October 5th, 2008

A dead heat in Colorado

Sen. McCain held a town hall in Denver earlier this week.

Sen. McCain held a town hall in Denver earlier this week.

(CNN) - Call it the Rocky Mountain battle for the White House.

A new CNN Poll of Polls in Colorado suggests the battle for the state's 9 electoral votes is a dead heat. In the survey, compiled Sunday, 47 percent of likely voters in Colorado back Barack Obama for president, with 46 percent supporting John McCain. Seven percent of those questioned are undecided.

The CNN Poll of Polls is a compilation of the latest surveys in the state. The polls in this latest average are a Mason-Dixon survey conducted September 29-October 1, a CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corporation poll taken September 21-23, and an American Research Group survey conducted September 23-25.

Both campaigns are spending a lot of time and money campaigning in Colorado. McCain made a swing through the state on Thursday and Friday. Obama last campaigned in Colorado on September 29. The Democrats also held their party's national convention there in late August.

Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada are three mountain west states that voted for George W. Bush in 2004 that the Democrats are hoping to turn from red to blue come Election Day.

1. LC

Everyone I know from Colorado is voting for Obama. It will go Blue this election.

October 5, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  2. The Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

summerlover is right on. Wish i could have thought of that first.

the next time anyone hears that Obama was only 8 years old when Ayers was committing his terrorist acts, please point out that he was 34 years old when he was in Ayers living room!

And he was 44 listening to Reverend Wright. What a sleeze ball

October 5, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  3. petena

There is a lot of garbage out regarding McCain but Obama will not stoop low. Obama is a professional and his campaign remains about issues. If you want to play dirty, how about witch Palin, etc. Look up the manchurian candidate on Google.

October 5, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  4. Brendan M Prawdzik

I'm polishing my dancing shoes, because the streets of Berkeley are going to be alive with celebration on Wednesday, November 5.

Hooray for Obama/Biden!

Hooray for common sense, rules of logic!

Hooray for grammar and spelling!

Down with the fear-mongerers and racists!

How can you expect the people to raise themselves up if you continue to demean their intelligence and deceive through scare tactics? Down with you!

October 5, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  5. Republican for Obama/Biden

Texas going BLUE for Obama.

McCain will be saying soon, "Say it ain't so Joe", we're moving out of COLORADO..

Let's give a "Shout Out " to OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, INDIANA, NEW MEXICO, NEW HAMPSHIRE, FLORIDA to vote for Obama for growth and properity.

October 5, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  6. Obama a REAL Change

annie – never again a dem To cnn – guess you only post blogs that are favorably to your candidate. Yes, your right McCain/Palin are their favorite!!!!!!!!!

Yes, those Republicans are busy buying the NEWS and Internet media...annie you were never a dem.....BUT I am a HAPPY DEMOCRAT..........................has been for YEARS.....Try to tell the truth and maybe your comment will be posted.........

October 5, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  7. Lisa

The McCain campaign is sooo desperate right now that they will do and say anything to get ahead in the polls. If he has been fighting all these years in congress for the American people, Why are we not hearing more on what he has done for us?

Because, he is just like George Bush, more for the rich, less for the poor.

OBAMA FOR REAL AMERICANS!!

October 5, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  8. Colin

Go Obama turn Colorado blue!!!! I wonder when it is that McCain will begin to actually discuss what his policies are instead of attacking Obama. This entire campaign so far has been nothing but attack ads from McCain, it's pathetic, hasn't he gotten it that people are tired of the personal attacks? Atleast Obama has discussed his policies several times following it up by ads that are focused on the things that matter...policies. What a way to run your campaign...we're losing in the polls so lets admit that we are not going to focus any of our campaign on policies but instead focus on attempting to attack Obama's character with flat out lies. McCain/Palin have ruined their credibility, not that Palin had much to begin with, with their doomed campaign that is filled with lies, they're not just being claimed as lies they were fact checked and are proven lies. McCain's health care ideas are a joke...must be because neither McCain nor Palin have to pay for their own. I see no advantages to voting for McCain if you're an every day hard working person. Can't wait for the lawsuit for Slander/Libel on Palin for stating that Obama is a "terrorist", which was also proven to be completely FALSE. If you're happy with how the last 8 years have worked out then vote McCain. If you're ready for change there's only one answer Obama/Biden '08!!!!

October 5, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  9. former gop

Colorado, I know you're smart enough not to be fooled again.

Women in Colorado, do you really think it's okay for Palin to take away your rights to your body?

And all with a conscious in Colorado, do you really think it's okay to slaughter wildlife – like bears and wolves from an airplane? Wolves are cousins to your dog. Imagine your dog running through the snow and being shot in the back. Palin is evil.

October 5, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  10. Dave

This "Poll of Polls" is incredibly inaccurate. Including a poll from 2 weeks ago, and one from ~10 days, is rediculous. This disregards the effects of the Bail Out, and both debates.

Please report something relevant!

October 5, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  11. AUC

I just came back from East Tennessee where I was born to Nashville, where I live. On the major freeway there all I saw were McCain/Palin signs. In my predominately African American neighborhood all I saw were Obama/Biden 08 signs. In the neighborhood where there were non-African Americans I know who went to college and were long time Democrats, I saw Obama/Biden signs.

I had a coupon and went to a major fast food restaurant and was told by a young White teenager they didn't accept the coupons (this was a major restaurant chain and the coupon was theirs), but he would make an exception this time and do me a favor. I am a 49 year old African American with a Masters Degree in Consumer Education and was on the verge of telling the young clerk that I was one phone call away from the company's home office who I sure would be interested that their major coupon was being regected in a small country town in Tennessee when presented by an African American female.

But then I caught myself and remember that this young teenager was a product of the racist (old South) southern mess that I had been raised up in but, by the grace of God left my small narrow minded town and saw more of the world, met other people and received an education. Enough is truly Enough!!!!

My prayer for this country is that people will wake ups and stop the maddness of division and racism. Truly Stevie Wonder can "see" that Barack Obama and Joe Biden are the only choices for America during this time of economic crisis in this country. Don't be ruled by fear and lies by the McCain camp. God does not like UGLY and there plan is to try smear and nonsense! BE SMART AMERICA – OBAMA/BIDEN 08/12!!

October 5, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  12. Green 45

Boy this is funny. I do not care who wins. It will not effect me either way.
    1. We own our home, cars, no cc debit & have military retirement 25yrs
    2. I will close my business (do not want the tax headache)
    3.Stop all extra spending ie magazine, newspapers, cable tv, cell phones, renting or going to movies ect....
    4. We own land with water for 80yrs so having food is not a issue
    5.We own guns
    So all of you support higher taxes while I sit back and laugh.
    I will be able to say I TOLD YOU SO.
    One thing is sure my family will not be in the soup kitchens HA! HA!
    Oh and please do not cry WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!
    I can make corn bread and beans a full meal.
    Oh and CNN if people can not afford cable there goes your job HA! HA! What goes around comes around.

October 5, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  13. Mary Jane

Don't worry John McCain – The sensible voters of Colardo have your back. Their is no way we will vote for a terrorist loving racist church hypocrit of the likes of BO. We want real change we can count on in these turbulent times, not a flash in the pan celebrity. McCain/Palin 08!!!!

October 5, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  14. Bitter Allen Hussein, Visalia CA

McCain, Dead Meat in Colorado

Fixed your headline for you CNN.

October 5, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  15. Sheila43302

Those polls were taken before the VP debate Surely Ms Palin's performance would have caused a down-tick in Sen. McCain's numbers.

October 5, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  16. JWS

The ignorance of the American people is AMAZING.

We are a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC.

NOT A DEMOCRACY.

Check it out.
    Simply put.:
    2 wolves and a sheep are deciding what they want for dinner. ??? DUH.

It is just that simple.

You want a "Democracy"?
    That is what you get. We are NOT a Democracy. We are a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC. It was developed to insure there would be NO lop sided wrong thinking taking place which would cause serious injustices because of "MOB RULE".
    Imagine the voting taking place which would enable us to discriminate against red haired people. ( JUST AN EXAMPLE) Out- numbered 4 to 1 (Again an example) we decide they don't get the right to vote. The Supreme Court overrules the decision and determines that they are entitled the right to vote.

The point I am making is that MOST Democrats are ignorant. Once they get educated they recognize that Obama is a SOCIALIST. AND as soon as they figure out that taxing the "Rich" means that small business owners are those "RICH" and they pay for most of our jobs and they won't be able to invest in their own companies, they recognize that they are in fact against the idea of voting for a SOCIALIST like the Obama, Biden ticket.

October 5, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  17. OFFWALLST

WATCH FOR RACE TO END NEAR A TIE AT END OF OCT...IF SO MCCAIN WILL WIN

HIS CHARACTER WILL NOW BE MAIN FOCUS FOR REMAINDER OF MONTH!!!

WATCH FOR MORE DETAILS ON AYERS..RESKO...WRIGHT....

AND HIS DONATIONS FROM OUTSIDE THE USA!!

October 5, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  18. TJ

Mis-direction, the oldest trick known to man. I guess we are suppose to be stupid and not see what McCain has done and still doing.

(1) Tapping Palin for VP – totally out of her league
    (2) Postponing campaign – watch the dog who brings the bone
    (3) Smoke screen – Alienating Bush/GOP
    (4) Mockery – Covering up Palin's (Adultry, Witchcraft, Investigation)
    (5) Pathetic – Stooping to an all time low (Swiftboating)

"When you start out foul, it usually ends up foul"

October 5, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  19. Juan Grain

Here is some straight talk. We will win. Look at Real Clear politics, take your wishful thinking out of the game and look at the numbers. In the last 18 elections only 2 have overcome a lead like this with this much time!!! that means the odds are near 10% for McCain. We will win Colorodo too. Why? Because folks (Joe six packs) know that McCain/Palin are not Mavericks they are Bull$h*tters. she evades questions because se don't know anything and he lies and cheats. starting with Carrol and then Keating 5, Keating rymes with Cheating. Let me repeat my self Not Mavericks but Bul$h*tters, close but opposite, the other end of the Bull!

October 5, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  20. BJGT

Quick reminder of key points:

McCain is erratic in a crisis.

McCain is out of touch on the economy.

The economy is in a crisis. Guess McCain wouldn't be the best choice.

October 5, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  21. Chad

The McCain sends the candidate that has the lowest favorbility ratings to attack Obama.... great move, NOT.

October 5, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  22. Megan

I am from Colorado, and if this state goes blue......I am moving to Alaska.

October 5, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  23. J. VALLIANT

I live in Kansas. Kansas ALWAYS votes Republican. I usually feel like
    my vote is worthless. But I will still vote Obama/Biden in November.
    I am seeing lots of Obama supporters in the state, many more that usually support a Democrat. I think in the battleground states Obama
    is going to surprise a lot of people.

October 5, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  24. v.ananthan

I think there sholud be a check on both candidates campaign money whether there are foreign money involved...

October 5, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  25. RJW

All I have to say is any one that vote repubician this year must enjoy watching American People continue to suffer. We all have been affected in one way or another. (high gas prices, lost of homes, lost of jobs, no health care, seniors becoming homeless, food prices sky high, the list goes on) At this rate, all state should turn blue or their state must not have any of the problems listed above. I pray that people will put Our Country first by voting for the canidate that for all peoples not just a few.

Save America by voting Obama/Biden