September 25th, 2008

Historic White House meeting convenes

ALT TEXT

John McCain and Barack Obama are currently meeting with President Bush on the economic bailout.   Also seated next to the president are, from left, House Minority Leader John Boehner, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. (AP Photo)

Related: Key lawmakers say they have a bailout plan

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. RepublicansHateAmerica

What a waste of time. Bush is a dope.

September 25, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  2. Informed Voter

So the Debate is on .. i guess ??

September 25, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  3. D&D

That's all McCain wanted: a photo op!

September 25, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  4. VIRGINIAN 4 OBAMA

Sen. Obama's thinking:

I can't believe I'm in the same room with dumb(Bush) and dumber(McBush).

September 25, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  5. Jon

This bailout idea is horrible.

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  6. SDunn

Omgosh WHAT a WASTE of TIME!!! Absolutely amazing what McCain pulled and now we have his man Tucker trying to giv credit to McCain for the Banking Commitee's bipartisan plan when McCain had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!! In fact McCain could do absolutely nothing, but vote on the Plan when it comes before Congress! What a fraud.

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  7. JD in Moraga, CA

...probably a good idea to keep them at opposite ends of the table...

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  8. Quinn - Houston, Texas

This meeting is a COMPLETE waste of time.

The bill was pretty much DONE before McCain arrived in Washington this morning.

This is GRANDSTANDING at it's finest.

McCain has gone from HISTORICAL to HYSTERICAL.

Get your butt down to Mississippi John. Let's see how good you are defending the Bush policies that got us into this mess.

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  9. the dude

President Bush is no longer relevant....

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  10. NY state of mine/mind

Gee! Pres. Bush sure looks like he just relieved himself by saying "I'm outta here in a few months and one of you guys will get the pooper scooper".

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  11. Jim

too bad John McCain can't get out of doing the debates now.
    Um... my Pit Bull ate my homework. What a tool. I hope Obama rips him a new one. This whole bailout nonsense is a result of decades of Reagan Era deregulation that has been FULLY SPONSORED by McCain. Now Mr. Keating Five acts like he's outraged. Give me a break John. This is your fault.

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  12. Muz

I wish i was invited to this tea party!

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  13. Doug R.

Everyone huddled around Bush with their phony smiles like he's some sort of genius.

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  14. JB

PRESENT is not an option.

September 25, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  15. Kamika

I love how McCain and Obama are sitting on the complete opposite sides of the room. Its like they arent speaking to each other after yesterday. "I am so mad at you Obama, how could you leave me hanging like that." Im cool on you McCain, you totally took my thunder."

September 25, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  16. Tony

Maybe Cindy "Stepford" McCain forgot to lay out Johnny's Depends this morning and that is why he is sitting so close to the men's room! 🙂

September 25, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  17. JDS N.C.

BO looked out of touch. We actually may vote him in. Where was BO when McCain invited him to 10 townhall debates that werent scripted? Now BO has the gall to be upset about having to go to DC to handle a problem and may miss the debate. What a snob.

September 25, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  18. lisa

That's why I am voting for Barack because He is not intimidated by those people, and he will not allow they to push him around or twist his arm to be crooked. He is so focused. I have never seen anyone so focused in my life.

September 25, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  19. JWS from NC

On January 20, 2009 Obama will be sitting where George Bush is seated.
    OBAMA 2008

September 25, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  20. Bay Area Rob

Great pic! Now get something done now! (And go to the debate McSame we can all see through this stunt)

September 25, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  21. Ex-Democrat for McCain

Obama's thinking, "They didn't need me for this unimportant stuff...I wish I was back in Florida at debate camp."

September 25, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  22. Skip, a black man

I cant understand all the anger on the Dem`s side, it makes me want to run to the other side!..well i think i will!

September 25, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  23. Raymond

Please, Barack is just as big a piece of trash as the other CLOWNS in the room. No to McCain and No to Obama

September 25, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  24. Skunk Meat Anyone?

Let's hold the debate right in that room! Let's get it on McGimmick and your skunk meat campaign!

September 25, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  25. McShame, Houston TX

Ok now for the debate!!! No more non-sense McShame!!

September 25, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |