September 19th, 2008

Protesters interrupt Obama

CNN

Protesters holding posters saying Sen. Barack Obama was endorsed by the KKK are escorted from his speech

(CNN) - Barack Obama's campaign rally in Coral Gables, Florida Friday was interrupted by a group of about 10 African-American protesters holding signs that called themselves, "Blacks Against Obama."

The signs said Obama was for gay marriage and abortion, and said his candidacy was "endorsed by the KKK." Another sign said, "Jesse Jackson hates Obama."

Obama originally said the protesters could stay inside the event, but they were escorted out when they would not stop shouting.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. park more

We are democrat but Noooooooooooooooo Obama and Michelle. McCain this time and Hillary next time, again Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo Obama,

Obama is jocke of DNC stupide rules

2. Alison

The signs all look like they were written by the same person!

3. Scott in Atlanta

Hey! Why do all the signes have the exact same handwriting?

4. Rhea

It's silly season!!

5. Taxpayer

I'm amazed this was actually reported? You mean to tell me that not every single african american and not every single woman who consideres themselves a feminist aren't for Obama? Imagine the audacity of not voting directly in line with what every other person who looks like you votes. We need to supress such individuality and free thinking.

6. AP (ATL)

What the???? Very strange and senseless. Why would someone be AGAINST Obama because someone or group is FOR him? What about REAL issues that effect these 10 Florida folks? Our economy is suffering and THIS is what is important??? Obama needs to make sure education is one of his top priorities, especially in Coral Gables, Florida, when he becomes President.

7. black in florida

just a bunch of idiots that want to be seen

8. Andy - Atlanta, GA

Looks to me like the same person wrote those 10 signs, & took 10 homeless ppl off the streets (bought them some clothes – notice how they're all dressed pretty much the same) & paid them a few bucks.

C'mon republicans, if you're gonna do this, atleast mix in a few white folks, & use different colored markers on the signs so it's less obvious. Oh, & come up with better lines than "endorsed by the KKK", Americans (especially African-Americans) are not that stupid.

9. Northwood

They have every right to protest...there were more than "about 10". Nothing they said was not true, just their point of view..I find it interesting that some people are saying they can't believe "black people are protesting Obama"..To me that is a sign that many of us, regardless of color do not see eye to eye with Obama. I for one agree with Obama on social issues, but not on the economy. This is a tough decision for many and has nothing to do with race. Obama has not been clear, has not been vetted, and many do not think he is prepared to live of to his own hype.

10. Lady Jaye

You protesters need to get a grip. This is America and we have the right to choose what ever life style we desire. No one is telling you how to live your life what give you the right th try and control someone else. No man is going to tell me what to do with my body I don't agree with abortions and I will never have one but this is my choice and I can't tell you what to do with your body. If my choice of a life partner is not hurting you then stay out of my business.

11. Brandon for Obama

Pure tomfoolery.

I can understand being against a candidate, but no need to do it on the means of your race. I'm not a black against McCain...I just don't agree with the direction he wants to take America in.

But, to contradict myself...I do think WASP (women against Sarah Palin) is sort of funny. So I guess if that's what they think...let him think that. I think it will go to show some people who think that black supporters of Obama only support him because he's black.

12. AMERICA IS IN NEED OF NEW LEADERSHIP

GOOD JOB REPUBS..........................BUT IT WON'T WORK...

DIDN'T WE TELL YOU BEFORE ...............................................

AMERICA IS AWAKE NOW...................................................................

CUT THE CRAP.........................................................................................

OK so MCCAIN keeps having protestors at his events so now OBAMA HAS SOME TOO.....AND GUESS WHAT........THERE BLACK TOO.......

HOW PATHETHIC- I HOPE THE KIDS GOT PAID WELL.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

13. Lynn:60 yr old Obama supporter

This race card is firther fueled by McCain's latest false ad about former Fanny Mae employee as an Obama advisors which Raines and the Obama campaign have categorically denied.

Funny they chose a black person rather than the white Johnson who immediately resigned from Obama's VP vetting team when it was obvious he could harm Obama's campaign.

Also the selection of an elderly white woman as the "victim" was the one McCain decided to use.

American voters need to raises above the lies and false fear promoted by the McCain campaign and put "Country First" and vote on the issues!!

Young voters who have risen above this racial history and get out to vote and take their country back!!

14. Sam

Wonder how much McCain paid those protesters . . .

15. KJL

Why is it that Jesse Jackson's name always seem to pop up when there's trouble? The man is a fool.

16. Jackie; Lithonia, Georgia

What stupidity!!!! This won't work either Palin-McCain. You can try every trick in the book, you're a disgrace to this Great Country. I know you're up to this shameful act; and to the 10 idiots that sold themselves to the devil, may you rot in hell!!!

17. mae

...sounds like someone is getting paid to act stupid..or are really stupid...kkk endorsing obama? HA! written by a british satire news-site... lord have mercy.

Obama '08

18. Tainopower

Looks like all 90% of the black vote is not going to obama. and if it does its racist. To all my Latino brothers don’t fall for obamas lies. we are going to be sorry if he wins the presidency. It will turn this country in to a socialist one .the reason why we come to this country is its freedom.

19. Ms Gunn

Thank God, It was only 10 of them.

Because, everyone That I know, Is voting For Obama. Im Black, and we can see the light.

I want to know, do these Black republicans have money falling out of their pockets, and if so, WHY couldn't they buy better signs? and Don't t hey know that John Mccain is R*acist? Is this deja va of The south VS the North?

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  20. Quinn - Houston, Texas

They think Obama is working with the KKK? Is this a skit from the Dave Chapelle show or something?

Those people are as ignorant as they come.

This is the second time they have protested at a Florida rally.

I wish they would get a life.

Obama / Biden 08!

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  21. Khaalis

Just Sad...

When Obama wins states with 95% Blacks, I always wonder why didn’t the other 5% vote for him. These must be those folks!

What did McCain, Barr, Nader, and McKinney plan out for Blacks?

So why is a small group (.00000000001%of Blacks) against a man who Championed inner city more than any other candidate?

Puzzling

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  22. Cricket

McCain has protesters removed, Obama allows them to stay-shows very good understanding and patience, traits McCain certainly doesn't possess.

Can't understand why folks aren't calling for Palin to allow the investigation in the "Troopergate Mess". If there's nothing to hide why not clear the entire mess up?? I certainly would never vote for someone with something hanging over their head.

OBAMA/BIDEN

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  23. Barbara

You know this thing happens all the time, that shows that as Americans we have different point of views. I make my point, "Americans" not robots with the same view on life. It was nice to see that Obama just laughed it off and asked the people to stay if they would stop yelling, but some people can just be rude and just ruin things like this for both sides Republicans and Democrats rallies. IF you want Change vote for Obama. IF you want the same old Policies vote for McCain. But I don't think I want my family living under the same old Policies that we have had for t he past 8 years. We as Americans can't afford it.

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  24. THE COSMOS ROCKS

»John McCain is the MAN!...Yes.

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  25. Arcy

As a member of the American-African community (I'm American FIRST), I can tell you that there are quite a number of us who believe Barak needs to get a little more experience in world affairs before he is ready to lead our country. We do have a serious problem with his acceptance of homosexuality as well. This will continue to haunt him on the campaign trail.

September 19, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |