October 23rd, 2008

View co-host hitting the trail

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/10/23/art.view.cnn.jpg caption="Hasselbeck is set to hit the campaign trail."]

(CNN) - Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative on the daytime talk-show "The View," is set to campaign with Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin this weekend.

Hasselbeck, who often clashes with her co-hosts over the presidential election, said Thursday the Alaska governor had asked her to participate in a weekend rally in Florida.

"Governor Palin asked me to be with her this Sunday to introduce her at the rallies in Florida and I am more than honored to be there," Hasselbeck said. "So I will be flying there to travel with her and meet some pretty interesting people, I have a feeling. So that's an honor, I am excited to do it, and I'll have some stories on Monday."

Palin is set to campaign in Iowa, Indiana, and Florida this weekend.

Hasselbeck has engaged in repeated arguments with co-hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and Sherri Shepherd on-air over the presidential candidates, especially after the show's unexpectedly hard-hitting interview with John McCain last month.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. bill smith

its funny that all these women are putting down a female candidate . maybe you dont deserve to be taken seriously .

October 23, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  2. Jane

Can't stand Elisabeth on "The View". Wish she would resign and join Sarah permanently. Maybe she and her family could move to Alaska?

3. Muz

This host looks hot

4. Ursula in Altoona, PA

She's no Oprah Winfrey.

5. rowzeer

Dana ... you took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH 🙂

6. Conservative looking for my party

This GOP campaign is a joke. The amount of hypocracy spewing forth from McCain's mouth is a travesty. It is shameful and sad to see how far he has fallen. He seems to have no convictions and core values anymore. He is erratic, angry, unsure of himself. His judgment is poor, reactionary and risky. Palin is self-serving, too inexperienced and not ready for Primetime as they say. Combined, this is one of the least inspiring tickets in my lifetime. Where did my fiscally conservative party go? Where did my party of inclusion and unity go?

I am a strong pro-life proponent, but cannot in good conscience vote for McCain/Palin. Obama will not get my vote certainly, but McCain has done nothing to prove that he deserves it either.

7. Karen, Arkansas

Well maybe this will help Ms. Leading and her bid to be the all powerful VP....

8. Sandra

Elizabeth will finally get to see first hand how rude some of these people who show up at these rallies really are. When she argues with the other ladies on the view, I really think there is an naive ignorance on her part of what it's like to see a hate filled lynch mob in action. At least I hope that's what it is.

9. Badger

They should mudwrestle. The hillbillies at their events would love it!

10. Karen

All that hate on stage as well as in the audience. What a confirmation of where the rest of the people stand in America. I feel so sorry for Elizabeth husband.

11. frank jones

Regardless of how many days Obama has spent in the Senate, he has no where near the experience that John McCain has. Just because he is a very robust speaker and slick talker does not qualify him to lead a nation in the time of need.

12. Truman

I would not be to dismissive about Palin. The Pentacostal Movement is big! It's influence extends into the African American community as well. The McCain campaign has no idea of exactly what they are tapping into. The Jewish community should be nervous as well...

13. derrick

This is for Matt inPittsburg,
    you MUST be single

14. Coda

HAHAHAHAHA

The ignorance level on that stage may create a black hole

15. Steve

Great. The blonde leading the blind. Maybe they can go on another $150,000 shopping spree together. I'm still trying to figure out how Palin can buy $150,000 worth of outfits for herself and her family, and still think she's "Joe Sixpack/Soccer Mom", while calling Obama an elitist. My family and I ARE a Joe Sixpack family. We probably haven't spent $150K on clothes in our entire lives. I know, I know, people say the leader of a country (she's not a leader, but she plays one in the campaign) needs to look good. Got no problem with that, but don't tell me you're "one of us" when you're spending that kind of money on yourself. Hope you bought warm clothes. You'll need them when you get back to Alaska on November 5th.

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  16. Dee

"Undecided". First learn how to spell before you engage in bad mouthing folks. If she does not like working with "idiots", she can quit and go to Fox news

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  17. DR. JOE

this is news worthy.....

sigh

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  18. Sam Benegal

Another looser is coming to McCain-Palin's rescue.... May be Dennis Miller should campaign for Mccain...

What a joke... 150K dress mackup for Hockey Mom, degree in Journalism but can't correctly tell the responsibilities of a VP..

– Moderate republican for Obama-Biden...

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  19. Shari, NY

Oh well, since Mellencamp is propping up Sen. Obama why not have two attractive women get the men excited enough to attend a Republican rally.

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  20. JT

2 idiots on the trail to nowhere!!!!

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  21. qwert

seems like palin's riding out this campaign like it's some redneck festival. bringing out more right-wing fanatics is NOT going to win you over the indie voters that you need.

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  22. Karen

To Undecided: I am sure no one will miss you as a viewer.

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  23. RW

Is this wise , Lizzy might upstage her, allthough some road kill
    in Alaska might upstage Palin.

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  24. Sonya

Elisabeth is annoying!!!

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  25. Mari for Obama

Maybe Elizabeth can do all the talking!

October 23, 2008 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |