October 23rd, 2008

View co-host hitting the trail

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/23/art.view.cnn.jpg caption="Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail."]

(CNN) - Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the daytime talk-show "The View," is set to campaign with Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin this weekend.

Hasselbeck, who often clashes with her co-hosts over the presidential election, said Thursday the Alaska governor had asked her to participate in a weekend rally in Florida.

"Governor Palin asked me to be with her this Sunday to introduce her at the rallies in Florida and I am more than honored to be there," Hasselbeck said. "So I will be flying there to travel with her and meet some pretty interesting people, I have a feeling. So that's an honor, I am excited to do it, and I'll have some stories on Monday."

Palin is set to campaign in Iowa, Indiana, and Florida this weekend.

Hasselbeck has engaged in repeated arguments with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and Sherri Shepherd on-air over the presidential candidates, especially after the show's unexpectedly hard-hitting interview with John McCain last month.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Blue By You

Please keep her and take her back to Alaska with you!

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  2. Fran

Elizabeth, You are great. The View is so unkind to you. I can not stand Joy Behar. She is OBNOXIOUS!!! I loved your t-shirt.

Why doesn't someone jump on the statement of Barack saying he visited all 57 states in his speech in Oregon the other day. If this had been Bush, McCain or Palin, all the media, including SNL, Leno & Letterman, Larry King, Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric would hav been all over it!!!!!

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  3. Dana from NY

TO:Democrat Against Palosi- stop trying to nit pick about something that has nothing to do with anything. After his Indiana event he will be leaving to Hawaii to be with his very ill grandmother, I believe the Madison event was scheduled for later this afternoon which YES had to be cancelled... you want proof or something that she is hurt and sick??? You people are so twisted I swear! The woman practically raised him- so dam right he is going to go see her, come back with an issue to debate about or go blog on fix news!

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  4. undecided

At least Elizabeth will be amoung "normal" people this week end.

I can't see how she puts up with those idiots that she works with day after day after day. She is about the only reason that I watch the show, with the exception of Barbara Walters. If she ever decides to leave, they will loose me as a viewer, along with a lot of others, and I'm sure that their ratings would plummet.

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  5. dee

dumb and dumber! hahaha

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  6. Lilarose in Bandon-by-the-Sea, Oregon

Good!

That puts two DINGBATS on the road and away from TV programming, if only for a few moments.

Folks! I voted two days ago! Here in Oregon! We have vote-by-mail.

I will NEVER understand why the nation doesn't go with this kind of voting. No hanging chads, no voter fraud, no polls you are too tired to go to so you don't vote, no bad weather problems, no not understanding the balloting process, and on and on!

Oregon's vote tally on November 4 will be the fastest in the nation.

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  7. giri d

geiser – gidget and Barbie

What a combination...

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  8. Kerry from Anchorage

Maybe the view would hire Sarah and then we won't have to put up with her in Alaska. Then I could just TURN HER OFF! She is going to be so mad when she loses in 12 days and watch out Alaska when that happens!

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  9. Rob in Sacramento

yup, between them they might be able to spell vice-president. wait, maybe just vice...

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  10. Lorna Mae, Prescott AZ

Elizabeth is cooler than John Mellencamp too!

Good thinking Sarah!!!

I loved Bill O'Reilly on the view yesterday. Boy did he ever give those closed minded woman (Barbara and Joy) just the medicine they deserved. They act like just like the MSM has in this campaign...they (sorry CNN) are in the tank for Obama and don't even try to show any impartiality.

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  11. JLM

Dumb and dumber!

October 23, 2008 01:01 pm at 1:01 pm |
  12. SoCal

CNN where are the issues!

You just keep repeating all the kind of PR and distractions coming from the McCain campaign...

I've had enough!

13. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Just another reason for me to cast my vote for Obama/Biden. He's Presidential, intelligent, steady under pressure, experienced, makes great judgement, and I could go on. We need an Obama Presidency!! America can't afford McCain/Palin two people judging by the Brian Williams interview don't even feel comfortable with each other.

14. Stephen

You're all so right, they've made it to where they are because they're stupid..and you all are so much smarter. Thanks for your input, but I'm pretty sure that most of the country doesn't give a crap what you, cnn, nbc, abc, and cbs have to say...they're just Obama campaign surrogates. Here's what I have to say to all of the above named networks and the poster's on this site...screw you and the horse you rode in on...change is just a word, not an action, think about that.

October 23, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  15. Sarah.....and my last name isn't Palin!

This campaign is trying to get men back... Shameless way to do that. And these women just let them use them that way. I'm not sure which is worse.

Good luck!

Obama/Biden '08

16. Conservative James, Phoenix, AZ

This should be good. Between the two of them, they may produce one synapse for one one-hundreth of a second.

17. TexasAlien

Hey Floridans, brace up for an attack of the bimbos! And whatever y'all do, please don't make Lizzy bust into tears on the stage as she is wont to do on The View. Who knows? Maybe Sarah will appoint her TV Regulation Commissioner in Alaska when she goes back home after their loss on November 4 (that is hoping the Alaska legislature would not have impeached her by then).

18. Beah

YES...you both deserve one another. Both narrow minded people who do not want to expand their horizon and see what other people has to offer. SURVIVORS READY GO! I don't watch Survivor or The View anymore because I have more important things to do.

19. California Voter

Wow the SEXIST comments on this blog are appalling!!! Apparently, it is all right to make outright sexist comments, but even a hint of being against Obama means that one is racist? Give me a break. Are there really that many sexists around? I guess this blog answers that question.

20. Indiana Vol

How sad that Elizabeth is going to campaign with Palin. I can not understand how any Christian can support the politics of hate-lies-division-and-hate that the Republicans spew.

Elizabeth is wrong.

PLEASE AMERICA WE MUST REJECT THE POLITICS OF HATE-LIES-DIVISION-AND-FEAR!

How can you vote for a party that supports killing the unborn???

21. Jane Doe

Too bad, so sad for Palin...she's going to need more help than that! Why don't you take a copy of the US Constitution along with you and a thesaurus so she can learn some alternate words 😉

22. VB Lincoln Park NJ

To paraphrase the old saying, "Boneheads of a feather......"

23. Rachael

The two most annoying voices ever...in one place. Yikes.

24. FreeNLovIt

From Romney to all the other VPs, they would have given McCain a WEAK boost in the arms, Palin was the right choice, but McCain did not have a vision or right economic MESSAGE. HAVING KISSED W FOR YEARS, HE JUST COULD NOT SHAKE OFF HIS KISSING IMAGE.

25. Obama is for UNITING of the PEOPLE

Sarah WON'T do an INERTERVIEW on THE VIEW, but WILL use one of the national known host to campaign with HER? Republican are USERS of EVERYONE and ANYONE just as long as they are in AGREEMENT with them...............Another DESTRACTION attempt!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11