS regulation and oversight? Or did that change?

San Diego, CA

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  3. Jan in MI

I totally agree, MCCain is always using Obama's words.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH MCCAIN/PALIN

I am also sick of hearing PALIN ALL THE TIME/EVERYWHERE.

I WANT TO HEAR SOME OTHER SPEECHES TOO.

I just heard that she wouldn't have been hired to run Hewlett Packard, this was from the former CEO at HP who works for McCain.
    But she said, that's not what she's running for. HELLO, the country isn't as complicated as a corporation. HELLO??????

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  4. I Invented the McMuffin... and fire

If you're a gardener or housekeeper, McCains got a job for you... if you're in technology, forget it, McCains got it covered...personally

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  5. MIKE chicago

What a "Shame Enough is Enough"! using your opponent's lines is absolutely lame!! I cant believe this.First it was "Change you can believe in", next it was "more of the same" and now its Enough is Enough" I know what is next you will change you name to B O...shame on you Mcpale

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  6. Tim

That's a big claim for McCain, especially after he and his aides made the claim last month that "THE ONLY ECONOMIC PROBLEM IN AMERICA IS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL ONE IN THE PEOPLE'S HEADS!"

So it takes MAJOR DISASTER such as A 500 Drop in the Stock Market in one Day and CORPORATE BANKRUPTCY before McCain realizes there is a PROBLEM?????

Sounds alot like BUSH, who claimed America didn't have problems with the Middle East until we got hit on 9-11, while Bush was reading a kids book upside down in Florida!!!

NO MORE IDIOTS IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!

NO BUSH, NO MCCAIN, NO PALIN!!!!!

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  7. Donna from Colorado Springs

John McBush will keep our jobs safe? Are you kidding me? He will outsource every job he can just like his boss has done. Is he going to protect the people of this country? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McBush has told so many lies that he can't even remember what lies he's told to what people! He's pathetic and unqualified to run this country. Being a war hero DOES NOT QUALIFY HIM TO BE THE PRESIDENT! He's smug and arrogant and I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Palin is almost as bad, maybe worse!

September 16, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  8. JJ

It cracks me up the way he keeps stealing Obama's words. LOL!

"Enough is Enough!" Find your own slogan McCain!

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  9. Pam

What a load of crap! If he has the ability to do that, why hasn't he done it?

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  10. Ron

the economic woes we are facing did not happen over night. the democrats have had control of the senate and the congress for the last two years why have they not done anything. surely with their vaunted expertise they saw this coming yet they chose to ignore it at what expense. party before country

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  11. v.ananthan

I trust McCain more than Obama...

OBAMA please , show some of your earlier achievements..

I am NOT interested in your speeches because everybody can deliver good speeches written by good writers.... ....

I WONDER WHEN IS CNN GOING TO ASK SOME SERIOUS QUESTIONS TO OBAMA....

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  12. Beverly, NYC

After 26 years in the old boys networkof Congress, voting with Bush 90%, and thinking the fundamentals are sound I wouldn't believe McCain if he told me the sky was blue and water was wet. Allthe air you used to spew the statements above, not one worrd on how you intend to keep americans working. How will you keep my $ safe by taxing me to death? And taking the $ beofe I see it. If noses grew everytime you told a lie you and Palin would need seperate planes for your honkers.

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  13. Madge, PA

I heard on the radio show today that the price of oil has drop $4.00 per barrel. They think oil may drop below $100., maybe to $85. a barrel. They think now that Wall Street is in trouble the oil speculators may run like rats, and the price of oil will go down even further. We'll see.

This doesn't interest John McCain because his wife has a private plane. The McCains haven't had to worry about the price of gas since NEVER.

I want someone in the White House who knows what it means to budget. A person who doesn't take Americans for granted–like Barack Obama.

Obama/Biden 08

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  14. Michael

ONN

Obama Network News.

Won't help him get elected.

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  15. CR in WI

If you're a lawyer and willing to relocate to colder climes . . .

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  16. Kevin - RI

Once again another add without any substance. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT? Cleaning up corruption and regulating the market is not enough to solve this crisis. I am still waiting for detailed plans from both canidates, but I am not holding my breath.

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  17. Bubba

McCain is Bush leftovers warmed up and Palin's the parsley. If you liked Bush, and at least eighteen percent of 'publicans still do, then you'll tolerate McCain. Me, I'm either votin' for Obama or movin' to Canada, I ain't decided which. Invented the Blackberry, indeed! Lying sack of fertilizer.

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  18. incredulous

McCain's campaign is becoming just plain silly – he's just copying every Obama sound bite he can remember – now apparently "enough is enough." Its tragic and desperate and the media really need to call him out on it.

September 16, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  19. Convicted felon who can't vote

No originality with this guy. Now he's using "enough is enough?" Can someone please get McLame a book of slogans so he can stop using Sen. Obama's. How low can you go John?

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

September 16, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  20. Tired of W, OH

Well, golly gee! I believe ya McBlackberry! Yup, yup!

September 16, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  21. OUBon

Safe from who? You and sidekick Polar Bear Palin. C'mon dude. This guy is talking just to hear himself talk. I wonder if Palin's got a plan for the economy yet?

It's hard to build a bridge to nowhere when you're spending 10 Billion a month overseas. And your unemployment rate just keeps climbing.

Good luck with that.

September 16, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  22. Jennifer

I talked to my bank account today. It whispered "Vote Obama."

September 16, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  23. Jack Jodell, Minneapolis, MN

Yeah, and cows can whistle.

September 16, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  24. Never let them see you sweat....

DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  25. Michael

Hey, if the man can "create the Blackberry", he can do anything.

Gag.