September 26th, 2008

Palin: U.S. should never 'second-guess' Israel

CNN

Watch: In her third TV interview, Gov. Sarah Palin raises eyebrows with some of her comments.

(CNN) - The United States should not second guess actions Israel takes in the name of security, Sarah Palin seemed to suggest in a Thursday interview.

The Republican VP nominee recently said that she would never "second guess Israel if that country decided to attack Iran." Speaking with Katie Couric of CBS News, she stood by that quote.

“We shouldn't second guess Israel's security efforts because we cannot ever afford to send a message that we would allow a second Holocaust, for one,” she said. “Israel has got to have the opportunity and the ability to protect itself. They are our closest ally in the Mideast. We need them. They need us. And we shouldn't second guess their efforts.”

The Alaska governor said the United States should be free to relay its rights our concerns, but “we don't have to second-guess what their efforts would be if they believe ... that it is in their country and their allies, including us, all of our best interests to fight against a regime, especially Iran, who would seek to wipe them off the face of the earth,” said Palin. “It is obvious to me who the good guys are in this one and who the bad guys are.”

Palin spent the week meeting with foreign leaders in New York.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Maureen / Newman, California

@ watching closely – The GOP is doing this. But keep in mind that Palin does not fully support women's rights either.

September 26, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  2. Ms. J

Kevin I LUV U

War with Iran: 3 trillion dollars
    War with Russia: 9 trillion dollars
    Purchase of U.S. by China and Middle East: priceless.

Somethings money can't buy.

For everything else, there's the national debt.

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

September 26, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  3. Jim

Yes it is, Cariboo Barbie. It's obvious to us too. That's while you'll be sent packing back to Alaska come November.

September 26, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  4. Porter

She is dumb. Plain and simple.

September 26, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  5. Kelby from Houston, TX

No, they are not our closest ally. They had information on the 9/11 attacks before it happened and they did not share their intel with us. Either they didn't share it with us or the administration allowed the attack to happen

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  6. Bryan Todd

It is "obvious" you don't understand. If you believe in a simplistic good vs. evil argument, you're as dense as the current administration on the Middle East.

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  7. RYAN kr Jr

Sarah Palin is uninformed and naive when it comes to national or international policy, lying on energy supply to US 3% T 20%, WHAT ABOUT BRIDGE AND ROAD TO NOWHERE? Sarah's answers yesterday shows inexperience, incompetent to be great nation VP whether is questions on Isreal, Iran, Russia, Iraq, Pakistan etc...it was like listening to my grandma tells bedtime stories.

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  8. Jorge

Her answers to questions sound like the ones you hear in a beauty pageant when the contestants are trying to appear intelligent.

Oh, wait...

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  9. ME

Anyone know how much money has Obama recieved for his Pres Campaign from Goldman Sachs? nearly $700,000.00....
    Nice
    Why are CNN Pundits allowed to spread lie after blatant lie?
    CNN – ALL BIAS. ALL BULL

Where's the story of Biden shutting out the press from his meeting with Georgia's President? Where's the story of all his STUPID responses to Katie??????? His gaffs of the campaign trail?
    Where's the ad about his previous brain aneurysms and possible brain damage as reason for his stupid gaffs?

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  10. AB

Both Palin and McCain make Bush look like a genius!

Mannn... I never thought I'd say that!

OBAMA '08!

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  11. arc, Lugano CH

good guys...bad guys...baddies?

President Palin, you sound like Monica!

We love you Sarah!

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  12. He's Not Hero

McCain left his wife Carol, and 3 kids for a roll in the hay with Cindy Lou. Yes, Cindy Lou got the man, but she didn't get the prize.

His first wife won because she was able to raise three kids alone, and hold her head high with dignity. Yes, John pays for her medical bills, but he should pay for a whole lot more. He gave her two houses, and left her in the dust.

Shame on John, and shame on Cindy Lou for cheating with a married man.

In Novemeber, I will say no thanks to John and his cohorts, no thanks to John and his trophy wife and trophy VP. The man is not a hero, but a fraud.

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  13. Rhonda

Apparently her meeting with AIPAC went stunningly well for ISRAEL.

She is not qualified to hold office, someone who will not question the actions of another nation is not strong enough a leader to run the United States.

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  14. Was on the Fence

Would someone please tell me why I should even re-consider voting for McCain/Palin? Some answers, please. If you need to go "find some and get back" to me later, go ahead. I understand you may need some time to find some specific ones.

In the meantime, I am off for my Palin "foreign policy experience." Going to my ninth country, just to visit! Oh, wait, that means I have so much more "foreign policy experience" than Palin!

September 26, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  15. Deb n Texas

What is this fool talking about! Can someone ask her what cloud is she on?

September 26, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  16. sonny c.

Why do we, The United States of America, NEED Israel as an ally ?

September 26, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  17. Leonardo

Whoopdedo.

Dick Cheney sounds more balanced
    than this minnow from Alaska.

September 26, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  18. Dana

Ummm well good thing her button is not on the trigger- although I never agree with President Bush- he did make a good call in telling Isreal we will NOT support a Pre-emptive strike on Iran due to the instability it would cause (to say the least). So if Sarah Palin was in office- we wouldn't second guess Israel and would be further stretching our overburdened forces to fight in Iran... possibly kicking off WWIII???
    I feel bad for Sarah Palin because she is going to be the scapegoat for the failure of this ticket- and I honestly feel she bit off far more than she could chew and had no idea until it was too late. Be that what it may-- McCain/Palin is not what our country needs right now or ever.

Obama/Biden 08

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  19. Best Comment Ever

Helena Shaw's comment is priceless. Do a search for Helena Shaw's comment

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  20. Stick To The Issues.

So Robert, (2:03),

How do you really feel about women, this "Lipstick" routine is getting a little old, so what's your shadeof lipstick?

Get real people, stop the cat fights!

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  21. Retired Army Guy

Just curious... Up there in Alaska, do they train the caribou and other animals to kick the governor in the head? She obviously has had her brain rattled by something, because her thoughts and her statements (at least the statements the media ALLOWS us to hear) are idiotic and senseless.

Sarah Palin is a MORON!

Go, Obama, Go!!!

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  22. sophia from NY

yo, so i live in New York City and I can see New Jersey from my rooftop. I also can experience any culture, any cuisine in the world, in all its authenticity, just a subway ride away. Oh, and when I do take the subway, more often than not the subway car I am in has people who speak 20 different languages. I also know how to hail a cab when 20 other people are waiting for cabs too. Oh I am sooo the expert on foreign policy and diplomatic relations, and just – you know – getting things done around the city. And in case you were wondering, I am the one who keeps an eye on Jersey... from my rooftop.

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  23. Darryl Arlington

She is a brainless women, she gave thought a great chance however wht word that follow cause the utmost confusion.

Let her not try to complete one straight sentence...

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  24. lyn

What the hell is this woman talking about, Wake up America, Bush & Cheney dig a hole, McSame & Palin will put the dirt on top of you, I say to you wake up open your eyes and election Obama & Biden.

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  25. Roberto

If Bush/Cheney were bad, i don't even want to imagine Mcain/Palin in the White House. What is this woman talking about? no wonder they have her on a press leash. the things she says further convinces me that her nomination for VP is one of the most desperate political stunt/joke to try to steal votes, do they think we're stupid?

I think we could maybe be forgiven for re-electing Bush, under the cirmstances in which we were after september 11, but to vote Mcain/Palin, is absurd!!! it is actually insulting!

with what we hear coming out of their mouth, they're right about change, Change for the worse! even Bush has realized he put his foot in his mouth.

Vote for Mcain/Palin and see what happens!

September 26, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |