September 26th, 2008

Schneider: Obama scores direct hit

Obama scores a direct hit, saying that McCain wants tax cuts for the wealthy. He's associating McCain with the Bush record on tax cuts.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. dsinger

McCain seems nervous. Obama is solid.

September 26, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  2. John Stevens

And the House Republicans want to give the wealthy even more with no capital gains for two years !!!

September 26, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  3. JIM...TX

Of course McCain wants tax cuts for the rich...him and Cindy make WAY MORE than $ 250,000 that Obama would tax!

September 26, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  4. Pete

McCain just got knocked out.....

September 26, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  5. Michael

if you give a half percent cut to someone who makes a million dollars it will be more moeny then if you give a three percent cut to someone making fifty thousand.

September 26, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  6. Dee

Obama has been very direct and specific.

September 26, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  7. Nick

First half Obama wins!

September 26, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  8. Ms J

Apparently John McCain did not see Palin's interview with Katy Couric...Maverick she is not.. What she is is in over her head.

September 26, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  9. Chris from STL

I guess Obama could have done a better job with economy .... his plan is lot better than McCain's .... it did not come acros that way!

September 26, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  10. Mervin

I am not surprised you cannot see a hit from McCain.Can we all be objective for once instead of always leaning towards Obama?

September 26, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  11. Reuben Fevrier

McCain said Ireland's tax rate was 11%.

It's 12.5%. Who's advising him? + Ireland is in a technical recession.

I'm an accountant from Europe – quite worrying.

Crazy McCain.

September 26, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  12. Hillary Supporter for McCain/Palin

Please do because the voters are not buying it – Please Schenider tell the CNN/Liberal viewers that McCain is another Bush term!

September 26, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  13. Why do you never post my comments?

Biased much, CNN? You guys are now worse than Fox news. Congratulations.

September 26, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  14. Drive_The_Nation

As he should. Obama has been making better points, and making McCain flop on his positions real time during the debate.

September 26, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  15. Nate

McCain is as stiff as ever

September 26, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  16. Rick

There is great need to work this from the bottom up, and end the devestation of top down, trickle down, voodod economics. Obama's plan to reinvigorate 95 % of families who earn under $250k is inspiring.

September 26, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  17. NOSS

I can't wait to get my new $65000 job from the person making $50000

September 26, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  18. Deb, Allentown,PA

Did you see that? Obama just slammed McCain on the lie McCain is spouting about Obama not funding the troops. WTG Obama!

September 26, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  19. Accountant Guy

Obama is slamming McBush all over the stage. It's time for America to see McBush for what he really is, a liar and a cheat!!

Obama/Biden '08

September 26, 2008 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  20. Eric

Mccain won't even look at Obama

September 26, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  21. FEMALE

We should call Palin help lol

September 26, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  22. Ohioian

Let me first start off by saying that the responses on this website seem to trend to the left when clearly the country is divided on the presidential campaign. So, obviously, CNN lacks middle of the road and to the right voters.

Second, I can honestly say I am better off finacially then I was 8 years ago, mainly because I was still in college 8 years ago. Nonetheless, I was smart enough to choose a field that was going to continue to grow-the medical field. I believe my finances have nothing to do with who is president-whether its a democrat or republican. You all are duped on a two party system.

Third, I am so angry about the bailout and the morons who took out these mortgage loans they cannot repay. I chose to buy an affordable home and determined my budget ahead of time. I was smart enough to avoid a loan with fluctuating rates and chose a reputable loan provider. My husband and I based our loan on one income so that if one of us did happen to lose our job we would still be ok financially. I am not just mad at the individuals who were taken in by the predatory lenders but by the individuals who had no business buying the $300,000 home to keep up with the Joneses. They instead should have purchased the $150,000 home. With that said, I want to know why I should bail out those individuals who cannot pay their own bills. When magically I can pay all mine, and ghast on time.

September 26, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  23. DanT

To no one's surprise, Obama is whipping McCain on substance and the issues, but he does need to settle down and let McCain finish his line of bs. He's interrupting too often. McCain is presenting an image of patient maturity. I would like to see that infamous temper be aroused. He must have taken valium or something stronger for anger management purposes.

September 26, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  24. KS

Is there a limit on the number of lines in this comments on debates ?

September 26, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  25. Chrystal G Durham, NC

McCain has poor judgement it showed at the beginning of the war and his decision to suspend his campaign. Looks like we have an candidate in McCain that can not make clear decisions under pressure. Off the wall decisions can cause us more problems.

September 26, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |