October 16th, 2008

Republicans re-direct ad dollars to traditionally-red states

A new RNC ad is airing in key fall battlegrounds.

A new RNC ad is airing in key fall battlegrounds.

(CNN) - The Republican National Committee released a new ad hitting Barack Obama on economic policy, as the party began shifting some of its ad dollars to some of this year’s unexpected battlegrounds.

“Meltdown. Foreclosure. Pensions, savings wiped out,” says the announcer in the 30-second spot. “And now our nation considers elevating one of the least experienced people ever to run for president.

“Barack Obama: he hasn’t had executive experience. This crisis would be Obama’s first crisis. In this chair,” he says, over a shot of the president’s desk in the Oval Office.

The RNC’s independent expenditure unit confirmed that it is pulling its pro-McCain ads off the air in Maine and Wisconsin, re-directing the bulk of those resources to boosting advertising in a string of traditionally red states

The RNC will be spending more money on television advertising in the next week than it has during any week of the campaign to date. Much of the spending will be in the traditional Republican strongholds of Colorado, North Carolina, Indiana, Virginia and Missouri. The party will also be increasing its presence in support of the Republican presidential ticket on the airwaves in Ohio, which voted for President Bush in 2004, and Pennsylvania, which went to John Kerry.

Barack Obama is ahead of or statistically tied with John McCain in all those states, with the exception of Indiana. The most recent CNN/Time/Opinion Research Corporation poll there - conducted before the last two presidential debates - showed McCain with a 5-point lead over Obama. That survey’s margin of error was plus or minus 4 percentage points.

1. Bob Indianapolis IN

Caribou Barbie and McSame – A True Waste of Time and Money!

Suit up for that trip to the ashbin of history along with the the rest of the Greedy Old Party...

October 16, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  2. Uncle Sam

A recent Gallup Poll has Obama's lead down to two percentage points. Perhaps the reports of McCain's demise have been premature.

You know how the old man has a way of coming back from the dead.

🙂

October 16, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  3. Uncle Sam

Even the Republicans are going for McCain

McCain McEvil are Loosing the Base–Thank God

October 16, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  4. Adriana

At a rally this morning in Pennsylvania, John McCain stated as follows: "I'm proud of ALL OF YOU who come to my rallies" - while in the background one can hear the words "Kill Obama"! AND, did John McCain stop his speech to address that issue??????????????????????????? OF COURSE NOT!!!

October 16, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  5. Liz

Please, no more ads.
    I looked out my window this morning, and I could see change from here. What a refreshing sight.
    Thank you, Obama/Biden!

October 16, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  6. Republican 4 Obama

8 is enough. Time to move on. It is DONE and the Republicans are DONE.

October 16, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  7. tsm

Obama is up to the challenge. I am excited!!! I just "early voted" for OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

October 16, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  8. Preco, NY

Chasing bad money with good money!!!!!!

That is how you know loosers!!!

October 16, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  9. Lee

Barky Zero is a FRAUD! He isn't qualified by birth to be POTUS, as BO was actually born in Kenya.

I call THE ONE chocolate covered Kerry.

October 16, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  10. Peggy - TX

Not only will Obama win, he will win BIG.

The American people will give him a mandate to usher in a new political reality in American and a Congress and Senate that will not block his efforts.

The Republicans are now just starting to wake to the reality that they elected the absolutely worst president in all of American History and as a result they have lost all creditability.

What else did you expect from a cheerleader who dogged the draft other then the sorry President who lied about why he was going to sacrifice our sons in Iraq, then joked about not finding WMD and also tap dances on the capital stairs to entertain the bored reporters. But b/c they were afraid of loosing their automatic high powered pistols, wanted lower taxes for the very rich, and want to intrude into the private domains of women, they drank the kool-aid of fear and scare and now we all paid the price.

October 16, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  11. Bobby

The smart american people will not let the radicals take over america and thats a fact.!

October 16, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  12. Paul

Mr McCain wants to expand the same failed Bush policies

He certainly served our nation with honor during war, but nowadays, when it comes to do the right things for our people, he is simply wrong.

Now, it is our time to make a difference, it is our chance to improve our lives

Let us vote for

Obama-Biden 08
    Yes they will!!!

October 16, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  13. Yours Truly

SORRY, McCain it is not going to work. The American people are not going to fall for the bananna in the tailpipe, sir.

You, McCain (as the ringleader,) need to take your circus show of a campaign back home to Arizona because you will not be happy come Nov. 4th.

I hope you are hearing me "my friend."

Get up and go vote for the right candidate America:

Obama/Biden 2008/2012

October 16, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  14. Craig from Pennsylvania

Reminds me of rats scrambling from a sinking ship....Bon Voyage McCain/Palin

October 16, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  15. Pamela, Ohio

Well Mr. McNasty,

Just so you know I voted last week for THAT ONE,
    I am also so asking everyone that I come in contact with if they will go and vote early. I am one of those "women " who health matters. I believe that a women choice is her business. And I could never go with someone who thinks that my health insurance should be taxed. I don't want your tax credit for insurance, because it can never replace the one I have at work. You have government insurance and think that the public doesn't deserve the same as you.

October 16, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  16. andrea

Why would they put this add in a state thats already voting for him? Makes no sense just like the palin choice they made.

October 16, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  17. April

MCCain, you have never addressed any of the issues facing Americans such as you noted: Meltdown. Foreclosure. Pensions, or savings wiped because you have only contributed to those issues. Keating Five experience doesn't count, although it is realted to having one savings wiped out.

Obama/Biden has more experience and desire to correct the issues that McCain/Palin.

VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN 08

October 16, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  18. Cindy

After losing Hillary I was going to vote for you Mccain, because I was so angry with Obama. But Ireally take time to listen closely to him when he's talking, I realize that's my president. I really don't known what to said about him. Mccain you're the one who turn a lot peoples away from you. Give it up you loose Obama win.
    And I love the guy he's unique and I'll vote for him all the way.
    Obama/Biden for president

October 16, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  19. ChristineCT

Waste of RNC's money. With McCain's experience, I'd be more afraid than if "that chair" were empty.

October 16, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  20. Republican Voting OBAMA

We have to get out and vote now the Trickery has already started.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08/12

October 16, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  21. Sammy

Dont count your chickens before they are hatched.

October 16, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  22. April

Early Voters have already said NO to McCAIN/PALIN

MCCain, you have never addressed any of the issues facing Americans such as you noted: Meltdown. Foreclosure. Pensions, or savings wiped because you have only contributed to those issues. Keating Five experience doesn't count, although it is related to having one savings wiped out.

VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN 08

October 16, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  23. tired of delusional blind sheep

lmao in florida.. another state that will be turning blue next month..

you hear me.. L M A O!!!

October 16, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  24. tornado1972

Why !! You guys just don't get It?????

October 16, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  25. Gracie

JOHN McCAIN IS GOING BONKERS! HA! HA! HA!

JOHN McCAIN IS GOING BONKERS! HA! HA! HA!

JOHN McCAIN IS GOING BONKERS! HA! HA! HA!

JOHN McCAIN IS GOING BONKERS! HA! HA! HA!

JOHN McCAIN IS GOING BONKERS! HA! HA! HA!

JOHN McCAIN IS GOING BONKERS! HA! HA! HA!

October 16, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |