October 2nd, 2008

Palin blames financial crisis on Wall Street

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/02/art.ap.palin.debate1.jpg caption="Gov. Palin blamed the financial crisis on Wall Street Thursday night."]
ST. LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin blamed some of the U.S. financial crisis on Wall Street during the vice presidential debate.

"You darn right it was the predator lenders," said Palin. "There was greed and corruption on Wall Street."

Watch: Palin: Economy is hurting

Biden blamed some of the crisis on deregulation policies that John McCain believes in.

"He voted for deregulation and that is why we are in the crisis that we are in," said Biden.

1. LaQuanda

Exactly She literally is talking about NOTHING FOR EVER!!! Oh and ALASKA!

October 2, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  2. Ruby Jones

Tired of hearing "the corruption of wall street". No one has done anything to help working people trying to buy homes.

I've known for over three years that we were in a recession. But the Republicans were all denying it. Now everyone knows

Just this week the store I work for has been cutting hours and the number of customers shopping has dropped.

October 2, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  3. Betty Stockton

Why is the moderator allowing Palin to go off-topic on questions put to the debaters?

October 2, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  4. Angela

What is she talking about?. Is she forgetting that she is debating McCain's plans not her own . Her term as Governor is not whats being debated. Go Biden bring the debate by to the issues at hand because clearly Palin is stuck in Alaska.

October 2, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  5. Gerri

I couldn't agree with Lisa more!!! I pray for America if Gov. Palin is given the mandate by Americans to stand one heartbeat away from the Presidency!

October 2, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  6. Julia

Palin seems to be in a hurry to get her memorized verses spurted out. I wish she would slow down. She talks more that Biden and we all know he cant shut up...

October 2, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  7. Griffin

Izman... was it her or her secretary who ran an executive office? Try waking up. Forbid something happening to McCain and Palin becomes president...America is history! She should return to hybernation in Alaska and raise her baby along with her soon expected grandchild.

October 2, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  8. jo

Why is she avoiding the questions and instead answering questions she brings up to discuss. Obviously she will only answer questions for which she has been coached. She does not answer questions asked!

And her little "homey" words! How demeaning! And this woman may be a heart beat from the presidency! Thank you John McCain!

October 2, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  9. Izman

I have to agree with Palin, the Democrats do not want us to be energy independence.

October 2, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  10. dr. htyte

she makes the points so firm than him.

October 2, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  11. Peggy in Atlanta

Hmmmm........ compare Biden's first debate with Palin's tonight! At least she won't have to resign due to plagiarism!

October 2, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  12. gumby

pay attention to the question and how it's being answered! BUZZ WORDS! all u zombies in high places

October 2, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  13. Sherri

Palin is disappointing. She is just keeping to her predecided points. She isn't answering the questions

October 2, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  14. John in toronto

Wow – it would be great if Palin would answer the question that was asked vs the question she was prepared to answer!

October 2, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  15. Michael

Sound as if she getting upset. Her voice is starting to strand. I just get a kick out of Biden constant smile while Palin 2-step around questions.

October 2, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  16. carmen

Palin is doing well, she is talking like an everyday person.

October 2, 2008 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |
  17. Izman

Terra: Have you been to Alaska? I have. It is large! Biger then your so-call NY. I also grew in NY. So, don't go there and try to compare NY with Alaska. New York has financial problems due to all the liberal programs. I use to be a liberal until I joined the military and had my mine clear. By the way, all demos always calling for other energy sources... I tell you what, you drive your solar vehicles while I drive my gas vehicles. By the way, I noticed that CA and NY has financial issues... Gee I wonder why.

October 2, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  18. Joyce,tx

is she a human or a robot?

October 2, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  19. Drew From SC

Palin is not even answering any of the questions that she is being asked. All she says after each question is "Well, in my state,,,," She is so weak!

October 2, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  20. GR, MI

At least she didn't bring in energy to the same-sex marriage question.

October 2, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  21. tim

It angers me and alot of my family and freinds to see the government
    try to bail out wall street.I think they should start with us little guys
    who are struggeling to make ends meet and let the money flow
    up.I'm afraid if they give it to wall street it is going to evaporate
    like most of the 401 k's and stocks,and banks,that have already disapeared. I think about those ceo's who are going to have a merry christmas while we wonder if we are going to be able to keep warm
    this winter.Merryxmas uncle sam
    tim

October 2, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  22. Izman

Jaime;;;; If you reseach, you will find out that the Democrats (Barny Franks, Chris Dodd, etc) was behind the deregulation of Wall Street years back....

October 2, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  23. Griffin

McCain would have been better off choosing Hillary Clinton as VP. I'd believe her much faster than Palin.

October 2, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  24. gavin doyle

Sarah aint " DARN RIGHT" on the economic problems.......8 yrs of Bush aint darn right for anyone....and McCain/ Palin aint gonna be are darn next PRESIDENT.....

YE HA........I am darn right outa here

October 2, 2008 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  25. Renay

All of the ignorant people here who think that Palin is the next best thing please don't waste any more brain cells responding!

October 2, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |