September 26th, 2008

Palin: U.S. should never 'second-guess' Israel

CNN

Watch: In her third TV interview, Gov. Sarah Palin raises eyebrows with some of her comments.

(CNN) - The United States should not second guess actions Israel takes in the name of security, Sarah Palin seemed to suggest in a Thursday interview.

The Republican VP nominee recently said that she would never "second guess Israel if that country decided to attack Iran." Speaking with Katie Couric of CBS News, she stood by that quote.

“We shouldn't second guess Israel's security efforts because we cannot ever afford to send a message that we would allow a second Holocaust, for one,” she said. “Israel has got to have the opportunity and the ability to protect itself. They are our closest ally in the Mideast. We need them. They need us. And we shouldn't second guess their efforts.”

The Alaska governor said the United States should be free to relay its rights our concerns, but “we don't have to second-guess what their efforts would be if they believe ... that it is in their country and their allies, including us, all of our best interests to fight against a regime, especially Iran, who would seek to wipe them off the face of the earth,” said Palin. “It is obvious to me who the good guys are in this one and who the bad guys are.”

Palin spent the week meeting with foreign leaders in New York.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. wezeeg

Foregin policy – not so much. Wasn't Sarah chosen the VP candidate to keep conservative Republicans on board? It doesn't seem that worked out either.

September 26, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  2. cool onlooker

I think Palin very much fits in a job teaching kindergarten kids who is "good guy"/"bad guy"; where to hunt for moose; how to see another country from backyard...

Other than these, what is her qualification? Cannot put a sentence together in a semantic manner; cannot think right without script or without mentioning McCain the supervisor...

Grow up gullible voters, don't be blinded by the delusion

September 26, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  3. Kel

That's the EXACT SAME THING she said in her interview with Charlie Gibson. This lady, although very talented, is a broken record we don't need playing in the whitehouse!

September 26, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  4. Brain in DC

Can somebody call the police for the bad guys,... please.

September 26, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  5. BOOK Banning - Looks Like a BAD idea NOW

Hey Sarah............I guess BOOK BANNING seems like a very BAD IDEA to you NOW.

Girlfriend, You need HELP!

September 26, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  6. Jill (Oregon)

OH MY GOD!!!!

Please watch over our country and allow us to have sane leadership with Barack and Biden.

This woman is a nut case and I ask you all to remember she will be 1 heart beat away from the Presidency.

September 26, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  7. Bitter in Texas

I feel dizzy, I feel dizzzzy, I feel oh so DIZZZZZZZYYYY. The Rethugs are a funny lot...funnier that John Stewart, SNL, Letterman, and the Tonight show. The really sad news is there are people who are going to vote for these CLOWNS. God help us all.

8. Amy

I guess we know where McCain/Palin stand: bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!

Thanks, but no thanks Gov. Palin.

9. Tony

THAT'S IT! I CAN'T STAND TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD FROM THIS BOBBLEHEAD BARBIE! SHE IS NO MORE THAN BUSH IN A SKIRT AND SOME LIPSTICK! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TOTAL INCOHERENT BABBLING!

HOW COULD ANYONE TAKE THIS WOMAN SERIOUSLY?

THERE IS NOBODY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. SCARY

There's 'dumb', and then there's 'scary dumb'. America, meet Scary Dumb.

11. Liz T, Tucson

I am an avid feminist and I believe in affirmative action, but there MUST be a basic level of capability in order to promote someone into the VP position. I would even live with her fundie views if she were experienced, well-informed and able to formulate a sentence that actually answers the question asked.

I agree with Watching C.- the way she has been used by McCain is appalling! She is nowhere near able to be VP. I know women I work with who would be more capable than Sarah Self-im-Palin.

12. Joe Idaho

Now I know where the undisclosed location was...... Alaska

13. KS

Scare Technique! When nothing works and nothing to offer to the public SCARE them to the death! Try to repeat the scene from 2004 Election!!

She scares me to the most every time she opens her mouth in front of Camera. She should have read the news that came out within two days that Bush rejected Israel's Plan to bomb Iran's 'Nuclar' sites!

Oh Well, you dont have to be informed to run for VP and heartbeat away President of USA.

Wake Up America and Pack this clone along with her Mentor!

14. Mike

This woman is totally clueless. Check the US Naval ship that was constantly attacked by them. Over 3 hour of airplane strafing and bombing. By the way the American flag was on that ship. Radio calls
    didn't matter they continued to attack.

15. Republican Supporters in the Dark

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am pro-life, pro-Israel (which does not mean I am anti-Palestine or any other nation that is not a friend of Israel – unless they attack Israel unfairly in any shape or form). I believe that Israel has a right to defend herself against nations that are hostile to her. That said, I do not support Gov. Palin, Sen. McCain or the Republican party in general – even though I did in the past. To get to the point that I wish to make: Only pride or denial would cause anyone to say or believe that Gov. Palin is actually fit to be Vice President and ready to be President. I am beginning to feel so sorry for her. I literally can't sit through her interviews. It makes me cringe. She probably would have done better as the person that she was before she was programmed by the McCain camp. It is truly sad.

Anyway, I look forward to the Democrats winning the White House and picking up the reigns to a long and difficult recovery from the mess, on all fronts, that the Republicans have put this country into. And make no bones about it, a great task awaits the next President.

16. Annie

Personally, after all the hatefulness spewed during the Republican Convention it would be interesting to hear how she really feels about Israel. On second thought, no thanks.

17. meiko

She is SO SEXY! We should never second guess Palin because she is obviously a good guy.

18. sue

@ Yes

Of course each nation is sovereign and can do whatever it wants. We do it all the time. It doesn't make what the nation do right.

AND second guess what a nation does, that doesn't mean the nation that is going to do something is going to stop. But it does tell that ally that we don't think they should do that and if they do, we may not back them up.

By saying that we should never second guess Israel, it is tantamount to telling Israel that no matter what they do we have their back – even if it means they start WW III... we back them up. That is irresponsible and foolish.

19. Jordan - San Marcos TX

Her mode of "thinking" and the standard GOP mode of thinking is incredibly dangerous and reckless.

20. Matt from L.A.

To John who asked (off topic): "Question to the Obama Supporters:

I thought Barrack Obama is Patriotic, I just notice that he is using A320 aircraft for his campaign. What happen to Boeing made Aircraft."

Answer: I think his Boeing had mechanical trouble TWICE recently, and one of those incidents was potentially quite serious.

If your Chevy catches on fire twice, and then your Ford SUV rolls over, is it unpatriotic to try a Toyota for a change??

21. case

Bush may have blocked an Israeli attack on Iran. Did he just second guess them. Sec. Rice has called the settlements a potential impediment to peace.. did she also second guess Israel. Sarah please.

September 26, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  22. Reformer

Well... are we okay with other nations second guessing us?

It is called sovereingty, folks.

September 26, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  23. WI Cheesehead

VP debate Thursday, October 2 Washington University in St. Louis, Mo. Gwen Ifill PBS moderator.

Q for Palin: You have repeatedly said “I am ready to serve”. Can you please give specifics.
    A from Palin: You can ask me for specifics and if you do I’ll get back to you.

Palin interview summary:
    First interview, with ABC's Charlie Gibson, she blanked out when asked about the Bush doctrine.
    Her sit-down with Fox's Sean Hannity was a GOP infomercial.
    Latest face-to-face, with Katie Couric of CBS, she looked like a high-kid trying to B.S. her way through a book report.

September 26, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  24. Vegas Barbie for Obama

She didn't know what she was saying. She said we shouldn't second-guess Israel, but when Katie Couric turned it around on her, she was all "well, we, blah, blah, blah"...she was tripping all over herself. Must not be room for too many thoughts in her head, so she keeps bumping into the few thoughts she has and regurgitating them again.

September 26, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  25. J e r o n i m o !

I wouldn't let that caribou catcher walk my dog!

Wake up America!

There's nothing cool about being dumb!

September 26, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |