October 2nd, 2008

Biden and Palin talk economy

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/02/art.vp.debate.ap.jpg caption="Biden and Palin on the economy."]

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) - Sen. Joe Biden said the economic bailout bill is evidence that the U.S. has had the "worst economic policy we ever had."

Biden made that statement in response to the first question of the vice presidential debate.

Watch: Biden talks economy

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said a barometer for how Americans are feeling about the economy can be felt at kids' soccer games.

Palin said Americans are "scared."

She praised Sen. John McCain's efforts to help get to an economic bailout bill passed.

Biden said Barack Obama warned of the subprime mortgage crisis two years ago while McCain recently said he was surprised about it.

1. Robert (FL)

Biden seems like just another washington programed speaker, Palin seems new and not programed to the thinking in washington.

October 2, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  2. John

Can someone please make her answer the question!

October 2, 2008 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  3. Rick, Tx

It is so sad how selective you guys are about posting peoples thoughts. Just hide the truth, right. You people at CNN are so sad. I can't believe that I am even on this site.

October 2, 2008 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  4. Khalil2u, Jersey

Coal is killing the people of China. So I think it's very smart to be skeptical and cautious when it comes to the health of the American people. We need alternatives but Biden is showing his JUDGMENT !!!!!!!!

October 2, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  5. Sandra Young

Hello All:

Here we go. You know this woman is a snippy, condescending–so unprofessional.

Way to go Joe B. on the issues of supporting same sex marriage benefits. Sarah is against same sex marriage, gays, and lesbians in addition to a woman's right of abortion.

Thanks.

October 2, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  6. jamBARACKin it'08

I agree Bob W. I don't want to see Men vs. Women that tells me nothing

October 2, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  7. Rosemarie

OK would someone please just give the woman some pom poms so she can do some dance movements with the John McCain cheers she's doing

October 2, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  8. jamBARACKin it'08

What is she talking about? blah...blah...blah

October 2, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  9. Holly

Palin continues to dodge the questions and the analysts just love her. I have a hard time finding the intellect.

October 2, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  10. LC in Detroit

Is Rollins biased? His score seems to be the outlier...Yikes

October 2, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  11. Stacy GA

I support McCain and Palin but she needs to stay focus and answer the questions at hand.

October 2, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  12. Robert (FL)

I'm an Independent, I just wish the candidates would convince me to why I (the Independent) should vote for them.

October 2, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  13. Alton Drew

Gov. Palin is not demonstrating that she understands the fundamentals of the economy. Anecdotal evidence from a soccer game is not good enough. You have to understand and be able to explain fundamentals such as national income, investment in plant and equipment on the part of businesses, exports, and government spending. Its easy to take these fundamentals for granted when you have a cash cow in oil.

October 2, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  14. Happy Camper

This woman scares me. She doesn't believe global warming is man-made. Is she a scientist? Does being Governor of Alaska make her an expert on the environment?

October 2, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  15. ms007

I agree with emily.She is totally nonsense and it is proved today she is supremely un-qualified to become the VP......

October 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  16. Fred, TX

I am appalled that John McCain has even asked the American people to consider her as a possible President. I mean thats the "scary" part of this entire process. Even if Obama somehow lacked certain experience he has the judgement and the advisors around him to guide this country out of this mess.

McCain's judgement has to be questioned that we would have an everyday hockey mom as Vice President...possibly President.

October 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  17. Khalil2u, Jersey

The surge surge surge. What about the lie that got us into this war. It was my Muslim Sunni brothers that started to stand up to the shia death squads and even to Al Qaeda that made that surge work. Michael Ware CNN reporter agrees with that fact. The Iraqis stood up to fight. When will the US and the Iraqi Gov. do the diplomatic work that needs to done?

October 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  18. christy - mpls, mn

NO End in Sight – end the war Now...watch the documentary

October 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  19. william brickhouse

The Gov does not fully understand climate change is create by man and poor government environment policies.

October 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  20. Khalil2u, Jersey

Pakistan has the weapon!!!

October 2, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  21. mark

Why can't Biden take responsibility for his past comments? He never agreed with Obama until he made him VP candidate. Palin right again!

October 2, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |