October 23rd, 2008

View co-host hitting the trail

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/23/art.view.cnn.jpg caption="Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail."]

(CNN) - Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the daytime talk-show "The View," is set to campaign with Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin this weekend.

Hasselbeck, who often clashes with her co-hosts over the presidential election, said Thursday the Alaska governor had asked her to participate in a weekend rally in Florida.

"Governor Palin asked me to be with her this Sunday to introduce her at the rallies in Florida and I am more than honored to be there," Hasselbeck said. "So I will be flying there to travel with her and meet some pretty interesting people, I have a feeling. So that's an honor, I am excited to do it, and I'll have some stories on Monday."

Palin is set to campaign in Iowa, Indiana, and Florida this weekend.

Hasselbeck has engaged in repeated arguments with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and Sherri Shepherd on-air over the presidential candidates, especially after the show's unexpectedly hard-hitting interview with John McCain last month.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Independent for Obama

Who cares? Survivor didn't.

October 23, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  2. Jeff

I wanna go shopping - at Walmart – for groceries. Sarah, can you loan me some cash to do that - oh, what that's? youre going to Saks for a new frock - i see.

October 23, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  3. OS

BIRDS OF SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.

October 23, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  4. Andy H

Wasn't it not that long ago that Sarah was chastising Obama for his celebrity appeal?

5. Spencer/N.N., Virginia

She won't help restore your tarnished image Sara Failing Palin.

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

6. JS

Wow, the GOP has really cornered the market on hot, vapid women.

7. Matthew

1 in 7 chance? That is some fantastic math, you must be an accountant.

8. Matt

OH NO!!!! THERE GOES THE ELECTION!!!! PACK IT UP OBAMA, WE'LL HAVE TO TRY AGAIN IN 4 YEARS!!!!

Yawn...who cares? This woman is an imbecile.

9. Joyce

Again, poor judgment on the Republicans' part. I, along with most people I know, find Elizabeth incredibly annoying so I find it hard to believe she can sway any voters. She's the reason I stopped watching The View. I have no problem with her being on a different side of the political spectrum, but I can't stand the fact that she never offers an original opinion. She simply parrots (very shrilly) the standard Republican talking points. She seems incapable of actually having an intelligent discussion, and can't support her view points other than to just keep repeating the same, worn out phrases. However, she is good at repeating what she's been told by the Republican campaign machine so she and Palin have a lot in common.

10. Michigan Mom

Never in my life have I encountered a young woman who seems as close-minded and intolerant as Elizabeth.

My favorite Elizabeth moment on The View was of her sharing how she takes her children's books, and blacks out sentences she doesn't approve of with magic marker. If I remember correctly, one of the books she altered was Babar, because cousin Elephants can't get married.

She and Palin will make the perfect team.

11. Jackie

As James Brown sang in one of his songs, "They're talking loud and sayin' nothin'!!" Elizabeth will be right in her element because she seems to attack Sen. Obama about and much as McCain and Palin do. They all deserve each other.

12. Ky

Barbies on the move! GEEZ! I can't wait until this woman is back home in Alaska.

13. values

Trailor trash meet trailor trash.

vote Obama.........08

14. Disappointed Independent

Wow, in addition to anti-religious sentiments, this thread is flooded with sexism, too.

And they say that the GOP is the party of the smear...

15. Failin Palin

One empty head helping another empty head = two empty heads

16. beth

Some of you guys are mean. Why can't she support the candidate of her choice? This is America. I voted early for Obama, but you have to lay off people who make a different choice. Some of you obama supporters are starting to sound like hannity.

17. ALI

I never watched the View until late May. I thought they were to hard on 'That dumb Barbie, but they were right. Whoopi and Sherri claim she is not racist but I can look in her eyes and see the racist. I hope she does leave the view because I can't stand her and I hope Rosie will speak out against her one more time because in my view they are to soft on her.

18. deb in Colo

Why is this NEWS???

19. jean,

They deserve each other. Two narrow minded losers.

20. The World for Obama

Isn't she like; the only media personality on a major network who still backs Palin? She must not have good intelligence either.

21. dwayne

Dumb and Dumber, part 3
    Sarah and Elizabeth Road Trip!

22. Roger K.

Dummies United!

23. Brenna

First Sarah Palin says she only likes visiting the "Pro-America" parts of this country and she only speaking with the "Pro-American" co-hosts of ABC's "The View."

Good job dividing us, Gov.

October 23, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  24. Michelle

I am sure Elizabeth will do Palin good ... what a joke
    Elizabeth is the worst host on the view in my opinion
    She has a biased mind against anyone who is not part of
    the *viper party *(my name for the republicans bc of all the venom they spew)
    I dont watch the view bc of her bitter hateful personality
    palin and her deserve each other
    2 bimbos

October 23, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  25. scott

That's all folks! I can hear the fat lady singing. Dumb and Dumber....couldn't have summed it up better myself. Goodbye to divisive hateful politics. Hello to a United States of America.

October 23, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |